Will Celebriy change testing to 1 day pre-cruise?

Jim_Iain

9 minutes ago, dleahy4444 said:

Would you be able to share that list? I’m from NY so I’m not familiar with testing options in FLL where our January cruise is departing from. Thanks

You probably want to track the sticky post at the top of the forum 

Edited by wrk2cruise

48 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

See my comment above. The airline pax who test positive don’t get to board their flights, while the cruise pax are already on the ship. So what would happen to the covid positive when the ship docks the next day in the U.S.? 

On both Celebrity and Royal (departures through April 30, 2022)* special  CoVid policies apply.  Whether Quarantine in hotel, or special air transportation to home, is dependent on country and arrival port.  

” If you test positive for COVID-19 during the cruise, Celebrity Cruises will cover the cost of COVID-19 related medical treatment onboard, any required land-based quarantine, and homebound travel for you and your Traveling Party. “ 

At least Celebrity and Royal will pay for the next 5 months.   Not all cruise lines provide this assistance. I read a review of this happening on Carnival, when children were tested the last day before arrival and had a positive test. The impacted family was only given a list of Galveston quarantine hotels, no transportation to hotel, and family had to pay all expenses of quarantine, and their flight change fees. 

* Guess starting May 1, 2022 Celebrity and Royal cruisers will need to rely on travel insurance to cover any post-cruise quarantine expenses  if they test positive on a cruise. 

Edited by BSocial
Added
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, BSocial said:

On both Celebrity and Royal (departures through April 30, 2022)* special  CoVid policies apply.  Whether Quarantine in hotel, or special air transportation to home, is dependent on country and arrival port.  

” If you test positive for COVID-19 during the cruise, Celebrity Cruises will cover the cost of COVID-19 related medical treatment onboard, any required land-based quarantine, and homebound travel for you and your Traveling Party. “ 

At least Celebrity and Royal will pay for the next 5 months.   Not all cruise lines provide this assistance. I read a review of this happening on Carnival, when children were tested the last day before arrival and had a positive test. The impacted family was only given a list of Galveston quarantine hotels, no transportation to hotel, and family had to pay all expenses of quarantine, and their flight change fees. 

* Guess starting May 1, 2022 Celebrity and Royal cruisers will need to rely on travel insurance to cover any post-cruise quarantine expenses  if they test positive on a cruise. 

* Guess starting May 1, 2022 Celebrity and Royal cruisers will need to rely on travel insurance to cover any post-cruise quarantine expenses  if they test positive on a cruise.   Do you feel that this is unreasonable?  I do not.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, paulh84 said:

Haven't Carnival and NCL both abandoned this approach since it's proving to be unfeasible? Especially with increasing passenger numbers. 

I just wouldn’t be surprised if it came back with others adopting that approach too, at least as. Paid option 

2 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

Cruise passengers could be impacted here if they are coming off of an international cruise and heading straight to the airport from debark to fly home to the United States. Now I know that cruise lines have been doing testing towards the end of cruises (is that still happening?), but have they been doing it one day prior to debark? For those flying back to the States they will have to now. 

It seems strange to require passengers on flights back to the U.S. to have this 1 day requirement but not passengers on cruise ships returning to the U.S.

Celebrity is currently providing test to passengers requiring one to fly home. In the majority of cases, they have been administered on the last full day of the cruise. For one sailing, the tests were held over 2 days, but passengers requiring the test provided their flight arrangements. As Canada still requires the test to be conducted within 72 hours of their scheduled flight, they could be accommodated on either day. If there was someone flying to a country where there was a one day window, they presumably had their test scheduled for the last day.

With a full ship and a lot of American passengers, Celebrity will have a hard time accommodating them all following a non-US cruise. Staying a day or two post-cruise to get a test in the port following disembarkation may become part of the new normal if this one-day window remains in effect.

So ... maybe the cruise lines have been doing so well with their current COVID protocols outlined in the CSO, which has been extended to Jan 15, the CDC's current 2 day pre-testing requirement associated with US ports will remain in effect without adding a follow-on antigen test being required when disembarking, other than what's currently required of passengers flying back to their home countries. However, that may not be the case for US citizens cruising abroad and flying back to the US after the cruise. One can hope anyway ... 🤞🤞

Side note: Their stocks sure seemed happy to hear they were not mentioned in the guidelines released today.

46 minutes ago, weregoingcruising said:

Where is the expiration date on the test ordered from Celebrity? I see ref# and lot # that's all .

On my package there is an hour glass between the ref# and lot#.   That is the expiration date.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

I would think it is a good chance that they will.... to be in sync with national policy in order to not go afoul if something breaks out...

