Suite and Diamond Drinks

BHappy2Day

The COVID pause and all of the RCCL policy changes have returned me to newbie status, to some extent.  I think I used to know the answers to these questions, but my cruise world has been rocked.

I am cruising November 8 on Allure of the Seas in an Owner's Suite with 2 others.  I am Diamond on the customer loyalty ladder, but the others do not have loyalty points.

1.  When and where do we get free drinks for being suite guests?  Do we have to be in the suite lounge?  Can we order them with dinner in the MDR or specialty restaurants?  How many do we get per day?  What time of day can we order them?

2.  Same questions for Diamond:  When and where do I get free drinks for being a Diamond member?  .......and so on, same questions as for suites.

2 minutes ago, BHappy2Day said:

The COVID pause and all of the RCCL policy changes have returned me to newbie status, to some extent.  I think I used to know the answers to these questions, but my cruise world has been rocked.

I am cruising November 8 on Allure of the Seas in an Owner's Suite with 2 others.  I am Diamond on the customer loyalty ladder, but the others do not have loyalty points.

1.  When and where do we get free drinks for being suite guests?  Do we have to be in the suite lounge?  Can we order them with dinner in the MDR or specialty restaurants?  How many do we get per day?  What time of day can we order them?

2.  Same questions for Diamond:  When and where do I get free drinks for being a Diamond member?  .......and so on, same questions as for suites.

Not sure why covid changed you to a newbie but suite drinks are only available in the suite lounge.  They are unlimited.  Diamonds currently get 4 drinks on their sea pass card per day and can be used anywhere, at anytime, for drinks up to $13.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

I haven't been on Allure post-Covid, but was recently on Symphony in a Grand Suite.  I was disappointed that free suite drinks were only during Happy Hours, not from 11AM - 11 PM as they were pre-Covid on Allure.  

I wonder if it varies by ship or port?  Another CC member was just on the Oasis and his suite welcome letter indicated some bar service was available from 11 to 11.  So, he asked the Suite Concierge and beer, wine, soda, and water were free during those times.  The others during regular Happy Hour times.

2 minutes ago, jk04 said:

I wonder if it varies by ship or port?  Another CC member was just on the Oasis and his suite welcome letter indicated some bar service was available from 11 to 11.  So, he asked the Suite Concierge and beer, wine, soda, and water were free during those times.  The others during regular Happy Hour times.

We were on Oasis last week. Beer, wine, soda, water were available 11-11. Mixed drinks were served during happy hour only, I believe 5-8. 
Funny, only time we saw people in the Suite Lounge was from 5-8. 

Edited by RosieRoo
  • Haha 1

Just now, jk04 said:

It probably does vary from ship to ship. I told the Suite Concierge on Symphony that I was disappointed, I drink diet coke and liked getting it free all day in the Suite lounge. 

Other ship classes do not have the 11-11 beer, wine, soda that “some” Oasis class ships apparently offer in the Suite Lounge.  It would be a nice perk for Suite guests on all ships.  Of course, I’d also love for Coastal Kitchen be added to all ships, but I’m not holding my breath.

Edited by Hoppy2cruise
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hoppy2cruise said:

Other ship classes do not have the 11-11 beer, wine, soda that “some” Oasis class ships apparently offer in the Suite Lounge.  It would be a nice perk for Suite guests on all ships.  Of course, I’d also love for Coastal Kitchen be added to all ships, but I’m not holding my breath.

It is odd that some of the suite perks are only offered on the Oasis or Quantum class ships.  I understand that it might be difficult to retro-fit a Coastal Kitchen on a ship.  But, free wi-fi you would think could be accommodated.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jk04 said:

It is odd that some of the suite perks are only offered on the Oasis or Quantum class ships.  I understand that it might be difficult to retro-fit a Coastal Kitchen on a ship.  But, free wi-fi you would think could be accommodated.  

That is my big complaint with rccl, on Celebrity all ships have suite restaurant and a suite lounge with free drinks all day , MSc yacht club also way better perks.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, jk04 said:

This is why I never book more than a JS on the other ships. I can’t justify the extra expense for so little benefit. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mafig said:

I thought the suite lounge deducted from your Diamond coupons for any drink you ordered.

Or is this only the Diamond lounge that does this?💎

I was never charged for a drink (out of my 5 allotted drinks) in the Suite Lounge unless it was out of cocktail hours. 

Edited by RosieRoo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sandebeach said:

I haven't been on Allure post-Covid, but was recently on Symphony in a Grand Suite.  I was disappointed that free suite drinks were only during Happy Hours, not from 11AM - 11 PM as they were pre-Covid on Allure.  

Indeed a bummer.  Loved the comped wine and beer for lunch in CK.  But can't we now just use our vouchers in CK for lunch?  

2 hours ago, sandebeach said:

I had read that it was being stopped but then I read that someone in Corporate rescinded it and that beer wine and soda would still be served

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Indeed a bummer.  Loved the comped wine and beer for lunch in CK.  But can't we now just use our vouchers in CK for lunch?  

Yes, you can use your vouchers. I just hated using my vouchers for a can of diet coke! So I would tell them to charge me for the coke, do not use a voucher. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jk04 said:

I have gotten free wi-fi in a GS on Brilliance. 

mac_tlc

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jk04 said:

There should be a couple of drinks voucher for a suite to use anywhere.

The money you pay ,a couple of free drinks by the pool or in a show would be nice.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

There should be a couple of drinks voucher for a suite to use anywhere.

The money you pay ,a couple of free drinks by the pool or in a show would be nice.

Just give them 6 vouchers and let Pins back in SL😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1