Carnival 2 day testing window Not 3 day

Steelers0854

5 minutes ago, Steelers0854 said:

From what I know they are focused on DAYS and not HOURS, so yes, if your cruise leaves on a Saturday then taking a test on Thursday or Friday you will be just fine, no matter what time the test is taken.  

That is what JH said on his social media. "Take the test Thursday or Friday for a Saturday cruise "

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steelers0854 said:

I know there is another thread about this but it simply references the CDC recommendation.  People need to know this is now official with all sailings after 9/13.  So you now must get a test within 2 days of your cruise not 3 days.  Things are rapidly changing and we need to make sure everyone has the most up to date info.

https://www.carnival.com/Legal/covid-19-legal-notices/covid-19-guest-protocols?icid=advisory_cruisehealth_072821

Thanks....I did not pick up on the 2 day requirement just yet....we sail late Oct and figured it may happen....you're right, people do need to know and thank you!

12 minutes ago, SmoothFlying said:

Well.. I don't live that close. Wish I did. We live just south of Atlanta had HAD planned (with Covid pre cruise testing reservations made last week too leave the NEXT day, allowing us to drive half way, then drive the second day (my wife does not see well for night driving but I guess she'll just have to creep along the Interstate 30-35 miles an hour. Makes me wonder how many other folks, who had planned to drive AFTER the original granted 72 hour window, will now have to rush to change their testing date AND try to drive pell-mell to make the departure port in time for departure. I guess we could cancel, but we've looked forwards to this cruise sooo I don't know what too do. My wife said she'd do the night driving as best she could.

Mac

Hey Mac,

We’re right there with you. Had made appointment with CVS this morning and had to cancel and will reschedule tomorrow. We’re on the Horizon 9/18. 
We also live south of ATL on the I75 side. Guessing you’re in PTC or nearby. 
Hank

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Steelers0854 said:

From what I know they are focused on DAYS and not HOURS, so yes, if your cruise leaves on a Saturday then taking a test on Thursday or Friday you will be just fine, no matter what time the test is taken.  

thank you..:that’s what I thought but I wanted to make sure. It gets confusing after a while. 

Was going to schedule my tests today but now will do so tomorrow!

5 minutes ago, GaHawkeye said:

Hey Mac,

We’re right there with you. Had made appointment with CVS this morning and had to cancel and will reschedule tomorrow. We’re on the Horizon 9/18. 
Hank

Yeas, we live just north of PTCity. Hope we can find a CVS with an available reservation slot to change our test day and then driving the full distance to PCanaveral. Sigh.. Hope the  GODS Of CDC don't 'decide' to SHORTEN the test time to one HOUR before departure time !! After all, THEY run everything else !

Mac    

2 hours ago, Bob Bob said:

Here is a good thing to know

Mobile Testing

We realize some of our guests are having a challenge getting a pre-cruise COVID-19 test, especially with the new two-day window established by the CDC that goes into effect on September 13, 2021. We are working to set up mobile testing sites at all our embarkation homeports to conduct a rapid test the day before or day of your departure. We are still working out the details and ask that you check back on this page. Carnival will be subsidizing the infrastructure of the mobile testing sites, but the company providing the testing will charge a per-person fee (to be established). Providers will not accept insurance, but you will be provided a receipt should you wish to submit the cost to your insurance carrier. You should consider this as a back-up alternative should you not be able to make arrangements. The mobile labs will either be in or adjacent to our terminals, or within walking distance.

I wonder what kind of disclaimers Carnival will put on this port testing.  If something happens the morning of your cruise and you are not able to get tested, what will they do?  I'm guessing you won't be able to cruise and there will be a disclaimer that takes them off the hook.  Not sure how that would work if there are large numbers of people that it affects.

2 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

I wonder what kind of disclaimers Carnival will put on this port testing.  If something happens the morning of your cruise and you are not able to get tested, what will they do?  I'm guessing you won't be able to cruise and there will be a disclaimer that takes them off the hook.  Not sure how that would work if there are large numbers of people that it affects.

