Live and Happy from Eurodam October 6 to 30

Vict0riann

In Vancouver airport now, waiting for our flight to Victoria, 2 hours wait , then a 20 minute flight and then the drive home, I think I will be asleep 15 minutes later.

Our documents were checked in Barcelona, again before we boarded the flight from Munich to YVR, and again when we went through passport control.  All time-consuming, but as long as everyone has to do it, I am content!  The ArriveCan app was a success, although we had to show our vaccination QR codes and the paper copies of the COVID test results as well here.  Computers were down for the customs declarations.  

9 hours ago, T8NCruise said:

The sun has finally come out in Vancouver and Victoria, after a week of torrential rain.  It is a glorious day for your return!

We noticed how green the airport was, so figured you had a bit of rain.  We had gorgeous views of the mountains coming in, even Mt. Baker and Mt. Rainier.  And nearing Munich we flew over the Austrian Alps.  

D77205B5-0BF2-4988-A516-19AF1EA897B1.thumb.jpeg.4aa691843bc847ee21d8158d00eb4aca.jpeg

B01E7674-DD2F-4D6D-936F-A147555995D4.thumb.jpeg.09a9d08d48d131c4d0a612d00b2a94f1.jpeg

unfortunately, I had put my iPad in my purse and the flight attendant put it up in the bin for landing, as we were sitting at the bulkhead, so I couldn’t take any pictures of our mountains.

• Like 19

Almost home.  Sounds like good flights with no hassles.   Yes, I am sure you’ll be asleep very shortly after arrival at home.  You picked the best day to arrive with our weather.  

Thank you again so much for all your reporting and photos on the cruise we should have been on too!  

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, john2003 said:

You seem to have got back very quickly. Probably didn't seem like that to you!! Welcome home.

Thanks.  We got up at 6:30 this morning, Barcelona time.  We should be home around 9:30, Victoria time (5:30 am in Barcelona? ). So almost 24 hours up.  Although I did manage a snooze after our meal after Munich.

• Like 13

10 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

In Vancouver airport now, waiting for our flight to Victoria, 2 hours wait , then a 20 minute flight and then the drive home, I think I will be asleep 15 minutes later.

Our documents were checked in Barcelona, again before we boarded the flight from Munich to YVR, and again when we went through passport control.  All time-consuming, but as long as everyone has to do it, I am content!  The ArriveCan app was a success, although we had to show our vaccination QR codes and the paper copies of the COVID test results as well here

Sounds like it was a good thing there was time between your connections, Ann for all of the document checking. 😱 

Welcome home.  Hope you and Pat sleep in very late today 🤞 

Thank you again for taking us along and sharing your cruise with us ♥️ 

• Like 7

I was up early this morning,  and hungry, so I came out for my coffee and pecan pastries, and woe is me, they were not waiting for me!  I had to settle for some bran flakes.

We got home around 10 last night and Pat went to the computer for a bit, but I went straight to bed.  Our flight to Victoria was delayed for some time, and then Pat had some difficulty logging into the parking lot site to pay for our 26 days of parking. A nice lady came over and said there would be a person in the kiosk in the lot and he could just pay there, so that was helpful.  I am stiff today, sitting on a plane for all those hours is not my best thing!

So we are home safe and sound.  Our "orders" are that we don't have to get tested or quarantine, just keep a list of anyone we are in close contact  with and places we go for the next 2 weeks.   But we are planning to stay home for a week or so, and maybe get tested a week from Monday.  We're hoping to find a less expensive place for the tests than the travel clinic we went to before we left.   We'll also need our flu shots after that, and hopefully, a Pfizer booster.  Back to the real world!

It has been fun, keeping in touch with you all during our travels, and I could only wish you all had been there with us.  And I hope that cruising will be in all your near futures.  

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

32 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

I was up early this morning,  and hungry, so I came out for my coffee and pecan pastries, and woe is me, they were not waiting for me!  I had to settle for some bran flakes.

We got home around 10 last night and Pat went to the computer for a bit, but I went straight to bed.  Our flight to Victoria was delayed for some time, and then Pat had some difficulty logging into the parking lot site to pay for our 26 days of parking. A nice lady came over and said there would be a person in the kiosk in the lot and he could just pay there, so that was helpful.  I am stiff today, sitting on a plane for all those hours is not my best thing!

So we are home safe and sound.  Our "orders" are that we don't have to get tested or quarantine, just keep a list of anyone we are in close contact  with and places we go for the next 2 weeks.   But we are planning to stay home for a week or so, and maybe get tested a week from Monday.  We're hoping to find a less expensive place for the tests than the travel clinic we went to before we left.   We'll also need our flu shots after that, and hopefully, a Pfizer booster.  Back to the real world!

