Captain Albert's Website

BSinPNS

I just clicked on Captain Albert's website (captainalbert dot com) and discovered it has expired and is parked courtesy of Go Daddy.  Does this mean he has retired and is no longer going to provide us those wonderful insights.  

I was looking at it only 2 days ago and it was functioning then.  Perhaps HAL has neglected to renew the domain or they are planning to integrate it somehow into their sites?  

He is such a great resource that I hesitate to think he would just abandon it, or HAL either.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 0bnxshs said:

I was looking at it only 2 days ago and it was functioning then.  Perhaps HAL has neglected to renew the domain or they are planning to integrate it somehow into their sites?  

He is such a great resource that I hesitate to think he would just abandon it, or HAL either.

Maybe his "one that cannot be denied" has said:  it's time to retire?

This has only happened in the last few days as I was browsing it during the week hoping for an update.

I am both surprised and disappointed that there have been no recent updates even concerning Rotterdam.  Capt Alberts 'blow by blow' descriptions of the readying of Nieuw Statendam for her premier cruise were interesting and enlightening.

• Like 1

It *could* be a situation where the site is changing website hosts and is in the process of populating, which can take a couple of days? It could be a name server issue? Does anyone else get different results if you put https:// in front of the url versus no prefix? (I do, without it says it’s expired/parked, with it says it can’t connect to the server). ICANN shows the domain is active, so I hope it’s back up soon.

Edited by syesmar

3 hours ago, ski ww said:

I just opened it but the last entry was 07 Nov 2018. Doesn't look like it's active.

Well that's odd.  I get his posts via email, and there was one a few weeks ago, with the launch of the new ship.  Will go searching....

My last emails from his blog were in October, and about the ships returning to service.  But it was evident they were not written by Captain Albert, but were more.like official announcements.  He didn't announce his retirement so I wonder why HAL suddenly shut him down.

I checked the comments on his last post and found the following that I used google translate to get to English. 

Good Morning,

It's a shame to hear that. I have equal problems. I can't go back to the ships either because my USA visa can't be renewed, the Ambassade is not yet open. Hopefully next year it will be better.

Kind regards

Captain Albert

• Thanks 3

On 10/25/2021 at 8:25 PM, SharonN said:

I checked the comments on his last post and found the following that I used google translate to get to English. 

Good Morning,

It's a shame to hear that. I have equal problems. I can't go back to the ships either because my USA visa can't be renewed, the Ambassade is not yet open. Hopefully next year it will be better.

Kind regards

Captain Albert

Thank you.  The last time I looked he hadn’t updated his Captains of the Present.  I was worried, I’m glad he’s ok.

10 hours ago, Himself said:

I  got a post from him yesterday describing some pf the 1artwork on the Rotterdam 7.

I received an interesting e-mail from him about the same subject.  More HAL untraditional art on Rotterdam VII is to be expected.  Just as I witnessed on Nieuw Statendam.  The Zoology art in the aft stairways of the ship intrigue me.  There was one shown that I liked.  But the "Harp" Atrium sculpture that is the most expensive piece of art on the ship?  I don't get it.  Maybe seeing it in person will change my mind.  

The Zaandam's decor was/is a music decor.  I "got that".  I liked that.  It was relevant to me.  This "music decor theme" of the Pinnacle Class ships:  I don't understand (nor really appreciate) such "art".