They make it pretty clear that this needs to be your backup plan.  I appreciate that they have taken steps to have this option available as a safety net, and truly hope that people treat it as such.  I am hoping the fact that they will charge for this service will ensure that only those that truly need it will use it ensuring it functions as it should.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Steelers0854 said:

We are going 9/19 on the Pride, but we had already planned for the eMed proctored test and have them ready to go, so it doesn’t impact us too much, may just be a longer wait time to get the test done.  Nothing like trying to hit a moving target!  But it will all be better once I’m sitting on the lido with a drink in hand!

Do you know 100% that this eMed home test is Carnival approved? We are cruising on the Pride 10/3 and their isn't a Covid test appointment to be had in my area at the local big brand stores (did a "mock booking") ie. Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid. And can you elaborate on you statement, "may just be a longer wait timeto get the test done" please. Thanks

35 minutes ago, Shirleybird said:

Do you know 100% that this eMed home test is Carnival approved? We are cruising on the Pride 10/3 and their isn't a Covid test appointment to be had in my area at the local big brand stores (did a "mock booking") ie. Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid. And can you elaborate on you statement, "may just be a longer wait timeto get the test done" please. Thanks

Per Carnival:

Is a self-test acceptable?

Vaccinated guests may use a medically observed self-test (sometimes referred to as home test) that meets the following criteria:

• The test must be a SARS-CoV-2 viral test (nucleic acid amplification test [NAAT] or antigen test) with Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
  • The testing procedure must include a telehealth service affiliated with the manufacturer of the test that provides real-time supervision remotely through an audio and video connection. Some FDA-authorized self-tests that include a telehealth service may require a prescription.
  • The telehealth provider must confirm the person’s identity, observe the specimen collection and testing procedures, confirm the test result, and issue a report that meets the requirements of acceptable proof of a negative COVID-19 test.
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Per Carnival:

Is a self-test acceptable?

Vaccinated guests may use a medically observed self-test (sometimes referred to as home test) that meets the following criteria:

• The test must be a SARS-CoV-2 viral test (nucleic acid amplification test [NAAT] or antigen test) with Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
  • The testing procedure must include a telehealth service affiliated with the manufacturer of the test that provides real-time supervision remotely through an audio and video connection. Some FDA-authorized self-tests that include a telehealth service may require a prescription.
  • The telehealth provider must confirm the person’s identity, observe the specimen collection and testing procedures, confirm the test result, and issue a report that meets the requirements of acceptable proof of a negative COVID-19 test.

Yes, I read that but I'm just being super paranoid I guess. If I get rejected at the port I'll cry (hard).

• Like 2

Oh my goodness!!  I saw this thread and about had a panic attack.  I tested yesterday and was a mess with worry about it.  Then fiancé tested today (he would have been okay with new protocols).  Glad this wasn't an immediate change.  I would have LOST IT!  

Wow this really adds stress to traveling - I recommend the eMed test after what we just went through trying to board Mardi Gras a couple weeks ago (even with a 3-day period).  We had to fly across the country the day prior.  Rapid tests were not available locally, so I scheduled testing w/our doctor's office.  Of the 5 of us, only 2 had test results the night before our 6 am flight.  After lots of calls, the 3rd person was able to get their results before we boarded the flight.  The other 2 still had no results (tests done by Riteaid) by the time we all arrived in FL the evening before our cruise.  Unfortunately, they never did get their results, so they were up at the crack of dawn waiting in a long line at an urgent care somewhere near Port Canaveral for a rapid test.  They eventually got through it and headed over to the ship about noon.

