70% Capacity?

Reenie75

46 minutes ago, Reenie75 said:

Hi, we are doing a B2B but with a different cruise. Our first cruise we've been informed only 70% is being booked due to restrictions. Is this happening with Carnival. 

Sailing on Sunrise March 12th Miami 

According to John Heald the Mardi Gras just sailed at 85%

• Like 4

2 hours ago, groundloop said:

The last thing I heard was that protocols were set through the end of February, beyond that is just a guess.

I doubt by March 12th - that is Canada's March break... we Canadians all flock to the warm weather and Florida is the main place 😆

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Reenie75 said:

Wow... did you hear of any upgrades or any option to bid for upgrades 

They don't offer bidding for upgrades. You can request an upgrade and pay the difference. They do offer to upsell for a price. The upsell fairy is almost mythical, seldom seen of late. The upsell offer price may or may not be a good deal.

38 minutes ago, mondello said:

They don't offer bidding for upgrades. You can request an upgrade and pay the difference. They do offer to upsell for a price. The upsell fairy is almost mythical, seldom seen of late. The upsell offer price may or may not be a good deal.

TA’s and PVP’s know, and can do all that for you….  

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Silent Penguin said:

How do I find out the capacity limit for my sailing?  

For the most part this is hard to find... they don't want to give any implications that may impact stock trading. Best way to find out is to ask a reliable person once you are onboard. 

Generally speaking though, most sailings haven't gotten much higher than around 80%. Ones significantly lower are more than likely a demand thing. 

Remember capacity is stated as double occupancy. So 70% of double occupancy may only be around 45-55% of the total number of available berths. Most Carnival ships have around 120%-130% of double occupancy as their maximum capacity.

I believe Cruise Radio reported a few days ago that Carnival would be slowly increasing capacity in the months ahead, and that Mardi Gras was at 85%.

31 minutes ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

I think much of it will depend on the testing protocols as that seems to have a dramatic effect on the number of cruisers willing to book or how many they are willing to book.  Also, while Carnival has done a reasonably good job of lowering fares reasonably in advance, it seems most of the other lines are still waiting mostly till the last month or two to make adjustments, and even then they're no where near the lower rates of Carnival.

Protocols have a much bigger role than number of people.  The issue with the number of people is the space needed for clients wo get covid while on the cruise.   

18 hours ago, Reenie75 said:

Hi, we are doing a B2B but with a different cruise. Our first cruise we've been informed only 70% is being booked due to restrictions. Is this happening with Carnival. 

Sailing on Sunrise March 12th Miami 

just curious who informed you only 70% is being booked? carnival usually doesnt release that info ahead of time.

11 hours ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

Only if you are assuming they get full demand apart from isolated cabins.  The impression I get both on Carnival and even more with other lines is that they seem to have plenty of cabins that did not sell that could have.

You would be correct, testing and masks are taking their tolls.  My point was if demand grew.

• Like 1