In health and bon voyage

I hope not, the cost of a rapid PCR test in Canada is $350. If I have to do this again in the states it is going to add $1500 to my cruise. I did not mind doing another antigen test in the States, but a rapid pcr is my limit. I will just cancel my cruise.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LGW59 said:

* Guess starting May 1, 2022 Celebrity and Royal cruisers will need to rely on travel insurance to cover any post-cruise quarantine expenses  if they test positive on a cruise.   Do you feel that this is unreasonable?  I do not.

Personally,  I always insure my trips.  I agree with you. 

Can someone help please

we fly from Manchester Uk to Heathrow on Feb 17 then to Miami 

the next day our cruise sails on 21 Feb 

how do we get a test to cruise, we are vaccinated and have had our booster jab 

apppreciate any help it is getting so stupid to be able to travel

57 minutes ago, swigso said:

Can someone help please

we fly from Manchester Uk to Heathrow on Feb 17 then to Miami 

the next day our cruise sails on 21 Feb 

how do we get a test to cruise, we are vaccinated and have had our booster jab 

apppreciate any help it is getting so stupid to be able to travel

Both CVS and Walgreens let you schedule a test online with results within 24 hours (I’ve gotten the results in an hour).  Currently you can book CVS 2 weeks in advance, Walgreens 1 week.  Lots of locations in Miami.  I believe MIA also offers testing.  I hope this helps 

There is also a sticky thread at the top of the forum with lots of information on places to be tested in FLL and I would suspect Miami.     I think CVS charges $139 for the rapid antigen test if not paid by insurance.   I doubt a non US citizen is going to qualify for free testing in the US.   I believe some of the walk up clinics are around $99.

Edit:

I was on the Celebrity site under Country Travel requirements and saw this new information for international guests.

International Guests Only - Onsite Cruise Port Testing (Limited Availability) For international guests who are unable to arrange testing via the options above, a limited amount of on-site testing appointments will be available at the cruise port. The cost for onsite testing starts at $99 per person. Advance registration is required. Please chose the appropriate link for your departure port below to complete your purchase and registration.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida         https://bioreference.force.com/cel

Miami, Florida                         https://gsign.me/xmw

Tampa, Florida                       https://gsign.me/yar

Edited by wrk2cruise

10 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Jim, I'm confused. Biden isn't supposed to give his briefing until this afternoon. Would it be possible to post a link where it says testing will be required both 1 day before AND after.

Ahead of President Biden’s visit to the National Institutes of Health this afternoon, White House Covid-19 response coordinator Jeff Zients said that the measures in Biden’s winter Covid-19 strategy “will all help accelerate our path out of the pandemic and protect Americans.”

See White House official comment -

Live updates: Omicron Covid-19 variant puts world on edge (cnn.com)

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/biden-to-toughen-testing-for-international-travelers-to-slow-omicron-11638439201

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

If cruise guests had to have a negative covid test the day before the ship returns to the U.S., what would happen with someone who tested positive? The cruise ship is going to dock in the U.S. the next day and then leave that afternoon on the next cruise. 

Airline pax who test positive aren’t allowed to board their flight to the U.S.   I don’t see how a testing requirement could be implemented for cruise ship pax  without a quarantine program at the cruise ports. Hard to see that happening. 

I think they would do the same as they do now.   B2B's are tested the day before arrival and there have been some positive cases.   They take the passenger off the ship in a space type outfit and take them to a medical facility.

7 minutes ago, Dwight1 said:

The new Biden policy affects INCOMING International  air arrivals, nothing to do with outbound US departures like cruises. In his news conference Biden specifically said it did not apply to testing on ground arrivals from Mexico and Canada. I think therefore we can infer safely, cruisers on embarkation do not need testing.

'Yes, I agree with you but what about after you complete your Caribbean cruise and come back to the USA ?  Is a US citizen required to have a negative Covid test prior to flying domestically when you have just come from the Caribbean by cruise?

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

'Yes, I agree with you but what about after you complete your Caribbean cruise and come back to the USA ?  Is a US citizen required to have a negative Covid test prior to flying domestically when you have just come from the Caribbean by cruise?

No. It is a domestic flight.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

3 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

I hope you are right.  It is clear as mud to me.

Here’s an article from CNN.

The new rules will require each traveler flying into the US from another country to test negative one day before their departure, changing rules that had allowed inbound travelers to test up to three days before entering the country. The new rule from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will take effect at 12:01 a.m. ET on Monday.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/02/politics/testing-requirement-international-travel-us/index.html

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Thanks 1