Missing Captain's Club Points

JamieLogical

I sailed solo on a B2B on the Summit in November. The first leg of the sailing was 5 days in a Sky Suite. The second leg of the sailing was 4 days in an Aqua Class Veranda. It looks like I was awarded the correct number of points for the first leg: 8(suite)x5(nights)x2(solo), for a total of 80 points. However, I was not awarded the correct number of points for the second leg. It should have been 5(aqua)x4(nights)x2(solo), for a total of 40 points. I was only awarded 20 points for that sailing. I tried emailing CelebrityEngagementCenter@celebrity.com, but got a pretty useless reply just telling me I had received 20 points for the sailing, but no information as to why. Has anyone had any luck getting Captain's Club Points corrected when there has been an error? If so, who did you contact?

Edit: I should mention, it took weeks to get that useless reply via email. I tried replying back, but have received no further response.

Edited by JamieLogical

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a similar issue.  I sailed solo in December.  I got the regular points for aqua class plus 5pts for the "going green" thing.  I have called twice, and still extra no points.  When I called the second time, the rep noted my request had already been sent, but they would "escalate" it.  That was ten days ago.  I also told them I am missing the points for the booking offer, where if you booked during a certain date, you would get 5pts for every booking submitted on their form.  I made 5 bookings, so yeah, no points from that either.  Why is this so hard/difficult for them. 🤷🏻‍♀️

31 minutes ago, dreams_of_travel said:

where if you booked during a certain date, you would get 5pts for every booking submitted on their form.

Do you have to take the cruise to get those points awarded? 
I haven’t had mine either,

For the other missing points for sailing solo, I would be inclined to contact Captain’s Club via their FB site. In the UK Jack or Sam reply promptly.

Edited by upwarduk

32 minutes ago, dreams_of_travel said:

I'm having a similar issue.  I sailed solo in December.  I got the regular points for aqua class plus 5pts for the "going green" thing.  I have called twice, and still extra no points.  When I called the second time, the rep noted my request had already been sent, but they would "escalate" it.  That was ten days ago.  I also told them I am missing the points for the booking offer, where if you booked during a certain date, you would get 5pts for every booking submitted on their form.  I made 5 bookings, so yeah, no points from that either.  Why is this so hard/difficult for them. 🤷🏻‍♀️

If it was escalated 10 days ago, suggest you wait another 2 or 3 weeks.

Not excusing Celebrity, but Raytheon here is Tucson has averaged 800 people out from Covid either with the disease or exposure.  Also many many new hires who are green.  Little training and it will take some week for each newbie to get up to normal productivity.  Things moving very slowly.

• Like 1

For those of you not getting double points when sailing solo did you book using the single rate discount which has been offered quite a bit lately?    If so I believe the side effect of that is you don't get double points.   Just a thought.

49 minutes ago, dreams_of_travel said:

I also told them I am missing the points for the booking offer, where if you booked during a certain date, you would get 5pts for every booking submitted on their form.  I made 5 bookings, so yeah, no points from that either.  

I'm also missing the 5 points each for booking two sailings between 10/1 and 11/1 that were submitted on their online form (it was the "loyalty" discount promotion for Caribbean sailings).  I finally got through to someone today and they couldn't even find that particular PUP promotion, even after discussing with a supervisor.  I had to forward them the original email from Celebrity that announced the promotion... will give it some time and call back if they don't respond.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

For those of you not getting double points when sailing solo did you book using the single rate discount which has been offered quite a bit lately?    If so I believe the side effect of that is you don't get double points.   Just a thought.

Not in my case.  They were booked over  2 years ago and lifted and shifted

41 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I booked during the time when the fine print stated solo cruisers get double points.  I have another cruise coming up in April where the fine print states triple points for a solo booking.   FWIW last summer, when they were trying to get people to sail by offering double points, I was on a comp cruise (no fare charged, just taxes, fees, and grats), and I got double points.   I have not read of an instance, on these forums, where solo cruisers wouldn't get double points unless specifically listed in the offer details. I have even asked a Celebrity rep when calling in about my bookings about the points for each cruise.  They have always said that solos get double points. 

