Price drop this morning!

RhondaC

Price drops and additional OBC are great!  We scored a small drop and some OBC for an upcoming cruise as well.  That being said, I did have to call twice to get it done.

I had test booked the same cruise and noted the drop and OBC.  But when I called in, I was put on hold several times and ultimately was told the price was not lower and there was no additional OBC.  I was told this while I was looking at the deal online. 

Not wanting to argue, I called back in later and the person I spoke to saw the deals and happily repriced it for me.  Bottom line, if you call and are told there is no deal, try again.    😉  

• Like 4

When I booked my cruise on 10/05/21 for sail date of 1/29/2022 I didn’t think I would get a good rate. I got a Central Park balcony on Symphony of the seas for 2 people for 1897.00 after taxes, prepaid tips and insurance.

Well my rate dropped by $114.00 

And I called C&A and Claudia was so nice to me. I was nervous because I have never repriced before (last cruise was 17 years ago for my daughter and I). I so happy since I really could use that money.

• Like 4

On 10/30/2021 at 7:58 AM, RhondaC said:

Our TA was able to get us a $90 OBC on our upcoming Freedom cruise! 😀

Thanks for the reminder!  It looks like our Odyssey March cruise has one-I just notified my TA and hopefully can save a few bucks!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, paross4 said:

Price drops and additional OBC are great!  We scored a small drop and some OBC for an upcoming cruise as well.  That being said, I did have to call twice to get it done.

I had test booked the same cruise and noted the drop and OBC.  But when I called in, I was put on hold several times and ultimately was told the price was not lower and there was no additional OBC.  I was told this while I was looking at the deal online. 

Not wanting to argue, I called back in later and the person I spoke to saw the deals and happily repriced it for me.  Bottom line, if you call and are told there is no deal, try again.    😉  

I am dealing with the same exact thing. Have been on this call for almost an hour. came back and said no price drop. I am looking at the "fake" booking I did to the check the price, told him what we paid, and what my fake booking shows so how can it not be cheaper. I have had dead air for awhile, not sure what is going on. 

11 minutes ago, PugM0m said:

I am dealing with the same exact thing. Have been on this call for almost an hour. came back and said no price drop. I am looking at the "fake" booking I did to the check the price, told him what we paid, and what my fake booking shows so how can it not be cheaper. I have had dead air for awhile, not sure what is going on. 

I am an idiot 🙂 I called C & A to see if they could help me, and while he was talking and checking things, I realized, the rep I thought was wrong was right, because we prepaid gratuities. and was going by the total with the gratuities, Boy do I feel stupid. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PugM0m said:

I am an idiot 🙂 I called C & A to see if they could help me, and while he was talking and checking things, I realized, the rep I thought was wrong was right, because we prepaid gratuities. and was going by the total with the gratuities, Boy do I feel stupid. 

I do the same thing with my $58 charge for insurance. I always forget to add it when I’m comparing. 

6 minutes ago, xcell said:

Since final payment is due 30 days before you cruise, does that mean we can do price adjustments until then?

You can do price adjustments for refund up to final payment due date and adjustments for OBC up to sailing date.  The 2nd part was added under CWC.

This applies to US and, I assume, Canada.  I don't know how price adjustments work elsewhere.

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 1

The suite i booked on Allure doubled in price . 

I thought there may have been an error on the site but it went through ok when i called in to book with RCCL.

I dont think i will be getting any price drops but i am ok with that.🙂

On 10/31/2021 at 1:47 AM, Ashland said:

Watching for lower pricing and repricing is and has always been a thing....at least from my personal experience with RCI & Celebrity.

And Princess.

After the final payment, if there was a significant price drop, I also asked and received free upgrades from inside to balcony (on Princess).

On 10/30/2021 at 6:06 PM, Itchy&Scratchy said:

wow, that's a huge drop! Amazing! 

While the prices have dropped a bit on our Nov 21 sailing, they are nowhere near the price we got to L&S from 2020.

Same here... I get bummed when I don't get a price drop like everyone else, and then I realize it's because I was ALREADY saving WAY more money than them in the first place!

• Like 1

I booked the cruise myself so I am curious as to how you check for price drops if your room type is all booked up. We booked an aft balcony room. By going to the website, it shows those are all booked up. Can I still call them and ask them to check on their end?

1 hour ago, Dickuk said:

Just noticed our cruise dropped this morning and called up but was told the price promise only applies to cruises departing upto 30 April 2022 😞 So we aren't covered.

I asked about this from Royal just yesterday. I am from Finland and wanted to know if I were to book a cruise departing after Cruise with Confidence program ends (April 30), would I be able to reprice if prices go down. I was told I can, but with a 30 euro change fee per person. So if the price dropped over 60 euros, I should call them and reprice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shiraus82 said:

I was told I can, but with a 30 euro change fee per person. So if the price dropped over 60 euros, I should call them and reprice.

That would be something new as usually in that market there were no price drops pre-COVID.

I called RCCL this morning after seeing an amazing price reduction on a May-2022 Alaska cruise.

I got the new price then noticed the website was showing the price increased by a LOT.

Maybe I got the benefit of a computer glitch. Dunno.

YMMV

Edited by STEVE-O
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, cyrus360 said:

I booked the cruise myself so I am curious as to how you check for price drops if your room type is all booked up. We booked an aft balcony room. By going to the website, it shows those are all booked up. Can I still call them and ask them to check on their end?

Yes you have to call them to check