Serenade of the Seas....281 dollars Jan 15?

MISTER 67

Insane rate for inside cabin sailing out of Tampa for Western Caribbean, we've been cruising for 40 years, that is lowest rate for 7 days I've ever seen.

Why so low? Then again Royal's prices have always perplexed me, most of the time their rates our higher than Celebrity and on many cruises you can sail on Holland America and Princess for a much lower rate for just about the same cruise on the same week.

That being said if we hadn't just sailed on 2 cruises in the last month we would book this cruise in a heartbeat.

Edited by MISTER 67

Lol if that is total cruise fare .. awesome. If I didnt have to be back in Galveston by jan 29th for my hotel for liberty. Too close. 

I have been looking for deals but cutting out early jan makes it tighter time wise.

Solo I see 749 .. what am I doing wrong?

Ok I went back and put in 2 pax. The 252 pp so x 2 rate is a gty cant be booked as a solo. I'd have to book a fake person. Thanks.

20211228_115157837.jpeg

Edited by firefly333

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Lol if that is total cruise fare .. awesome. If I didnt have to be back in Galveston by jan 29th for my hotel for liberty. Too close. 

I have been looking for deals but cutting out early jan makes it tighter time wise.

20211228_115157837.jpeg

20211228_115157837.jpeg

Port charges are not included but its stiil dirt cheap.

6 minutes ago, bajathree said:

What's even more insane is we are in an inflationary market where prices on everything are skyrocketing...except for cruises....doesn't seem to be any supply issue there.

I would love to know the break even point per passenger on the mainstream cruise lines. We paid 349.00 plus port charges on our Christmas cruise on Caribbean Princess but that was for an inside with others paying more for a balcony cabin or a suite.

Edited by MISTER 67

1 minute ago, MISTER 67 said:

I would love to know the break even point per passenger on the mainstream cruise lines. We paid 349.00 plus port charges on our Christmas cruise on Caribbean Princess.

Unlimited dining plan has been sold out for a while on our Odyssey 1/29 cruise.  shows as available today.  People are dropping like flies right now.  Cant imagine the amount of cancellations the last few days.  Like I said on another post my Royal Up odds get better every day!!

Cheaper to live on a cruise ship right now than if you had to pay rent.

Just now, ticketsunlimited said:

Unlimited dining plan has been sold out for a while on our Odyssey 1/29 cruise.  shows as available today.  People are dropping like flies right now.  Cant imagine the amount of cancellations the last few days.  Like I said on another post my Royal Up odds get better every day!!

How true.

11 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Don't book solo - known issue that solo pricing doesn't seem to work sometimes.

I can book jan 23 liberty cheaper . But it runs into my jan 30 and feb 6. Also have hotel room nonrefundable for jan 29. 

Np for solo pricing. Just u der $500, 491 I think plus taxes and fees. Better price. I'd book it if I didnt have the b2b lol. Already worrying about testing positive for 2nd leg. One more leg too much for me.

But galvestoey has a better 7 day price for inside on liberty. 

32 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Ok I went back and put in 2 pax. The 252 pp so x 2 rate is a gty cant be booked as a solo. I'd have to book a fake person. Thanks.

The Indy has some pretty decent prices on the 4 nights out of PC.  Inside solo for $380 for 4 nights 2/7/22

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

Insane rate for inside cabin sailing out of Tampa for Western Caribbean, we've been cruising for 40 years, that is lowest rate for 7 days I've ever seen.

Why so low? Then again Royal's prices have always perplexed me, most of the time their rates our higher than Celebrity and on many cruises you can sail on Holland America and Princess for a much lower rate for just about the same cruise on the same week.

That being said if we hadn't just sailed on 2 cruises in the last month we would book this cruise in a heartbeat.

Yup, since Covid-now booked over 2 dozen Cruises SOLO Cabins Aft/Corner Balcony most averaging $60 total a Nite on these ships Serenade/Jewel/Brilliance, Inside lot cheaper. But year post 9/11 2001 was cheapest. Right after 9/11 paid $9ea + $50ea tax for $118 total for a 5 day Ocean View, this Oct2001. Then in Dec 2001 Paid $799 Total SOLO on Explorer(Newest/Largest) in then Called Cat B on 7 nite. Many others Cruises I Booked that yr with similar rates...

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, molly361 said:

The Indy has some pretty decent prices on the 4 nights out of PC.  Inside solo for $380 for 4 nights 2/7/22

Does that include the dp340 discount.  We had to cancel our Jan 2 this week due to covid.  Lost my 28 points.  Have to grab a few more cruises to make up for it!

10 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

So how do you book being a solo ??   

Book double and put in a dummy for the second person. You may also be able to get around some of the web site pricing issues by calling.

Edited by Biker19

7 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

So how do you book being a solo ??   

I dont play games and add someone. Rcl is onto that and hasnt been always giving solo pts if you book with 2 and one is a no show.

I just book the best rates I can. A couple of months ago they had rates with no solo supplement.. maybe if enough canc they will do it again.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Book double and put in a dummy for the second person. You may also be able to get around some of the web site pricing issues by calling.

But them I don’t my double points 

I always hunt for the best solo price.  

my 7 day balcony for my PR cruise I snagged for 1100.00 out the door. 
wonder what RCI would do if you got caught 

I dont play games and add someone. Rcl is onto that and hasnt been always giving solo pts if you book with 2 and one is a no show.

I just book the best rates I can. A couple of months ago they had rates with no solo supplement.. maybe if enough canc they will do it again.

Scored few no Single Supplement myself. Unfortunately most were Canceled. Then three yrs ago had one Cruise where Booking 2 was $600 cheaper then SOLO even with my 340+ points. I still always check both ways just in case 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

wonder what RCI would do if you got caught 

Caught at what? Booking double for a solo? Nothing.

I get the issue with the extra solo points and if that's important, then a call might be in order as they may be able to do things not available on the web site.

Biker, who after 4 calls and 2 LAs was finally able to get extra points for a double booked solo sailing.

Edited by Biker19

58 minutes ago, ticketsunlimited said:

If you get sick, Royal will put you up until you are better, more free digs.