Carnival Corp Pre-BoardTesting

BlerkOne

51 minutes ago, topaz123 said:

So the masking is a cruise ship lines call, and not the CDC..., not sure how one can have it and another cannot?

Basically, as part of the CSO, if you run a (95% or higher) vaccinated sailing, you can offer essentially cruising from 2019. There's no social distancing requirement either . Those rules were written before the Delta variant blew up, so how long lines like NCL can get away with it remains to be seen.

45 minutes ago, tidecat said:

Basically, as part of the CSO, if you run a (95% or higher) vaccinated sailing, you can offer essentially cruising from 2019. There's no social distancing requirement either . Those rules were written before the Delta variant blew up, so how long lines like NCL can get away with it remains to be seen.

Thanks.....kinda like the wild west out here....check the rules every morning...and HOPE...

We leave fly out on a Thursday evening and board carnival on Saturday. 

We are thinking of taking our at home tests at around 12:30 am Thursday.  We will probably be up packing and would hopefully sleep better with that done and okay. 

I know it's 2 days and literally 48 hours... but we curious if anyone else did a midnight snack n test and if Carnival said anything. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, furf_n_slo said:

We leave fly out on a Thursday evening and board carnival on Saturday. 

We are thinking of taking our at home tests at around 12:30 am Thursday.  We will probably be up packing and would hopefully sleep better with that done and okay. 

I know it's 2 days and literally 48 hours... but we curious if anyone else did a midnight snack n test and if Carnival said anything. 

Carnival Val said the hour doesn’t matter. The date does. So it would be fine. 

• Like 1

On 9/12/2021 at 8:16 PM, topaz123 said:

Terrible situation...if the future of cruising is going to be...." You get a test, do the best you can"  with NO HELP AT ALL from the cruiselines...then it's time to look elsewhere for vacation alternatives.  I don't see the  concern for the " angst" of having people drive 100 miles, just hoping they can get a rapid test, and then rushing off to the airport.....Senseless,  at best. Come on Cruise Ship Companies...give us a hand here.

If you are traveling abroad, there is not much of a difference.  This is the world in which we live.  The cruise lines are not the bad guys here, simply simply following what the CDC “recommends”.  Make no mistake, there is no choice.

• Like 3

On 9/13/2021 at 2:03 AM, DGP1111 said:

As well had them needing to have supplies for testing any Back-To-Back passengers, and those (like myself) who are on a Side-To-Side within a very short amount of days. 

Carnival did confirm I'd have my testing available on embarkation day for the next cruise(s), but couldn't tell me specifics of the when/where of that day.  I will be checking back with them as well as communicating with the onboard team of the first cruise. 

Our experience on the side to side was not an issue.  It was done by them at embarkation.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Our experience on the side to side was not an issue.  It was done by them at embarkation.

Jimbo, I'm assuming that all I need for verification of the first cruise (in addition to the negative test results prior to it) will be my Sail & Sign card from that cruise . . . and then show both cards when arriving for the third.  What documentation did you present before the second leg?

2 hours ago, DGP1111 said:

Jimbo, I'm assuming that all I need for verification of the first cruise (in addition to the negative test results prior to it) will be my Sail & Sign card from that cruise . . . and then show both cards when arriving for the third.  What documentation did you present before the second leg?

I went down to GS on the first one(MG) and asked them.  They told me to just bring boarding pass from past cruise.  I asked them to reach out to Miami (which they did) and next day gave us the thumbs up.   When I did the online check in they send a couple days before and it asked if I was outside of the country, it flagged us.  To be honest, I think everything was triggered with just that.  This was 6 weeks ago, but I do not think anything could have changed in this specific area, but I would ask whrn I checked it for first cruise.  Is it B2B or side2side?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

. . .   They told me to just bring boarding pass from past cruise.  I asked them to reach out to Miami (which they did) and next day gave us the thumbs up.   

. . .  Is it B2B or side2side?

Thanks, again, for the great feedback.  It's pretty much exactly what I'd planned to do, but this helps add some reality and history. 

Although I repeat a ship, all three create side-to-side experiences.  I know that sounds dingus, but the scheduling worked, and the pricing was unbelievable (in a good way). 🙂

24 minutes ago, DGP1111 said:

Thanks, again, for the great feedback.  It's pretty much exactly what I'd planned to do, but this helps add some reality and history. 

Although I repeat a ship, all three create side-to-side experiences.  I know that sounds dingus, but the scheduling worked, and the pricing was unbelievable (in a good way). 🙂

Sounds good to me.  Enjoy!  Cannot wait till we get back on the Horizon on 9/26

• Like 1

On 9/13/2021 at 7:10 PM, tidecat said:

Why is Carnival so insistent on following "Suggested" guidelines, when NCL is Not...and  sailing ala 2019?   Odd.....

1 hour ago, topaz123 said:

Why is Carnival so insistent on following "Suggested" guidelines, when NCL is Not...and  sailing ala 2019?   Odd.....

NCL requiring 100% vaccinations (as in no unvaccinated kids), and all passengers have to be tested is hardly ala 2019. Odd would be sailing as if there was no pandemic, ala 2019.

On 9/10/2021 at 12:52 PM, babygrljaz said:

All the walmart's i checked use Quest.  I haven't traveled the whole country but I have seen walmart with pharmacies every were, small towns too.

Even though a Walmart may have a pharmacy they may not offer testing.  I know my local store doesn't.  

On 9/10/2021 at 1:21 PM, OhioJourneys said:

I went to the Quest Diagnostic website and answered all questions honestly.  It appears they are only doing testing if you have been exposed to or are exhibiting symptoms of Covid-19.  The site directed me to a "purchase" option for home testing.  

That's the problem I'm having trying to find a testing site as well as purchasing the at home tests from emed.

43 minutes ago, busymomintc said:

That's the problem I'm having trying to find a testing site as well as purchasing the at home tests from emed.

Try ordering from Optum?

Their questionnaire now has a cruise question - select yes for that and you are qualified. I haven't tried Emed recently.

Do any of the following travel requirements apply to the person who will be taking the test?

Traveling internationally and need confirmation of a negative test to return to the US as required or recommended by CDC.

Needing to obtain COVID-19 test results for pre-embarkation on cruise ships as required or recommended by CDC and our partner cruise lines

I ordered home tests from Optum, a twin pack for $69, got them today so it took three days. They expire in Oct but the FDA has an emergency extension for those tests for 3 extra months. The only issue is, I saw some posts that said to order extras in case one is no good. I would hate to open them up for my husband and I to do them and one be no good and have no back up.

I actually found a local urgent clinic that’s does rapid tests so I made an appointment for my husband and I the morning we drive  to Fl from NC.

14 minutes ago, Enggrl said:

I ordered home tests from Optum, a twin pack for $69, got them today so it took three days. They expire in Oct but the FDA has an emergency extension for those tests for 3 extra months. The only issue is, I saw some posts that said to order extras in case one is no good. I would hate to open them up for my husband and I to do them and one be no good and have no back up.

I actually found a local urgent clinic that’s does rapid tests so I made an appointment for my husband and I the morning we drive  to Fl from NC.

I believe the Carnival questionnaire asks if you tested positive in the past 10 days (or something like that). I don't think it matters how many negative tests you have after that.

I called my health care provider today and set up a nurse's appointment for a test. They said not a problem and results in about an hour. Maybe 2 if they are busy.