The Daily for Tuesday 01/25/2022

richwmn

15 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Just got back from the gym and have a hair appointment this morning but wanted to drop in and let you all know DSIL's Mom died last night about 10 pm.  Her MRI yesterday confirmed fluid on the brain and even if the surgeons drained it she was not going to live.  Her brain was too damaged by all the stroke/seizures she experienced in the past 10 days.  DSIL, his Dad and sister said their goodbyes and they started removing feeding tubes. 😪

Very shocking when someone passes so swiftly but I suppose better than lying in bed in a vegatative state for months or years. 

Roy, please remove DSIL from the Celebration list.  Thank you all for your earnest prayers but God does what he has planned. If I have a little time before my appointment I will come back to read.

I Know I am late with this, but my deepest condolences. At least she is no longer suffering.  My prayers for your family.  May she Rest In Peace.

Terri

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

I just need @Cruising-along, @dfish, and @NextOne to email me so if you all can send me a quick email that would be super. I have the others. 

Hi Sharon -- when I click on "email me" in your signature, nothing happens 😞 Not sure what is wrong. My email is cmuller dash 06 at comcast dot net.

Thanks for doing this!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

I have not read all the posts today. I will try to do that later.

This is just a quick update.

The blood work shows that the inflammation level is lower but not low enough.  It has gone from 15 to 10.  However the goal is below 2.  So I still have a way to go.  I will continue to take my prednisone and expect to lower the dosage on Feb.1 unless I hear differently from my doctor.  

I have not yet heard from him.  I expect that he will be in touch tomorrow.

As for the lump.  The doctor feels that it is not benign.  However he sent it for a biopsy.  He showed it to me and said that he said it was accumulated "fat" because I lost weight and this accumulated in one place.  He showed it to me and it looked like chicken fat.  So that seems like good news,  Go back next week to have the stitches removed.  The results will be on my portal in a few days.  Will let you know.  However I expect it to be good news.

Finally, Santa came through and we went to the Apple Store in Jacksonville and I finally got my new iPad. I am trying to set it up now.  I even got some money on a trade in.

I will try to post again after I read all the posts since I last posted early this morning and comment on what I have read.

For now, thank you for your prayers and good wishes.  I cannot tell you how much I appreciate it.

God bless,

Terri

Terri, Praying that your inflammation levels continue their downward trend. 🙏 I hope the doctor is correct that you lump is benign. 🤞 Have fun with your new iPad. 🙂

• Like 6

Prayer request: Just got off the phone with my sis. My 84yo mom wasn’t feeling well so my other sis (she lives with her and DH) to the ER. She’s diabetic and her glucose is a little high but her sodium is low. She’ll need to stay in the hospital 1-2 days to bring her sodium up slowly.  They live in Florida and the rest of us are in California. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 9

7 hours ago, irishjim said:

That  is  good  news indeed. I also got  some  good  news  today my  wife  and  will  get  our

booster  shots at  2-30pm tomorrow. yay.

Jim and Sheila.

Excellent news Jim.

I hope neither of you have any side effects.

Graham.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dobiemom said:

Prayer request: Just got off the phone with my sis. My 84yo mom wasn’t feeling well so my other sis (she lives with her and DH) to the ER. She’s diabetic and her glucose is a little high but her sodium is low. She’ll need to stay in the hospital 1-2 days to bring her sodium up slowly.  They live in Florida and the rest of us are in California. 

Our prayers 🙏 are being sent your way.

Hopefully her sodium levels are stabilised and her glucose brought down to 6.

My late mam had type 2 diabetes so I have a good idea what your mam is going through.

Graham.

• Like 5

Yesterday I posted (#69) that today’s meal contains an excellent crossword puzzle word.  That post is hidden.  Did I do something wrong? Break a rule for posting on the daily?  Just trying to follow your community rules.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, 0106 said:

Yesterday I posted (#69) that today’s meal contains an excellent crossword puzzle word.  That post is hidden.  Did I do something wrong? Break a rule for posting on the daily?  Just trying to follow your community rules.

Posts get "hidden" by the CC software algorithms that can be baffling.  On the Daily, we have a beloved former HAL Captain "whose name cannot be mentioned".  You did nothing wrong,.

