Carnival 2 day testing window Not 3 day

Steelers0854

I know there is another thread about this but it simply references the CDC recommendation.  People need to know this is now official with all sailings after 9/13.  So you now must get a test within 2 days of your cruise not 3 days.  Things are rapidly changing and we need to make sure everyone has the most up to date info.

https://www.carnival.com/Legal/covid-19-legal-notices/covid-19-guest-protocols?icid=advisory_cruisehealth_072821

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We are going 9/19 on the Pride, but we had already planned for the eMed proctored test and have them ready to go, so it doesn’t impact us too much, may just be a longer wait time to get the test done.  Nothing like trying to hit a moving target!  But it will all be better once I’m sitting on the lido with a drink in hand!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Steelers0854 said:

We are going 9/19 on the Pride, but we had already planned for the eMed proctored test and have them ready to go, so it doesn’t impact us too much, may just be a longer wait time to get the test done.  Nothing like trying to hit a moving target!  But it will all be better once I’m sitting on the lido with a drink in hand!

We are booked 9/23 on the Magic, I also ordered the eMed proctored test and I am so glad I did! Im just ready to be on the ship with a Guys burger and fish bowl.

1 minute ago, tm_aw_love said:

Already posted on another thread. 

Ok, but if I have a cruise in Sept/Oct how likely am I to see it in this thread that you shared?  This change can literally prevent people from taking their cruise, so I think it needs to be easy to see.  Even the thread that says the CDC recommended it isn’t enough IMO, this is an official change by Carnival and not a recommendation any longer.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, NC_Cruisin said:

We are booked 9/23 on the Magic, I also ordered the eMed proctored test and I am so glad I did! Im just ready to be on the ship with a Guys burger and fish bowl.

I will probably be ordering it as well. It sucks having to buy 6 when you only need 3. I am going to ask what the shelf life is of the tests to see how long we can sit on the other 3.

Per their website and confirmation from the FDA, the tests have a shelf life of 12 months. 

Edited by BoozinCroozin

1 minute ago, BoozinCroozin said:

I will probably be ordering it as well. It sucks having to buy 6 when you only need 3. I am going to ask what the shelf life is of the tests to see how long we can sit on the other 3.

They are re only good until February. 

4 minutes ago, Steelers0854 said:

Ok, but if I have a cruise in Sept/Oct how likely am I to see it in this thread that you shared?  This change can literally prevent people from taking their cruise, so I think it needs to be easy to see.  Even the thread that says the CDC recommended it isn’t enough IMO, this is an official change by Carnival and not a recommendation any longer.  

I'll be sure to let them know that their title isn't intuitive enough to be inclusive of all cruisers 🙄

Here is a good thing to know

Mobile Testing

We realize some of our guests are having a challenge getting a pre-cruise COVID-19 test, especially with the new two-day window established by the CDC that goes into effect on September 13, 2021. We are working to set up mobile testing sites at all our embarkation homeports to conduct a rapid test the day before or day of your departure. We are still working out the details and ask that you check back on this page. Carnival will be subsidizing the infrastructure of the mobile testing sites, but the company providing the testing will charge a per-person fee (to be established). Providers will not accept insurance, but you will be provided a receipt should you wish to submit the cost to your insurance carrier. You should consider this as a back-up alternative should you not be able to make arrangements. The mobile labs will either be in or adjacent to our terminals, or within walking distance.

what happens if you cannot get the test results back? most places take atleast a day or so to process the results. if you want a results back quicker usually you have to pay hundreds of dollars for a test 

Edited by shof515

1 minute ago, shof515 said:

what happens if you get the test results back? most places take atleast a day or so to process the results. if you want a results back quicker usually you have to pay hundreds of dollars for a test 

Come to Florida a day early.  Lots of places no or low cost.  If vaccinated you can get by with a rapid test.  Results quick.

4 minutes ago, Steelers0854 said:

I am glad you started it. I'm not sure how we are going to be able meet both the cruise line's requirement and Bermuda's but we shall see.

So if my cruise leaves on Saturday 9/18, I can take the test anytime on Thursday or after? Or does it have to be 48 hours before I check in?

For example, if I check into my cruise at the terminal at noon on Saturday, can I present results from a test that I took Thursday morning?

I’m just to make sure I understand all the requirements. 

25 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Come to Florida a day early.  Lots of places no or low cost.  If vaccinated you can get by with a rapid test.  Results quick.

Maybe where you live but not other areas.  I live a few minutes from Port Canaveral and it's not that easy.  Just recently my SIL needed testing to return to work - couldn't get an appointment.

Since that time the County has opened a testing site in Viera, that might help.  But I wouldn't encourage folks from out of town to arrive at their port and start looking for testing.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, balcony bound said:

Maybe where you live but not other areas.  I live a few minutes from Port Canaveral and it's not that easy.  Just recently my SIL needed testing to return to work - couldn't get an appointment.

Since that time the County has opened a testing site in Viera, that might help.  But I wouldn't encourage folks from out of town to arrive at their port and start looking for testing.

I live here (There? on MI) as well, had to drive to MCO, the CVS on Lee Vista, because it has a Minute Clinic

34 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

I am glad you started it. I'm not sure how we are going to be able meet both the cruise line's requirement and Bermuda's but we shall see.

We might need to complete two tests, one to meet Bermuda's requirement and one to meet Carnival's.

We were told that starting 1 Sept the Fast Test that hospital, emergency rooms, and critical care will get their orders filled and if there is left over test they will go to non critical care type facilities.  We also told we won't know which test we are getting till we are the window ready to be tested.   

31 minutes ago, EngIceDave said:

I live here (There? on MI) as well, had to drive to MCO, the CVS on Lee Vista, because it has a Minute Clinic

Yep, that's probably where I will have to go when my cruise gets closer.  Nuts!!  Don't see it getting any better.  I'd be willing to do at the port testing and pay for it as well.

20 minutes ago, EngIceDave said:

Well.. I don't live that close. Wish I did. We live just south of Atlanta had HAD planned (with Covid pre cruise testing reservations made last week too leave the NEXT day, allowing us to drive half way, then drive the second day (my wife does not see well for night driving but I guess she'll just have to creep along the Interstate 30-35 miles an hour. Makes me wonder how many other folks, who had planned to drive AFTER the original granted 72 hour window, will now have to rush to change their testing date AND try to drive pell-mell to make the departure port in time for departure. I guess we could cancel, but we've looked forwards to this cruise sooo I don't know what too do. My wife said she'd do the night driving as best she could.

Mac

56 minutes ago, redsox1584 said:

So if my cruise leaves on Saturday 9/18, I can take the test anytime on Thursday or after? Or does it have to be 48 hours before I check in?

For example, if I check into my cruise at the terminal at noon on Saturday, can I present results from a test that I took Thursday morning?

I’m just to make sure I understand all the requirements. 

From what I know they are focused on DAYS and not HOURS, so yes, if your cruise leaves on a Saturday then taking a test on Thursday or Friday you will be just fine, no matter what time the test is taken.  

• Like 5