Jim_Iain - 9/5 and 9/17 Equinox B2B - Come along for a Live Blog

Jim_Iain

43 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

We asked about "Private Car or van" since we saw that option in the Cruise Planner. Was told that they have to contact the operator with specifics of what we want to do, hours, etc and would have to get back to us with details. They have to be contacted at least 48 hours before and that the price would not be anything less than $250 or so pp. Ummm Ok thanks. The blonde lady from shorex would not budge to give this info, she avoided me since I asked a lot of questions on bus seating and cleaning and others were getting interested to hear. But the nice Mexican lady and her male colleague at the desk on deck 3 waved us back and gave us this little price tid bit.

Which port(s) are u thinking about for this?

3 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Jim….I think I read you use your iPhone for your photos.  Can you tell me which filter you use for your pics?  Thx!

No filters.    I took a course on iPhone photography and how to adjust exposure, contrast, saturation, depth of field  etc.  the course was on the social media site.   

Really learned incredible thing like framing and using reflections.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hcat said:

We found this annoying..  hard to find & read  in depth, and impossible to save.. and print it out. It is one if the few items I like to keep in my cruise file.  I get the idea of saving paper but these are VIPs that make the cruise the experience  excellent.   

Do they still have paper ads for all the buy and spend more items? Or is it all on tv, app or ?

Just one extra sheet in the daily. 

7 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

No filters.    I took a course on iPhone photography and how to adjust exposure, contrast, saturation, depth of field  etc.  the course was on the social media site.   

Really learned incredible thing like framing and using reflections.  

Jim: if you can be any more specific about where to find that course, I would be grateful.  It sounds like it would really be worthwhile.

Tom & Judy

Jim

Great news on your move to the PH for your next leg. So pleased to hear this.

In case you have checked out the gym facilities, and you have a minimal concern about your calorie intake on this itinerary, you can ask to have a Peleton placed in your Penthouse for the next sailing (assuming, of course,  that there are Peletons in the gym.).

Just a thought.

Enjoy.

Randy

3 hours ago, taylortime05 said:

Jim, do you walk 10 miles a day?  If you do, how long does it take?  I'm trying to increase my walking but never considered 10 miles.   

I do.    I did it by building up to it.   

After retirement I found I was putting on wait just sitting on my butt.  I bought a Fitbit and with the 100 steps an hour reminder.   I use to just get up walk back and forth in the living room.   

I next started to walk down to the end of the block and back which was 1 mile.   I then started a challenge with a fried.    I just kept stretching the walk and built up to 25,000 steps.  

My ultimate destination is one of 2 Starbucks where I stop for a cappuccino.   

At first I thought that a mile was an incredible achievement.  

I bought Iain one and he does 10,000 steps a day    

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations on the penthouse!  Woo hoo!   Looking forward to hearing what it is like, since I have no expectations of actually crossing that threshold!  But happy for you both...wonderful way to upgrade an already great trip.

Love the photos!  Just lovely.

Joanie

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TFree said:

Jim: if you can be any more specific about where to find that course, I would be grateful.  It sounds like it would really be worthwhile.

Tom & Judy

He actually has a website that I guess I can post - When you sign up you get a link to that social site and as you progress through the course you post your work and other "students" answer questions and critique your work. 

https://secure.iphonephotographyschool.com/iphone-photo-academy

He an be  expensive but currently a 80% discount sale.  He has sails often so probably makes us all feel like we got a great deal.

image.png.5212752538f58f96d070e0624933cda6.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GeorgiaPeach51 said:

Congratulations on the penthouse!  Woo hoo!   Looking forward to hearing what it is like, since I have no expectations of actually crossing that threshold!  But happy for you both...wonderful way to upgrade an already great trip.

Love the photos!  Just lovely.

Joanie

Party Time

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, funatseascott said:

Great view.  We had the other side.

728B33ED-041B-4515-A7EA-49908011C077.jpeg

IMG_1039.

13 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

He actually has a website that I guess I can post - When you sign up you get a link to that social site and as you progress through the course you post your work and other "students" answer questions and critique your work. 

He an be  expensive but currently a 80% discount sale.  He has sails often so probably makes us all feel like we got a great deal.

MOV

Loving all the photos.!

Edited by hcat
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

The Course  was probably  well worth it..but you  started with  an exceptional natural talent.  Have been enjoying  your photos on CC for many yrs

Hi Jim... been enjoying your posts, as always. We were happy to see that Andrea is back on board as Hotel Director for your trip. If you happen to see her again during your adventures, can you pass along greetings from the Kerrs from Orlando (Kerr as in the jar, not the car). We'll start our b2b Summit next week out of Miami and your posts have amped up our anticipation several notches!