Mardi Gras / Live / Solo / Nov-27-Dec-04-2021...

sid_9169

@sid_9169... I am a bit surprised that you did not realize what this "hotel" was before you booked it.

Guess its just me after living in Florida for 40+ years.

There are lots of other options out there for you.  I would NOT rule out cruising out of Port Canaveral because of one unhappy hotel stay.

It's sort of like many other businesses that are raking in the $$$$ and just not updating or improving the facilities.  Example, the RV Resort we worked at this past summer took in excess of $1M from Jan-Sept alone a HUGE increase vs 2020.....but do you think they fix things right the first time, no they buy the cheapest going; nor do they appreciate their employees.  It's the society we live in today.

Plus, admit it, you are a city guy at heart and your heart belongs to Miami.  Tomorrow you will forget all about this, just like you forgot about all the drama pre embarkation of Scarlet Lady cruise.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Just above the whirlpool there's a huge possum on the rocks... They're basically a giant rat, most often seen squished in the middle of the road... Yes, I was that close to him... 

PXL_20211126_230412346.thumb.jpg.ff5811ab309aa08e3bb983b4b362b97d.jpg

PXL_20211126_230417232.jpg

First off, possums are awesomes!!  They eat all kinds of insects and are quite docile...kinda like that bar fly who's had one too many chocolatini's at the Alchemy...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Roscoe13 said:

First off, possums are awesomes!!  They eat all kinds of insects and are quite docile...kinda like that bar fly who's had one too many chocolatini's at the Alchemy...

😆 I don’t like random insects but I’m not friending a possum to take care of them nor the Alchemy crazies. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Roscoe13 said:

They are HUGE and terrifying! Not afraid of humans!!!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, gotscrapz said:

They are HUGE and terrifying! Not afraid of humans!!!

Huge?  I've never had one puncture my tire yet.  But Sid's dealing with Florida possums not west coast possums.  It could have arrived here by a raft of tires from COO BA and now that it's feet are dry, home free.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/25/2021 at 3:31 PM, sid_9169 said:

Well, I guess that I’m going to have to get to this next part sooner or later, so let’s just “rip it off like a Band-Aid (™)”... After much consideration, I’ve decided to “retire” from doing the Live Reviews… Maybe not forever, but for the immediate future until who knows when… I’ve had a GREAT TIME doing these “reviews”, and I LOVE the back and forth of it all, but something I forgot to do all of these sailings was to BE ON VACATION… All of this “stuff” is a lot of work… It’s been a “labor of love” for so long, but at the same time, I’m spending all this money to go on vacation, then “working” from beginning to end. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE THE WORK, but I also need to decompress and try to enjoy things in the moment, rather than trying to document and dissect every single dish or beverage… This decision wasn’t something that occurred all of the sudden, it’s been building up for awhile. There’s a better possibility than not that I’ll give it another go someday, but I need to work on some things “at home” for now… Hopefully, y'all will understand… And, with that, we can return to our regularly scheduled programming……...

Good for you! Enjoy your vacation and we’ll read all about it when you have time.

I found myself in that place with my photography on vacation and in life with the kids. So now I don’t have the perfect photo, and sometimes no photo - and as a scrapbooker and mom sometimes that’s hard. But I am in the moment and more relaxed. 
I do this moments of the month photo journal and when I don’t have a photo I wrote about the memory. (I still do the traditional detailed scrapbooks also when I have a lot of photos and memorabilia).

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Roscoe13 said:

Huge?  I've never had one puncture my tire yet.  But Sid's dealing with Florida possums not west coast possums.  It could have arrived here by a raft of tires from COO BA and now that it's feet are dry, home free.

When I lived in SoCal near a wash they would come out at night and were huge and mean! And not afraid if us!

Some bigger than small dogs for sure!

Edited by gotscrapz
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, gotscrapz said:

Good for you! Enjoy your vacation and we’ll read all about it when you have time.

I found myself in that place with my photography on vacation and in life with the kids. So now I don’t have the perfect photo, and sometimes no photo - and as a scrapbooker and mom sometimes that’s hard. But I am in the moment and more relaxed. 
I do this moments of the month photo journal and when I don’t have a photo I wrote about the memory. (I still do the traditional detailed scrapbooks also when I have a lot of photos and memorabilia).

Now I see where gotscrapz comes from. I was thinking food.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4