Share Holder Benefit Question

seychelle

In late November I attempted to email my benefit form to shareholderbenefit@rccl and for several days in a row I immediately got an "undeliverable" email back with this message:

"Your message wasn't delivered because the recipient's mailbox is undergoing maintenance and can't accept messages now. Please try resending the message later."

So I copied the pages and mailed them in about the first of December.  Still nothing has been reported back to me or is online in Cruise Planner.   I just tried emailing again and received the same message.

What can I do to confirm receipt?

Shareholder Services used to be extremely helpful and would respond in a few days.  Over the past few months, they're lost. I’ve gotten my request to add my benefit to 2 additional cruises back saying in a form letter “shareholder not on booking”.  My name on my brokerage account is exactly the same as my name on my booking.  I’m frustrated!

Having similar problems. Requested credit one and half weeks ago along with my brokerage form. Got automated email confirming receipt. Couple of days ago, I sent another email asking for status and was told I was ineligible because I never sent the brokerage info. Just resent. Let’s see what happens. 

I find that if i don't get the automated email  response within a day or so that they have received the communication , I send it again.   Once I get the automated response, I usually find that the benefit is applies a few days later.  Sometimes I get an email back letting me know the benefit is applies.  If not, I check the planner and the OBC shows up there. 

M

8 hours ago, outtoseacruise said:

Use this link on from their investor site to submit your request: https://rclshareholderbenefit.questionpro.com/

In November it took them about a week before they appeared on some of my bookings. The last one I submitted 3 weeks ago just appeared in the planner this week.

THIS. Have used it 2 times and received my credit within 2 weeks.

I couldn't get the electronic report to send so I emailed them and attached the copy of the page in my brokerage account statement that showed I owned 100 plus shares of RCL stock.  I only got the automated response but no email stating I would get $100 OBC.  However, today I got another invoice for my January 16, 2022 cruise showing that I have another $100 in OBC.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder whether the end of year holidays are impacting the processing on the OBC requests? I filled out the online form on Dec. 17th and still haven't received anything back from RCL. I went online and did the form over again today, but since we sail on January 6th I am not optimistic that it will be processed fast enough!

Just a tip -- my mail-in resulted in nothing after 3 weeks.  I then used the online form and nothing after a week.  So I just sent email with information listed and attached my brokerage statement, one separate email for each cruise, and got results in 48 hours.

Email with attachment is the fastest and most likely to work.  We did the online form which was never acknowledged.  We then sent the email and within 24 hours our OBC was posted.  I need to do it for our April b2b next.

• Like 1

Some time ago I had a problem with getting the shareholders OBC.  RCCL never acknowledged it.  I boarded the ship and went down to guest services with the copies of emails I had sent to RCCL and registered a complaint.  They contacted the main office and a day or so later the OBC appeared on my account.  So if all else fails take a printed copy of all correspondence along with proof of stock ownership to guest services and let them sort it out.  

11 hours ago, satxdiver said:

Some time ago I had a problem with getting the shareholders OBC.  RCCL never acknowledged it.  I boarded the ship and went down to guest services with the copies of emails I had sent to RCCL and registered a complaint.  They contacted the main office and a day or so later the OBC appeared on my account.  So if all else fails take a printed copy of all correspondence along with proof of stock ownership to guest services and let them sort it out.  

Great idea!!

11 hours ago, satxdiver said:

Did not work for me.  We took a 3 day and 4 day B2B.  The 4 day OBC appeared on the planner the day after I got the approval.  The three day never appeared.  I wrote another email a few weeks before the cruise and they said it would appear by Day 2.  It never did.  I went to GS and they asked me to forward them the email approval and they called shareholder services.  Shareholder services told me to send in request again??????  I did and got an approval again, but the 3 day ended and never did get the credit.  Not  going to waste a lot of time for $50, but will try one more time to have them apply it to one of the other cruises we have booked.  

I tried to apply back in November for my December and March cruises (since the system allows you to do multiple at once). Got the OBC for the December cruise but nothing for March. Went back out today to try and apply again for the March cruise and see new language that says "apply for OBC 3 weeks before cruise. We will contact you within 7 days.". That was DEFINITELY not there last time. Previously it had language something to the effect of "apply a minimum of 2 weeks before cruise". Sounds like RCL is tweaking their policy. 

13 hours ago, RockHoundTX said:

I tried to apply back in November for my December and March cruises (since the system allows you to do multiple at once). Got the OBC for the December cruise but nothing for March. Went back out today to try and apply again for the March cruise and see new language that says "apply for OBC 3 weeks before cruise. We will contact you within 7 days.". That was DEFINITELY not there last time. Previously it had language something to the effect of "apply a minimum of 2 weeks before cruise". Sounds like RCL is tweaking their policy. 

I ended up having my travel agent call RCL for my Jan. 6th OBC. They told her we must apply "30 days before the sail date" but they would apply it for me as a goodwill gesture! Ha. The web site clearly still says

Requests should be received in our office approximately 2-3 weeks prior to your sail date.