FIRST TIME DRINK PACKAGE...SOME QUESTIONS

suzyed

Just now, Ken the cruiser said:

I apologize if this question has already been answered earlier, but is there a maximum number of drinks? I believe on HAL it's 15 (purchasable) drinks a day.

Yes 15 per day.  After that you can buy more only at management’s ok. That is if they don’t think you are wasted

• Thanks 1

Just now, memoak said:

Yes 15 per day.  After that you can buy more only at management’s ok. That is if they don’t think you are wasted

Cool. Since I usually only have a beer in the afternoon, 2 glasses of wine at dinner and my triple Baileys while watching the evening show, that should leave plenty to purchase water bottles for either the cabin or going on an excursion. 

1 minute ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Cool. Since I usually only have a beer in the afternoon, 2 glasses of wine at dinner and my triple Baileys while watching the evening show, that should leave plenty to purchase water bottles for either the cabin or going on an excursion. 

The water is not included in your 15 only alcohol drinks. You can have all the water or soft drinks you want 

1 hour ago, memoak said:

They will probably count a 3 shot drink as 3 drinks etc.

Maybe, I've had the usual Princess variable experience with this.  Some waitstaff / bartenders seem to know how to do this, other will ring it in in such a way as to cause additional shots to be charged.  My advice is to make your expectations clear to the server, and, watch your bill the following day for potential overcharges.  My vice is a double Jamesons and as said, my experience with charging is variable.

3 minutes ago, jondfk said:

Maybe, I've had the usual Princess variable experience with this.  Some waitstaff / bartenders seem to know how to do this, other will ring it in in such a way as to cause additional shots to be charged.  My advice is to make your expectations clear to the server, and, watch your bill the following day for potential overcharges.  My vice is a double Jamesons and as said, my experience with charging is variable.

Do you think “overcharges” would show up on your account if you have the drink package and stay well within the 15 drink daily limit?

5 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Do you think “overcharges” would show up on your account if you have the drink package and stay well within the 15 drink daily limit?

Unfortunately, yes, the computer is fairly stupid.  The default rule seems to be, one drink (portion) per order, covered by the package.  Anything more than that is seen as the equivalent of you buying a drink for a someone else resulting in a charge.  Clever servers / bartenders seem to know how to navigate around this but that's not a given.  Now, I've never had a problem getting my second shot removed from the bill, but it is a bit of a hassle to have this done day after day. . . 

We tend to drink in the same lounges around the same times most days.  A favorite server emerges quickly, one that knows what you like and how to deliver it.  At least that's my experience.

5 minutes ago, jondfk said:

Unfortunately, yes, the computer is fairly stupid.  The default rule seems to be, one drink (portion) per order, covered by the package.  Anything more than that is seen as the equivalent of you buying a drink for a someone else resulting in a charge.  Clever servers / bartenders seem to know how to navigate around this but that's not a given.  Now, I've never had a problem getting my second shot removed from the bill, but it is a bit of a hassle to have this done day after day. . . 

We tend to drink in the same lounges around the same times most days.  A favorite server emerges quickly, one that knows what you like and how to deliver it.  At least that's my experience.

Thanks! I’ll definitely keep an eye on our account and try to go to the same lounge when picking up my triple Baileys on the way to the evening show! 😎

3 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I apologize if this question has already been answered earlier, but is there a maximum number of drinks? I believe on HAL it's 15 (purchasable) drinks a day.

Yes, it is 15 alcoholic drinks in a 24 hour period.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Several years ago while at the Ritz in Aruba the bartender made the most fantastic drink for what I consider by the pool............very refreshing. I asked for the receipe  If i bring it will they make it??

On 11/27/2021 at 11:54 AM, memoak said:

They will probably count a 3 shot drink as 3 drinks etc.

That sounds fair.

On 11/27/2021 at 1:34 PM, Ken the cruiser said:

Thanks! I’ll definitely keep an eye on our account and try to go to the same lounge when picking up my triple Baileys on the way to the evening show! 😎

That's what I was thinking provided they were working a shift at that time.😉

• Like 1

Coffee, specialty coffee, bottled water, "gun" soda" are all included and don't count against the 15 drink "limit". You are, however, limited to the smaller bottles. I often have a San Pellegrino as my last drink of the evening. (I prefer it to Perrier which is also included but, again, only in the smaller bottles.) As for alcoholic drinks: I often order a double Talisker (straight up please!) and have never had an issue.

On 11/27/2021 at 3:05 PM, springtx249 said:

Do they have Topo Chico and is that part of the drink package?

Negative.  I suppose it could be ship dependent, but San Pellegrino and Perrier are the choices.  Crystal Geyser (500 mL bottles only... 1 L are charged full price... also brand might be totally dependent on embarkation port where all the food gets loaded)

On 11/27/2021 at 3:22 PM, mtfasls said:

Are specialty coffees without alcohol included in the package, do they count toward the 15 max drinks?

No, regular, non-alcoholic, coffees do not.

They have Irish Coffee (reg coffee with a shot of Bailey's) that's about $8... It is included in the package, and I assume it's counted towards the 15 daily limit. 

Edited by Mike07