It has been fun, keeping in touch with you all during our travels, and I could only wish you all had been there with us.  And I hope that cruising will be in all your near futures.  

Hello Ann & Pat,

We are up early and even rested enough to catch an earlier flight home.  Bad news is our luggage was 'delayed' as not enough time between Barcelona and Munich-  I assume that you have your luggage, not sure why our luggage was so 'special' to get a separate flight back.  It 'may' arrive today, and then get flown to Powell River and then on the ferry home.  They 'promised' Monday or Tuesday.

Really enjoyed meeting you both and your updates and pictures on the cruise.  

Until next time we meet on the high seas,

Terry & John

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Brite Eyes said:

Hello Ann & Pat,

We are up early and even rested enough to catch an earlier flight home.  Bad news is our luggage was 'delayed' as not enough time between Barcelona and Munich-  I assume that you have your luggage, not sure why our luggage was so 'special' to get a separate flight back.  It 'may' arrive today, and then get flown to Powell River and then on the ferry home.  They 'promised' Monday or Tuesday.

Really enjoyed meeting you both and your updates and pictures on the cruise.  

Until next time we meet on the high seas,

Terry & John

Sorry we didn't get to have a proper goodbye as we were sent off in a different direction to get our connection in Vancouver.  That is weird that you didn't get your bags,  at least they don't have to be checked by Customs any more.   But it's kind of nice to have the delivered to your door - we have had that happen occasionally.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Cruising-along said:

Welcome home, Ann! It's hard to believe your cruise is over and you're home already. 

I enjoyed meeting you, and then following your thread after getting home myself 12 days ago.  Take it easy, it took me several days to get over that jet lag. 🙂  

Thank you, yes, it takes me a while after a trip for my head and my stomach to figure out what time it is!

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

Welcome home!  Thanks to you and all your fellow travelers who contributed to this thread. It was wonderful to read and see a bit of “normalcy” in this strange new world.

Thank you.  Even though the cruise was different, too, we were happy to just let go of our apprehensions and start to live again!

• Like 7

Glad to hear you got home safely Ann and Pat.

We had a great time with you during your first 12 day shift!

Reality bites deep and quickly on returning home. 

Did Tony and Martha stay onboard or did they also return home?

In a way you were unlucky that you disembarked on Saturday and not today (Sunday) as European time went back by one hour on Sunday morning.  You would have had an extra hours sleep onboard.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Glad to hear you got home safely Ann and Pat.

We had a great time with you during your first 12 day shift!

Reality bites deep and quickly on returning home. 

Did Tony and Martha stay onboard or did they also return home?

In a way you were unlucky that you disembarked on Saturday and not today (Sunday) as European time went back by one hour on Sunday morning.  You would have had an extra hours sleep onboard.

Thank you Colin, and I could have done with that extra hour's sleep!  We really enjoyed meeting you and Ellen, too.

Tony and Martha flew with us as far as Munich, then they took their flight to Toronto.  They were going to stay overnight at a hotel in Toronto and return home today.

• Like 6

Welcome home!  You should be able to get your flu shot now.  We got ours last week :)  Booster in January, for sure.

I am gong to miss your posts a lot!  Always fun to read, informative.  Thanks for taking so much time out of your cruise to keep us all entertained and informed.  It was like being there!

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, SilvertoGold said:

Welcome home!  You should be able to get your flu shot now.  We got ours last week 🙂 Booster in January, for sure.

I am gong to miss your posts a lot!  Always fun to read, informative.  Thanks for taking so much time out of your cruise to keep us all entertained and informed.  It was like being there!

Thank you, StoG!  I was hoping we'd be able to get our boosters in late November/December.  Is there a list out somewhere for them?  I'll have a look on the BC CDC site.

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Thank you, StoG!  I was hoping we'd be able to get our boosters in late November/December.  Is there a list out somewhere for them?  I'll have a look on the BC CDC site.

As noted in post above.

As I understand it:  Immuno-compromised, health workers, those in care homes and over 70s:  November or December start.  You will be contacted to make an appointment.   They are talking about 6 months from your 2nd shot, though.

Flu shots are available widely right now.

Enjoy those bran flakes :)

Edited by SilvertoGold
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Welcome home Ann.

Take it easy, relax and rest.  Those transatlantic flight (not to mention all the “checking) can be very tiresome.

So glad you are there safely.  I feel for you with no pecan pastries 😔 

Your LIVE thread was the best - heck I am nearly scared to do one now 😂 

Congrats to you and all who went to “live” and cruise again.  And so many thanks again for so many fantastic reports 🙂 

• Like 7