Mardi Gras / Live / Solo / Nov-27-Dec-04-2021...

sid_9169

I remember my very first cruise back in 2010 on a small Fantasy class ship out of Jacksonville Florida... It was a "family cruise" for Thanksgiving... Me, my mom and her husband, and my sister and her son. I had my own cabin, so I was pretty much on my own for the most part... Upon boarding, the ship seemed like a whole nother World. Strange and out of my comfort zone, but over the course of the next five days I didn't want it to end... The food, the drinks, the relaxation factor... It was so far away from my worries back home. The rent, the bills, my job? Nonexistent out there in the wild blue yonder. Nothing but day drinking and an occasional trip to the pizza bar... It would be almost four more years, in 2014 that I took my first "solo" cruise on the Carnival Glory out of Miami, and the saga continued from there. I was addicted, and there was no going back. This cruise will mark number 21, which will hopefully prove to be a "Lucky" one...

• Like 13

Made it to the gate with plenty of time to spare, but cutting it closer than I usually do... The TSA pre check line is almost as long as the regular line now, but at least I didn't have to walk in the filthy airport floor with my shoes off... Speaking of shoes... I decided to go a little bit more conservative than the bright red ones.

PXL_20211126_140534394.jpg

• Like 17

@sid_9169 Enjoy your cruise, I'll be following along... oh and I'm compiling your list of posters for you, this time in order of appearance! Just to take one task off your plate when you get home!

Oh and by the way, you're up to 48 people having posted here already!

Edited by Shaded Lady
  • Like 7