Shareholders Benefit

GeorgesGal

I hope I'm not too late to apply for this benefit since I'm sailing on Riviera on the 14th of next month.  AND now I can't find the copy I had printed months ago of the form needed to submit along with my brokerage statement in order to qualify.  I just sent an email to the Investors link on O's site requesting one, and hoping they will email it to me in their response.

Any thoughts as to if I'm, in fact, too late to apply?  

Donna

I have no stock in this, 😆 and I have no idea if you're too late, but if I wanted to have a copy of the form to send in I would maybe search this forum for this discussion in the past and see if anyone posted a link to it.  And just like that, 

https://d1io3yog0oux5.cloudfront.net/nclhltd/files/documents/Shareholder+Benefit+Request+Form.pdf

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, GeorgesGal said:

I hope I'm not too late to apply for this benefit since I'm sailing on Riviera on the 14th of next month.  AND now I can't find the copy I had printed months ago of the form needed to submit along with my brokerage statement in order to qualify.  I just sent an email to the Investors link on O's site requesting one, and hoping they will email it to me in their response.

Any thoughts as to if I'm, in fact, too late to apply?  

Donna

You're not too late.   I'd suggest you do everything by email. Our response was quick. 

GeorgesGal:

You are not too late to apply for your Shareholders benefit.  You can apply up to 15 days before sailing.

Click on Oceania's main web page.  Scroll to the bottom of the page to "Company Information".   Click on "Investors".   Scroll to the bottom of that page and you will see "Benefit Offer" which describes everything about this program.  Beneath it is "Shareholders Benefit Form" you which you can print.

Hope this is helpful.

Have a great cruise and Happy Holidays!

On 12/14/2021 at 3:53 PM, ORV said:

I have no stock in this, 😆 and I have no idea if you're too late, but if I wanted to have a copy of the form to send in I would maybe search this forum for this discussion in the past and see if anyone posted a link to it.  And just like that, 

https://d1io3yog0oux5.cloudfront.net/nclhltd/files/documents/Shareholder+Benefit+Request+Form.pdf

Orv,  Thank you so much for this!  With all the years I've been on Cruise Critic one would think I'd know the drill!!!  Printed it immediately, filled it out and put it in the mail with my statement which I had printed previously.  Here's hoping my postman hasn't been here yet.

Dear Fellow Cruisers:

I recently purchased 100 shares of NCLH and filed the shareholder credit form plus supporting material to the Shareholder Benefit Department.  I wish to purchase a number of shore excursions for our   October 2022 17 day+ cruise and use the $250 credit to cover some of the costs.  When I checked on the status today, I was told by the Oceania Rep that the credit is only available for on ship expenses and cannot be used for pre booked shore excursions.  Is this correct or an uninformed Oceania Rep providing incorrect information?

Thank you

1 hour ago, Cape Hernlopen said:

Dear Fellow Cruisers:

I recently purchased 100 shares of NCLH and filed the shareholder credit form plus supporting material to the Shareholder Benefit Department.  I wish to purchase a number of shore excursions for our   October 2022 17 day+ cruise and use the $250 credit to cover some of the costs.  When I checked on the status today, I was told by the Oceania Rep that the credit is only available for on ship expenses and cannot be used for pre booked shore excursions.  Is this correct or an uninformed Oceania Rep providing incorrect information?

Thank you

I used mine for pre booked excursions without any problems.

1 hour ago, ChadnKate said:

They are very quick at this. It's not the best investment but if you cruise at least annually the OBC makes for a reasonable ROI

Not a good ROI if one buys at north of $30 and sells at current hovering around 20.  Even including the $250, it is not a sound investment strategy.  But if one buys the stock for investment reasons, that is a different story.  But to get a quick 250, one could get burned - and very badly at that.

3 hours ago, Homerody said:

Not a good ROI if one buys at north of $30 and sells at current hovering around 20.  Even including the $250, it is not a sound investment strategy.  But if one buys the stock for investment reasons, that is a different story.  But to get a quick 250, one could get burned - and very badly at that.

And so much more risky for a mere $100 that I wouldn't touch it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Homerody said:

When you buy NCL or Carnival stock today at about $20 and it goes up to the $50 it used to be, and will be again, in a year or two, ROI is attractive. Shareholders benefit is only icing on the cake, especially if you cruise multiple times a year. Covid is not going to last forever.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

@mexicobob, Sure, I would agree with that, if you buy today at 20 it will may likely go up in the future.  But it may also test new lows along the way.  No guarantees either way.

As I am reminded that past performance is not a guarantee or prediction of future results.

But the buy and hold for a year or two strategy you suggest is more of an reasonable investment approach.  I am cautioning against speculatively investing so that I can eek out a measly couple of hundred bucks and counting on short term stock appreciation and hoping for a killing. 

A buy and hold is more of a strategy than I'm dropping 2000 bucks and we'll see what happens, but I'll make 250 along the way.   

In any event, I am not suggesting anyone do this or that, but I will not comment on investing any more and focus on question/comments about OBC and related process.

• Thanks 1

Actually we bought100 @ 50.00. So ROI on that is currently a disaster. The shareholder benefit is decent when we do 2 or 3 Oceania's a year. Bought 100 more at 17.00. Hope the blend will get back to even, with an upside potential. Meanwhile we have 3 Oceania's we will be getting shareholder benefit on.  Of course we spend the OBC OB (on board...). !

Dear Fellow Cruisers:

I am the member who proposed the original shareholder benefit question (no one has responded adequately to the question).  I appreciate the financial advice.  I am an economist and purchased the 100 shares at $18 per share ($1,800 investment).  I am on a 17 day cruise and will receive a $250 credit for this cruise.  This equates to an annualized return of 13.9%.  The return for my eight month investment is 20.7%. Can anyone suggest a secure 13.9% return? Further, I except to use the benefit on many future cruises.  Whether a stock price increases or decreases you only record a gain or loss at sale.  The (daily) maturations only matter when you sell.

Joel Barry

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cape Hernlopen said:

Dear Fellow Cruisers:

I am the member who proposed the original shareholder benefit question (no one has responded adequately to the question).  I appreciate the financial advice.  I am an economist and purchased the 100 shares at $18 per share ($1,800 investment).  I am on a 17 day cruise and will receive a $250 credit for this cruise.  This equates to an annualized return of 13.9%.  The return for my eight month investment is 20.7%. Can anyone suggest a secure 13.9% return? Further, I except to use the benefit on many future cruises.  Whether a stock price increases or decreases you only record a gain or loss at sale.  The (daily) maturations only matter when you sell.

Joel Barry

Joel,

Thanks I came to the same conclusion as you.  Too many are focused on trading not holding.  To answer your question yes they can be applied to shore excursions.  Not sure you can apply online.  May have to call to book.  I know because 2 days ago when I called to upgrade my room and add a shorex they applied this credit.

On 12/21/2021 at 3:59 PM, Homerody said:

I used mine for pre booked excursions without any problems.

17 minutes ago, Cape Hernlopen said:

Dear Fellow Cruisers:

I am the member who proposed the original shareholder benefit question (no one has responded adequately to the question). 

I actually believe Homerody adequately responded to you on Tuesday. 

2 hours ago, davencl said:

Joel,

Thanks I came to the same conclusion as you.  Too many are focused on trading not holding.  To answer your question yes they can be applied to shore excursions.  Not sure you can apply online.  May have to call to book.  I know because 2 days ago when I called to upgrade my room and add a shorex they applied this credit.

I did it online without any issues.

• 2 weeks later...