Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

10 hours ago, Colorado Buffalo said:

If your bid isn't accepted do you get an e-mail ?

I was late to the bidding party and put one in yesterday early afternoon. 

Our cruise is Saturday on the Getaway. I put in to go from balcony to a Spa Club Balcony.

You should receive an email either way.

Just got upgraded from an aft balcony cabin to the deluxe 2 bedroom suite!! We leave on the Dawn (Baltic) exactly a week from today, so bid was confirmed 7 days before sailing.

Our bid was 1000 USD pp, which was in the high "fair" range. A very good cabin location on deck 11.

Just yesterday checked the price of this cabin to see if buying an upgrade would be same price or cheaper than my bid but was 2850 USD pp!

Did not receive an e-mail (yet) Found out this morning because of the charge on my credit card. Then checked my reservation and the new cabin number was on it! Sooo excited!

Really appreciate all the knowledge about upgrades on this thread, was very informative and helpful.

• Like 9

14 hours ago, mingo said:

We’re on the Star Monday 7/25.  Our upgrade came today.  We went from a Club Balcony to a 2-bedroom suite.  Our bid was 1500.00.   Happy Wednesday!

Congratulations! Was that considered the Fair or Good range for bidding?

On 7/18/2022 at 10:40 AM, Dcoy said:

I’m on the 10 day Oct 29 cruise and that one is also showing several Havens available. I’m currently in an aft balcony and there are still several of them open.  I bought a Haven suite for $1899

Wolft927-was the $1899 you paid for The Haven suite per person?

9 minutes ago, bbqbears said:

Wolft927-was the $1899 you paid for The Haven suite per person?

Yes, price dropped on my cruise last March to $1899 per person for the courtyard haven. Purchased that outright, then upgraded to 2 bedroom with minimum bid 

Does anyone know if NCL will allow you to bid on additional cabin categories as you get closer to sailing?

Right now I am in a Family Oceanview, and I have been invited to bid on either a balcony or club mini-suite.  Neither category interests me, and the minimum bid is greater than the price difference on the NCL website so you actually spend more by bidding.  I am interested in a SP inside family suite, but I did not get an invitation to bid even though there are plenty of availability. 

Assuming there are no takers for the SP rooms after the first round of bidding, will NCL expand and invite inside and oceanview guests to bid on the suites, or are we deemed not worthy enough?😄

Edited by PCHENG
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, PCHENG said:

Does anyone know if NCL will allow you to bid on additional cabin categories as you get closer to sailing?

Right now I am in a Family Oceanview, and I have been invited to bid on either a balcony or club mini-suite.  Neither category interests me, and the minimum bid is greater than the price difference on the NCL website so you actually spend more by bidding.  I am interested in a SP inside family suite, but I did not get an invitation to bid even though there are plenty of availability. 

Assuming there are no takers for the SP rooms after the first round of bidding, will NCL expand and invite inside and oceanview guests to bid on the suites, or are we deemed not worthy enough?😄

NCL does not offer upgrade bidding to any fully suites/Haven, from either Inside or Oceanview.  You might want to call NCL (or your TA) and ask about upgrading at the current rate.

44 minutes ago, Colorado Buffalo said:

We cruise in 49 hours and no email yet.

When I go to NCL website it still says pending.  We are requesting upgrade from balcony to Spa Club Balcony.  Do those take longer to hear if we get it or not?

all the way to one day before the cruise. we literally received the rejection email the day before we were meant to travel to get on our cruise.

7 hours ago, PCHENG said:

IIRC, you're able to bid on staterooms two categories up, generally.  So if you're in a Balcony, you can do the Clubs and the Suites, and if you're in Oceanview, you can do the Balconies and the Clubs.

I've never heard of them adding more categories closer to the date.

19 hours ago, ggTexasGal said:

NCL does not offer upgrade bidding to any fully suites/Haven, from either Inside or Oceanview.  You might want to call NCL (or your TA) and ask about upgrading at the current rate.

11 hours ago, Named-Tawny said:

IIRC, you're able to bid on staterooms two categories up, generally.  So if you're in a Balcony, you can do the Clubs and the Suites, and if you're in Oceanview, you can do the Balconies and the Clubs.

I've never heard of them adding more categories closer to the date.

Thanks for the clarification.  I will keep my current room then.  My cabin, 12700 on the Joy, is larger than most balcony and mini-suites, so anything less than a full suite is a downgrade space wise.

• Like 1

Cruising for the first time in a few days, and I just scored a pretty sweet upgrade for my 10 day Greece/Italy cruise on Escape. Based on the deck plan, it looks like my cruise is at ~75% capacity – more details below:

Original Room: Studio ($1576 single occupancy) 
Oceanview Bid: $75pp ($150 total – minimum bid) 
Balcony Bid: $210pp ($420 total – fair bid, accepted)

The lowest 'Fair' bid for a balcony on this cruise was $200pp – figured the extra $10 might help give me an edge over anyone that just bid the lowest for 'Fair'. Four days before departure, I received an email notifying me that I was upgraded to a balcony on the 13th floor (spooky? 👻).

Total came to $1,996 for a 10 day solo cruise – the NCL website is showing a single-occupancy balcony at $4,076 so I am quite the happy camper (or sailor?) Anyways, would love to hear your thoughts – safe travels, everyone! 😃

• Like 9

3 hours ago, 9jayj said:

Cruising for the first time in a few days, and I just scored a pretty sweet upgrade for my 10 day Greece/Italy cruise on Escape. Based on the deck plan, it looks like my cruise is at ~75% capacity – more details below:

Original Room: Studio ($1576 single occupancy) 
Oceanview Bid: $75pp ($150 total – minimum bid) 
Balcony Bid: $210pp ($420 total – fair bid, accepted)

The lowest 'Fair' bid for a balcony on this cruise was $200pp – figured the extra $10 might help give me an edge over anyone that just bid the lowest for 'Fair'. Four days before departure, I received an email notifying me that I was upgraded to a balcony on the 13th floor (spooky? 👻).

Total came to $1,996 for a 10 day solo cruise – the NCL website is showing a single-occupancy balcony at $4,076 so I am quite the happy camper (or sailor?) Anyways, would love to hear your thoughts – safe travels, everyone! 😃

The reverse Price is Right strategy— that’s what I call it, and that’s what I did for our bids. I picked a round number we were comfortable with, then bid slightly over that so I have a slight edge over anyone who bid that round number.

Great score on the upgrade, and enjoy your cruise! I’m pretty sure that’s the cruise my brother will be on.