Britannia last British Isle cruise

Bin man

10 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

They are saying it is just 'arranged maintenance', although the passengers onboard didn't seem to know about it and some are already shouting 'COMPENSATION'!!! 

Andy 

They always shout COMPENSATION.  The only thing that bothers me is that if it is arranged maintenance then the passengers should have been told before they sailed and I would be very disappointed if I was on board and I would expect 1 day's worth of fare to be refunded.  I think that those of us who have been cruising for a long time accept that from time to time the ship does have to return early for one reason or another and it would be very naive to expect an incident free cruise every time we sail. We had done 56 cruises and have had to return to Southampton early twice and on both occasions we had a portion of our fare refunded and we also got OBC applied to our on board account.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

They always shout COMPENSATION.  The only thing that bothers me is that if it is arranged maintenance then the passengers should have been told before they sailed and I would be very disappointed if I was on board and I would expect 1 day's worth of fare to be refunded.  I think that those of us who have been cruising for a long time accept that from time to time the ship does have to return early for one reason or another and it would be very naive to expect an incident free cruise every time we sail. We had done 56 cruises and have had to return to Southampton early twice and on both occasions we had a portion of our fare refunded and we also got OBC applied to our on board account.

Another annoying factor, is that they are not allowing any disembarkation, stating that there will be no gang plank, even though the ship is due to dock 3.45 pm with a swing round on same berth at around 7.45 pm. Originally this arranged maintenance was shown on the port arrivals for Saturday with a swing around at Saturday Lunchtime.  

Edited by LifeonMars

28 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

I don't get it... 

Staying onboard with the same entertainment, food, service etc as if you were floating around waiting to come into port deserves your money back??? 

As for early disembarkation, you would need to drag me off... 

Andy 

Some passengers would like what they paid for, 6 days at sea. Not tied up in your home port especially Mayflower Terminal, unable to debark.  Other passengers prefer to have port days like yourself so would be happy. P&O have very little respect for their passengers these days, waiting hours on the phone to speak with them or waiting for emails from them . Ok we have COVID but this seems an excuse for extremely bad service from them , These repairs have been in the pipeline and shown as due Saturday according to earlier ABP schedules. I did not mention anything about compensation, but if some P&O passengers are happy to be taken for granted by P& O then it’s down to them. But I am allowed my view also. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

A swing round sounds as though it's a lifeboat check, which certainly could have been done earlier.

Yes it is, also to check pressures on the life rafts.  So pre planned.,  so accepting UK passengers will put up with this. 

Edited by LifeonMars

33 minutes ago, LifeonMars said:

Some passengers would like what they paid for, 6 days at sea. Not tied up in your home port especially Mayflower Terminal, unable to debark.  Other passengers prefer to have port days like yourself so would be happy. P&O have very little respect for their passengers these days, waiting hours on the phone to speak with them or waiting for emails from them . Ok we have COVID but this seems an excuse for extremely bad service from them , These repairs have been in the pipeline and shown as due Saturday according to earlier ABP schedules. I did not mention anything about compensation, but if some P&O passengers are happy to be taken for granted by P& O then it’s down to them. But I am allowed my view also. 

Only giving my opinion, like you are yours. 

We all have different expectations from P&O, mine seem lower than some others... 

Andy 

We've returned to Southampton the night before twice, both times on Oriana.

First time was to get ahead of bad weather.  Docked about 19:00 ish.  Any passengers that wanted to self-disembark could, and anyone who fancied a run ashore could also do so.  No refund of fares etc for anyone who self-disembarked, and imho why should they, dinner and entertainment still available. Their choice to disembark.

Second time, Oriana broke down at sea returning from the Canaries.  Arrived at Southampton about 23:00.  Pax advised that no Border Force present so no one could disembark.  We received about £50 OBC pp for the disruption and port changes caused by the breakdown.  Was happy with that.

9 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

We've returned to Southampton the night before twice, both times on Oriana.

First time was to get ahead of bad weather.  Docked about 19:00 ish.  Any passengers that wanted to self-disembark could, and anyone who fancied a run ashore could also do so.  No refund of fares etc for anyone who self-disembarked, and imho why should they, dinner and entertainment still available. Their choice to disembark.

Second time, Oriana broke down at sea returning from the Canaries.  Arrived at Southampton about 23:00.  Pax advised that no Border Force present so no one could disembark.  We received about £50 OBC pp for the disruption and port changes caused by the breakdown.  Was happy with that.

You got paid £50 for not being allowed to go ashore in Southampton?. How much do you think not being allowed to go ashore in Tilbury is worth. I bid £2.50.🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Britannias passengers are getting the bonus of a nice sail in to Southampton which normally takes place during the night so have they really missed out on anything? Not being allowed of the ship is probably because the available staff are employed elsewhere today and the ship turning would complicate matters. If allowed off passengers would then demand to be allowed to go home causing more chaos. IMO best to just relax and take in the view.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

Britannias passengers are getting the bonus of a nice sail in to Southampton which normally takes place during the night so have they really missed out on anything? Not being allowed of the ship is probably because the available staff are employed elsewhere today and the ship turning would complicate matters. If allowed off passengers would then demand to be allowed to go home causing more chaos. IMO best to just relax and take in the view.

The time we were on Oriana when she went about 23:00 we watched the sail in from the Crow's Nest.  Very different seeing everything lit up and getting bigger rather than smaller.  Especially approaching and going round Bramble Bank and the final creep in to terminals.

• Like 1

We are on Britannia & currently enjoying a very pleasant sail up to Southampton. We have had a super cruise & honestly have no issues with arriving back early & spending the rest of the day & night on board whilst docked. We were advised of an early return by the captain a coue of days ago. I haven't heard anyone complaining!

• Like 9

We are on Britannia & currently enjoying a very pleasant sail up to Southampton. We have had a super cruise & honestly have no issues with arriving back early & spending the rest of the day & night on board whilst docked. We were advised of an early return by the captain a coue of days ago. I haven't heard anyone complaining!

7 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

I don't get it... 

Staying onboard with the same entertainment, food, service etc as if you were floating around waiting to come into port deserves your money back??? 

As for early disembarkation, you would need to drag me off... 

Andy 

This has only happened to me once but I must say that I felt cheated being alongside in the home port. It emphasised that the cruise was over. Of course, I love my sea days too...

• Like 2

They were gluing themselves to petrol tankers in Dover this morning.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Astrajet said:

I'm sure you will have a great time onboard tonight regardless of where the ship is .

My info tells me the crew are happy as they are permitted shore leave from tomorrow 

for the first time in a long while. :classic_love:

• Like 7

1 minute ago, kalos said:

I'm sure you will have a great time onboard tonight regardless of where the ship is .

My info tells me the crew are happy as they are permitted shore leave from tomorrow 

for the first time in a long while. :classic_love:

Mad stampede to Poundland and Primark, also Burger King 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, kalos said:

Indeed we will. It is a wonderful sail in with the sun beating down. 

I have to say that the Headliners & Pulse performances have been outstanding this trip as has the food, especially in the select restaurants. A great cruise. 

• Like 9

It has been a truly glorious sail up to Liverpool and back. We have been very fortunate with the weather. With spectacular sunsets. Although it was a treat to return in the daylight around the IOW, I would have preferred another day at sea.

Mostly it has been a great voyage, though some service in the MDR has been lacking - particularly when my vegetarian cruising companion was presented with an incorrect meal, and when we stated this, it was suggested they eat it (fish!). 😳

288708D6-D711-4DA3-8DB8-B191766B25AB.jpeg

4BD317AE-C89F-4053-AF8D-CE3D93F136F5.jpeg

• Like 6