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dobiemom said:

Prayers for your mom.  🙏

• Like 4

9 hours ago, irishjim said:

That  is  good  news indeed. I also got  some  good  news  today my  wife  and  will  get  our

booster  shots at  2-30pm tomorrow. yay.

Jim and Sheila.

I finally got my booster Monday afternoon.  The booster was Moderna, my first 2 shots were Pfizer.  My arm was sore but no other side effects.  Glad you are getting your boosters.

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

The blood work shows that the inflammation level is lower but not low enough.  It has gone from 15 to 10.  However the goal is below 2.  So I still have a way to go.  I will continue to take my prednisone and expect to lower the dosage on Feb.1 unless I hear differently from my doctor.  

As for the lump.  The doctor feels that it is not benign.  However he sent it for a biopsy.  He showed it to me and said that he said it was accumulated "fat" because I lost weight and this accumulated in one place.  He showed it to me and it looked like chicken fat.  So that seems like good news,  Go back next week to have the stitches removed.  The results will be on my portal in a few days.  Will let you know.  However I expect it to be good news.

Finally, Santa came through and we went to the Apple Store in Jacksonville and I finally got my new iPad. I am trying to set it up now.  I even got some money on a trade in.

I will try to post again after I read all the posts since I last posted early this morning and comment on what I have read.

For now, thank you for your prayers and good wishes.  I cannot tell you how much I appreciate it.

God bless,

Terri

While the inflammation wasn't where  you want it to be, it is heading in the right direction and for that we can rejoice.   I, too, will keep my fingers crossed for a negative result from the biopsy.  Gosh, Terri, it sounds like you could have been on Dr. Pimple Popper.

6 hours ago, dobiemom said:

Prayers that she responds quickly to treatment.  I've had problems with low sodium in the past.  When my thyroid functions correctly, my sodium is a little low.  When my thyroid is misbehaving, my sodium is normal.  Go figure.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, AncientWanderer said:

Count us in, Rich, and thank you very much for suggesting it.  We'll make ourselves available for whatever is planned.  It looks to be a great cruise.

Maxine

It will be so much fun to see you and Chris again.  I am so looking forward to this cruise.

10 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

I just need @Cruising-along, @dfish, and @NextOne to email me so if you all can send me a quick email that would be super. I have the others. 

Rich, about the dinner— maybe we could plan on Tuesday October 11th (sea day) or Wednesday October 12th (Gaspe, all aboard 3:00 pm). October 13th is Charlottetown and all aboard is later, 6:00 pm. 

I’ll do some checking. 

Debbie, I don’t mind doing our small get together for our Daily group but would never do it for a CC roll call. 😉

I just sent you an email.  Doing a Roll Call Meet and Greet isn't hard.  It is basically filling out a form for HAL and then showing up.  I did make name tags so we knew who we were talking to.  After a few introductory remarks, I just let people talk among themselves.  

As for dinner, the sea day will probably be a Gala night, but given the MDR menus lately, that is no loss to eat in a specialty restaurant.  Either date works for me.  

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

God bless,

Terri

Glad the inflammation numbers are going down and hope they continue to do so.  Fingers crossed the lump is benign.

7 hours ago, dobiemom said:

Sending good thoughts that your mom gets her sodium levels up and her glucose levels down.

3 hours ago, puppycanducruise said:

I finally got my booster Monday afternoon.  The booster was Moderna, my first 2 shots were Pfizer.  My arm was sore but no other side effects.  Glad you are getting your boosters.

Congratulations on the booster.  Happy you just have a sore arm.

Lenda

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, 0106 said:

Just got notification that my post #69 was approved!🤷‍♀️

So I went to read it to see what the fuss was about.  I would guess the algorithm didn't like the third from the last word.  Don't dare repeat it!  Thanks for letting us know.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

So I went to read it to see what the fuss was about.  I would guess the algorithm didn't like the third from the last word.  Don't dare repeat it!  Thanks for letting us know.

Oh my, I'll be more careful in the future. 

Let me see if a different form of the word passes the censors:  

"Once harvested, rapeseeds can be pressed and used for cooking oil or non-edible oils."

• Like 2