Black Friday Sale on CCL Stock

DirtyDawg

15 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

CCL's stock is down about 13% this morning. 

Is it enough of a discount yet? Hmmmmm. 🤔 

Looks like most travel related stocks are down quite a bit including cruise lines, airlines, and ride share companies.  The entire market is down too but not quite as much.  If you think inflation will get fixed soon it could be a good buy but I don’t see that happening soon. 

6 minutes ago, mystik said:

i was wondering if you have 100 shares and decide to buy 100 more does it double your obc in your stateroom. Example 14 days 250 obc for 100 shares but if you have 200shares is it 500obc. thanks.

No. It's the same obc, whether you own 100 shares, or 1,000. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sfaaa said:

New COVID virus worry strikes again. Time to hoard more toilet papers and load up on Procter & Gamble stock.

To be clear, a new highly- mutated strain. No one knows yet if existing vaccines and treatments will be effective against it.

3 hours ago, Babr said:

To be clear, a new highly- mutated strain. No one knows yet if existing vaccines and treatments will be effective against it.

They do know people who have been vaccinated have contracted it. Last I looked, no Greek letter had been assigned yet.

22 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Maybe those no longer getting OBC  (and dividends) are selling off their shares.

The stock market works like a grocery store sale. When the price of toilet paper goes down,  As in a sale, we don't stop buying toilet paper we buy more toilet paper

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, HillBilly Bob said:

The stock market works like a grocery store sale. When the price of toilet paper goes down,  As in a sale, we don't stop buying toilet paper we buy more toilet paper

Nice equivalent, comparing toilet paper and Carnival stock. Though one could say one is a necessity while the other is approaching being worthless (unless you want to use it as toilet paper.)🤣

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Nice equivalent, comparing toilet paper and Carnival stock. Though one could say one is a necessity while the other is approaching being worthless (unless you want to use it as toilet paper.)🤣

As we don't have stock certificates any more and I use my smartphone to check my stock holdings your suggestion could be very painful. 📱🚽🤯

17 hours ago, canes20 said:

Had a limit order a couple of months ago set at $18 to buy more stock but ended up cancelling it. Have one set at $17  now but not sure if should keep it or wait and see if looks like going lower.

I had a limit order at 18 also and forgot about it.  Needless to say I picked up a couple hundred more shares Friday. 😄

• Haha 2