In Room delivery of food and drink ordered via Medallion App

Coffeeluvr05

Let me be clear, my post is not about room service specifically.  It is about items being ordered via the Medallion App that you could also order while out on deck from a bar (with the PBP) or one of the complimentary food venues (hot dogs, burgers, pizza, etc.), but being ordered from the comfort of your room for in-room delivery via the the app.

I have seen several comments in various threads in which people have mentioned that they have ordered coffee and cocktails through their PBP via the Medallion App and they had them delivered to their room for no charge.  I have recently checked the PBP terms and conditions and it looks like they must have removed the exclusion of in room delivery of PBP items.  I'm kind of amazed, yet so happy about this!  I just wonder how many people are using it and what their experience has been.   So it makes me wonder if other items not normally on the regular "room service" menu can be delivered to your room as well.

Please share your experiences and please stay on topic.  Thank you!

On our 10.15 Panama Canal cruise on the Emerald, we frequently (approaching daily) ordered snacks, desserts, face masks and other items shown on the ap. Included on the menu are also sandwiches, burgers and other hot food. 
Each of our orders were quickly delivered at no charge. 
we did not order drinks - either soft or alcohol. Food only. 
we found the app to be nothing short of perfect. 

• Like 4

I was on Majestic 10/30 and we ordered room service cocktails and food via the medallion app or stateroom TV daily. Since we both had the beverage package there was no added charge for beverages. We did place our orders separately so it didn’t look like one person was ordering 2 beverages ( which would result in being charged for the second drink). Our beverages were always delivered together and it was incredibly fast. 

overall ordering food and beverages via the app or TV worked very well for us.

• Like 1

Just got off the Ruby on Sunday.  Ordered drinks almost daily as well as coffee drinks to be delivered to our room.  Had food once—sandwiches and fruit.  Service was prompt and accurate.  

Loved the service!  It was great having drinks delivered to our balcony.  When I ordered a martini, it was delivered in a shaker and then poured in a chilled glass!  I also ordered two drinks at a time —one for me, one for the hubby.  Was never charged for drinks or food.

I did tip each delivery—$1 for the coffee drinks, $2 for alcohol.  Yes, I know I prepaid tips with the drink package but the service was great.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Shelly97060 said:

Our beverages were always delivered together and it was incredibly fast. 

Incredibly fast may be possible when the ship is sailing at 1/3 to 1/2 capacity.

We have yet to see what the delivery times will be when a ship is fully booked.

• Like 4

10/5 on the Regal I used the app to order a $7.75 Aperol Spritz. I was in my stateroom so they found me there with it just minutes later. I was charged a delivery fee. So it actually cost $9.15 plus 10% Spain VAT tax. I did not have a drinks package. I thought there would not be an additional fee to order food and drinks on the app.

4 hours ago, Kthynoll said:

10/5 on the Regal I used the app to order a $7.75 Aperol Spritz. I was in my stateroom so they found me there with it just minutes later. I was charged a delivery fee. So it actually cost $9.15 plus 10% Spain VAT tax. I did not have a drinks package. I thought there would not be an additional fee to order food and drinks on the app.

Location, location, location. If the ship was in what Spain considers their "area" (wherever that may be), you'll be charged that tax.

Don't know about the delivery fee. Maybe because you didn't have the bev pkg?

1 minute ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

It is my understanding that only full suite passengers can order the MDR menu for in-room dining.

Thank you for the reply-

That has always been the standard... just wondered if it had changed with the new COVID-19 policies.

7 hours ago, caribill said:

Incredibly fast may be possible when the ship is sailing at 1/3 to 1/2 capacity.

You are absolutely correct that fast delivery times now won’t be the same when ships are sailing full and as more people start using the app to order.  In fact when you order via the TV there is a footnote saying it could be up to 30 minutes for delivery. 

Edited by Shelly97060

On our Ruby cruise last week, we ordered room service from the app 3 times. Each time it was delivered very quickly, but the ship had few passengers. The best thing we found on the room service menu was the cheesecake from the Crown Grill. We had the free specialty dinner first night out and thought the Salted Caramel Brulee Cheesecake was fantastic. It cost us $5 each to get from room service but it was well worth it.

On 11/11/2021 at 8:55 AM, caribill said:

Always one who looks on the gloomy side

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/10/2021 at 5:30 PM, Bgwest said:

On our 10.15 Panama Canal cruise on the Emerald, we frequently (approaching daily) ordered snacks, desserts, face masks and other items shown on the ap. Included on the menu are also sandwiches, burgers and other hot food. 
Each of our orders were quickly delivered at no charge. 
we did not order drinks - either soft or alcohol. Food only. 
we found the app to be nothing short of perfect. 

Sounds wonderful. How many masks did they bring you and how are they packaged?

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser

15 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Sounds wonderful. How many masks did they bring you and how are they packaged?

Limit of 4 masks. Individually wrapped and sealed in paper. Took a couple minutes to deliver to cabin via the app.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/11/2021 at 9:14 AM, JF - retired RRT said:

Location, location, location. If the ship was in what Spain considers their "area" (wherever that may be), you'll be charged that tax.

Don't know about the delivery fee. Maybe because you didn't have the bev pkg?

Thanks for your response. We had been in La Coruna the day before and were now headed back to Southampton. Interesting, I'd have to google it, but I wonder when you are not in another country's "area" then? Maybe just a T.A.?

On 11/11/2021 at 9:21 AM, voljeep said:

7.75 plus 18% = 9.15

not a "delivery" fee, but charge for a beverage, without a beverage package ( which has the 18% 'fee' added already to the package cost

Thank you, that explains it. I don't usually drink because I take Bonine.