Port Cancellations

esther e

I just booked this cruise yesterday! I probably wouldn’t have booked if I knew there would only be 3 ports for an 11 day cruise. Hope they do something to make up for it. …Or they can find another port. 

Edited by keifernny

37 minutes ago, Indykitten said:

Oh at least they added the overnight in Curacao but disappointing to miss Key West and Grand Cayman. I wonder when Grand Cayman will reopen. All I've heard so far is "early next year".

https://www.cruisehive.com/the-cayman-islands-plans-to-reopen-for-cruises-in-late-january-2022/53157

I would have liked the overnight in Aruba.  Disappointed to miss my key lime pie in Key West!!!  Will they give us OBC since we are out to ports do u think or upgrade our drink packages to premium? In all our cruising we have never lost 2 ports of call only one due to weather and not able to get into the harbor!  Oh well it is a cruise and warm !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, scag said:

Can't quite figure out if Tampa and KW are both in FL......why can we be "on shore" in Tampa, but not KW.??  They are connected by land (bridges).....

Key West has closed itself to cruise ships for some time now.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mjwaruba said:

Disappointed to miss my key lime pie in Key West!!! 

Key West voted to ban large cruise ships ( more than 1000 passengers)weeks ago.

I cannot understand how it is a surprise that you are not going.

5 hours ago, scag said:

Can't quite figure out if Tampa and KW are both in FL......why can we be "on shore" in Tampa, but not KW.??  They are connected by land (bridges).....

Because KW does not want large ships there anymore.

On 11/8/2021 at 1:27 PM, EatonDoolittle said:

Wow, that stinks, though not surprising.

I'm  on that same itin. on Constellation in Feb, I guess I'll expect the same.

Thanks for posting.

Note to self: Really load up that Kindle, that's a lot of sea days. 

@EatonDoolittle

Hi

Did you see these posts from someone on the Constellation now  (the 11/7/21 sailing:

My wish fulfilled!  Guessed that there would be a whole warehouse full of soft goods waiting for the Revolution that could be installed ... AND THEY ARE!  All new carpet, curtains, chairs, the works!  Ship interior looks great!

Same person a few days later:

Long and short of it, ship interior is in pristine shape.  New everything.  The new paint job scheduled for Cadiz didn't happen, but all of the touch-ups applied as usual, and exterior looks very good, too.

While we have new furniture, it seems we didn't get treated to the dreaded Kelly Hoppen version!  The furniture is actually comfortable and functional. 

Crew genuinely happy to be working with pax again.  Almost all have been aboard since September.  I asked about what they did for a 'soft opening' (restaurant term for sliding into a groove before the real deal), and each restaurant spent several days serving "the zebras" (um, something about stripes on shoulders, shhh...) to get the teams into a rhythm.  So most things already working very smoothly before we came aboard.

Eaton  the Constellation spent several days at Port Everglades and then arrived in Tampa a few days ahead of the 11/7 sailing to resume its cruise schedule.  Many roll call members were wondering why Connie stopped in FLL - was it picking up crew, inspection, loading provision, etc.????

I'm wondering how sprucing up Connie impacts the ever present rumors that she and the Infinity might be shifted to sister cruise line Pullmantur if it goes back into service, be sold outright or even scrapped????

BTW  - Personally I like the revised itinerary better.  I LOVE the at sea days.  Grand Cayman with the tender is a hassle and Key West - who cares.  It's all about the ship at this point in my cruise life.

Stay Safe.

Mary

P.S.   Are we ever going to be on the same cruise??

• Like 1