If you're missing points from sailing solo, just call them. I had the same problem on my solo sailings last year. The very nice lady I spoke with put me on hold for a few minutes and then came back to tell me I was owed the number of points I expected. She told me they would appear in some number of days (14 or 21 or something like that--I don't recall), and they were there when she said. 

She did mention that the solo points were the ones missing, so they have something going wrong with that. 

• Like 1

I was missing mine for cruising solo on the same cruise as you are missing yours for @JamieLogical. I sent an email to the same address you did and didn't receive an email back but about 3-4 weeks later the missing points had been credited to my account.

Agree with others to call since email wasn't successful. Good luck!

• Like 1

I have now had two cruises from January 2022 that registered without the double solo points.🤨

Since I am on board reflection, I have asked the current Captains Club hostess, Sophia, to look into the problem and I hope it is resolved quickly. I hate having to chase down points

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

I have now had two cruises from January 2022 that registered without the double solo points.🤨

Since I am on board reflection, I have asked the current Captains Club hostess, Sophia, to look into the problem and I hope it is resolved quickly. I hate having to chase down points

I've been putting off calling again.  Hope you get some answers.  It is a bit annoying to have to chase down points when it should be a fairly simple adjustment to do. I'll be coming up on two months soon since my Dec. cruise missing the double points.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, davekathy said:

IMO, calling the Captains Club is a better choice for addressing CC issues.  

dreams_of_travel has been trying for 2 months it seems through Celebrity. I would hope a good TA could solve this in less than 2 months.

1 hour ago, bigbenboys said:

dreams_of_travel has been trying for 2 months it seems through Celebrity. I would hope a good TA could solve this in less than 2 months.

I understand @dreams_of_travel frustration but  why would a TA be able to solve missing CC points? That's an issue between the CC and the CC member.

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, davekathy said:

I understand @dreams_of_travel frustration but  why would a TA be able to solve missing CC points? That's an issue between the CC and the CC member.

Any problems I have I call or email my TA first. She would have a better understanding of our contract with Celebrity. Might have a inside track of a change/problem within Celebrity. In the case of points. I would have emailed my TA about bonus or double points. 

On 1/28/2022 at 5:57 PM, trabeler said:

I'm also missing the 5 points each for booking two sailings between 10/1 and 11/1 that were submitted on their online form (it was the "loyalty" discount promotion for Caribbean sailings).  I finally got through to someone today and they couldn't even find that particular PUP promotion, even after discussing with a supervisor.  I had to forward them the original email from Celebrity that announced the promotion... will give it some time and call back if they don't respond.

We were also missing the extra five points from that promo.  I emailed CC and the first reply after a few weeks was they would be adding the points.  Then the next week I got an email there was no applicable promotion, and did I mean the Go Green Promo.  I replied with the dates of the emails with the loyalty promotion.  Finally this week I heard they'd be awarding the points this month, so fingers crossed!

2 hours ago, bigbenboys said:

Any problems I have I call or email my TA first. She would have a better understanding of our contract with Celebrity. Might have a inside track of a change/problem within Celebrity. In the case of points. I would have emailed my TA about bonus or double points. 

If that works for you. 

I spent a lovely 2hrs, 48mins on the phone today with a Capt Club rep.  She looked at all the things I said I was missing, and resubmitted them.  She was meticulous, going through the promos, looking at my bookings, etc.  She was stellar!  I don't have my missing points yet, but I am more hopeful now than I was after the first two calls.  I'll report back when the points show up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, hiccups said:

We were also missing the extra five points from that promo.  I emailed CC and the first reply after a few weeks was they would be adding the points.  Then the next week I got an email there was no applicable promotion, and did I mean the Go Green Promo.  I replied with the dates of the emails with the loyalty promotion.  Finally this week I heard they'd be awarding the points this month, so fingers crossed!

Thanks for the glimmer of hope that they might actually find that promotion.  I did get an email response yesterday advising that they would research the issue but that it might be up to 30 days before I hear back...