Edited by csm5986142
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, csm5986142 said:

Wow this really adds stress to traveling - I recommend the eMed test after what we just went through trying to board Mardi Gras a couple weeks ago (even with a 3-day period).  We had to fly across the country the day prior.  Rapid tests were not available locally, so I scheduled testing w/our doctor's office.  Of the 5 of us, only 2 had test results the night before our 6 am flight.  After lots of calls, the 3rd person was able to get their results before we boarded the flight.  The other 2 still had no results (tests done by Riteaid) by the time we all arrived in FL the evening before our cruise.  Unfortunately, they never did get their results, so they were up at the crack of dawn waiting in a long line at an urgent care somewhere near Port Canaveral for a rapid test.  They eventually got through it and headed over to the ship about noon.

So yeah, no perfect answer especially with the shortened window from 7

2 to 48 hours.

Edited by Shirleybird

3 hours ago, GaHawkeye said:

Hey Mac,

Hank

Me too! I was so happy I did my check in for our cruise on the 18th and had our tests scheduled at CVS, then got the email from Carnival and had to cancel. Will reschedule in the morning. 

3 hours ago, Shirleybird said:

As other have posted yes this test is ok per Carnival. When I said have to wait longer to get it done I was assuming that more people would be doing these tests because of the requirement and now they would be doing the testing within a 2 day window instead of a 3 day window which leads me to think that the wait times to get a proctor will be longer. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Waiting for the CDC ban on cloth masks for cruising.  Some airlines, mostly European , are banning cloth masks.  Must be N95 or KN95. 

I had already bought a batch from Amazon, just in case. Fingers crossed I still cruise the end of this month and next.   I live in CT but am preparing for anything.

The drive thru testing sites  are illegal because if you have a disability that prevents you from driving and no way to get a ride or are in the port city and cannot get an Uber to drive thru that is a problem They do not provide an alternative. CVS is not following the reasonable accommodation clause of the ADA.

This two day before s cruise is not ok for those with low vision or who are blind that arrive early to a Port .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, travelplus said:

The drive thru testing sites  are illegal because if you have a disability that prevents you from driving and no way to get a ride or are in the port city and cannot get an Uber to drive thru that is a problem They do not provide an alternative. CVS is not following the reasonable accommodation clause of the ADA.

This two day before s cruise is not ok for those with low vision or who are blind that arrive early to a Port .

Oof, yeah, that's frustrating for sure. I'm sure i saw on cvs website that some locations have in-store appts also. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, travelplus said:

Sorry but I disagree that they should be illegal at ports because people might have to take uber who flew in and dont have a car or might be blind ... come on if you can afford to cruise you can find a way to either uber or go to a walk in clinic. .. a walk in clinic you still have to get to it. 

If calif has decided to close CVS drive thru testing, that's on them. My parents no longer drive and I drove them to covid vaccinations. If someone has no family and friends I heard uber took them free. Drive thru lines are so much easier on elderly over 90. You want to discriminate against the elderly who have trouble getting around. Make them go inside. My dad needs his transport chair to get anywhere now, so to you it makes sense people who have mobility issues  need to go inside, close the drive thrus. Such narrow thinking forgetting how hard it is for the elderly to get inside. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Sorry but I disagree that they should be illegal at ports because people might have to take uber who flew in and dont have a car or might be blind ... come on if you can afford to cruise you can find a way to either uber or go to a walk in clinic. .. a walk in clinic you still have to get to it. 

If calif has decided to close CVS drive thru testing, that's on them. My parents no longer drive and I drove them to covid vaccinations. If someone has no family and friends I heard uber took them free. Drive thru lines are so much easier on elderly over 90. You want to discriminate against the elderly who have trouble getting around. Make them go inside. My dad needs his transport chair to get anywhere now, so to you it makes sense people who have mobility issues  need to go inside, close the drive thrus. Such narrow thinking forgetting how hard it is for the elderly to get inside. 

I know Uber and Lyft were offering free rides to vaccine sites but hadn't heard they were giving rides to testing sites (that don't offer vaccine also, obvs.) I'm unable to drive due to vision issues ATM and i live in a city with ZERO public transportation so i understand the frustration.