Attn: May cruises final payment dates

39august

16 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

It will apply to you. Being in a group rate does not make a difference. Emails should go out soon if they already haven’t. 

I asked my TA and he said since we are in a group rate this doesn't apply to us we are still to pay up 90 days before sail date.   Where can I find this information?

I paid Monday for a payment originally due tomorrow the 27th.  Paid a day too early but at least I can cancel now up to February 26 and get a full refund. I don’t  need to pay the cc til the end of February so  I’m not out of anything right now. 

Edited by ncgolferette

1 hour ago, ncgolferette said:

I paid Monday for a payment originally due tomorrow the 27th.  Paid a day too early but at least I can cancel now up to February 26 and get a full refund. I don’t  need to pay the cc til the end of February so  I’m not out of anything right now. 

Good for you!  Making lemonade out of lemons 🍋 

I just received official notification that our final payment date has been changed to 60 days for upcoming April cruise.  I was hoping for 30 days tbh.  I don't think much will change by early February when final payment is due to make me comfortable to go on a cruise .  We had already missed the 90 day deadline for final payment.

Royal Caribbean

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you aboard soon for your upcoming Celebrity Cruises vacation. Before we depart, we have some important information to share. Celebrity Cruises has been working closely with health and government authorities, in each country we sail from, to outline a clear path for cruising with new health and safety measures. As we continue to return to service, we are committed to evaluating all itineraries and the status of travel conditions around the world.  You may expect to receive full details on our latest health and safety protocols closer to your sailing departure date in line with the most up to date recommendations from local government and health officials.

We are also pleased to advise that we’ve adjusted your final payment terms to allow additional flexibility for everyone in your travelling party as you finalize your vacation plans. For all sailings departing through May 31, 2022, final payment will not be due until 60 days prior to your cruise departure. This means you’ll have an additional 30 days to make your final payment. No action is needed on your part to benefit from this extension in final payment date.

We hope these adjustments in payment terms give you a little extra peace of mind as you get ready for your vacation. The Celebrity Cruises family is ready to show you the world. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Celebrity Cruises at 1-844-418-6824 in North America or (316) 554-5961 worldwide.

Sincerely,
Celebrity Cruises 

• Like 1

I've just received the same email notification about 60 day payment date.  3 weeks after the Celebrity final payment date for my early April cruise, longer since my TA required final payment.

What's the point of Celebrity sending me this?

I know someone said about being able to cancel up to the new date for a full refund but the email doesn't actually say that, it only mentions payment terms.

19 hours ago, kearney said:

That says effective for sailings as early as 12/1/22... I wish this had been made known to me when I paid on Jan 22 for my April 24 cruise.... this is the second time I find out about this just days after full payment.

Same!  This is annoying since another month grace period would have applied to my April sailing, too. 

My friend booked directly through Celebrity.  She received this email today.  I booked with a TA and haven’t heard about this

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you aboard soon for your upcoming Celebrity Cruises vacation. Before we depart, we have some important information to share. Celebrity Cruises has been working closely with health and government authorities, in each country we sail from, to outline a clear path for cruising with new health and safety measures. As we continue to return to service, we are committed to evaluating all itineraries and the status of travel conditions around the world.  You may expect to receive full details on our latest health and safety protocols closer to your sailing departure date in line with the most up to date recommendations from local government and health officials.

We are also pleased to advise that we’ve adjusted your final payment terms to allow additional flexibility for everyone in your travelling party as you finalize your vacation plans. For all sailings departing through May 31, 2022, final payment will not be due until 60 days prior to your cruise departure. This means you’ll have an additional 30 days to make your final payment. No action is needed on your part to benefit from this extension in final payment date.

We hope these adjustments in payment terms give you a little extra peace of mind as you get ready for your vacation. The Celebrity Cruises family is ready to show you the world. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Celebrity Cruises at 1-844-418-6824 in North America or (316) 554-5961 worldwide.

Sincerely,
Celebrity Cruises 

n

My TA let us know about this yesterday morning, but we didn't get the email from Celebrity until eaarly this afternoon. 

Our TA is also a very dear friend, and is traveling with us on our early May sailing. He was rather happy about the extended date, as are we. 

4 hours ago, SFO-F/A said:

I asked my TA and he said since we are in a group rate this doesn't apply to us we are still to pay up 90 days before sail date.   Where can I find this information?

The TA needs to look into this further or call their group line at Celebrity. It doesn't matter that you are in a group rate. If it's the TA's own policy to collect at 90 days, regardless, they can still hold off. 

• Like 2

This must be so hard for you folks on the first few sailings in Europe.  You have NO idea what sailing is going to be like in the European ports at this point.  Our Baltic sailing isn't until July so we have some time.  But this is a lot of money for a final payment when there is no guarantee as to what these cruises will look like.

To me, ports in the Caribbean can change the day before and I really don't care.  They are all the same to me.  But these European ones are very specific.  And skipping a port or only being able to take Celebrity tours would really change the cruise.  (Not trying to pour salt on an open wound.  Just trying to sympathize.)

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, yogini06 said:

I received notification from Celebrity Cruises that our final payment is not due until 60 days prior to sailing.  We are on the 26 May cruise departing from Ravenna.

Ours is in July from Southampton. Even if final payment stays at 90 days, the world of travel restrictions may be completely different by mid April, but 60 days would be better.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Ours is in July from Southampton. Even if final payment stays at 90 days, the world of travel restrictions may be completely different by mid April, but 60 days would be better.

I did see MSC is allowing independent shore excursions on Mediterranean cruises beginning March 2022 so I'm optimistic! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Finally got the email today Jan 26th..telling me that my final payment originally due two days ago has been extended... after sending me a note about 10 days ago reminding me that my final payment was due Jan 24..  And I even wrote an email weeks ago asking if they were going to extend.... I am kinda pissed..  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SFO-F/A said:

Good luck, my TA is balking.  Let us know the reply

Her original response was that it did not apply to my sailing....by then I had received an email from Celebrity stating the extension....I emailed back.   Shortly after, the TA emailed that I was correct, and had already heard from others about it.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

This must be so hard for you folks on the first few sailings in Europe.  You have NO idea what sailing is going to be like in the European ports at this point.  Our Baltic sailing isn't until July so we have some time.  But this is a lot of money for a final payment when there is no guarantee as to what these cruises will look like.

To me, ports in the Caribbean can change the day before and I really don't care.  They are all the same to me.  But these European ones are very specific.  And skipping a port or only being able to take Celebrity tours would really change the cruise.  (Not trying to pour salt on an open wound.  Just trying to sympathize.)

We are also Baltic for July.  It’s really up In the air.  If Covid doesn’t cause a dilemma, the current build up of military forces might.

10 hours ago, grest said:

Her original response was that it did not apply to my sailing....by then I had received an email from Celebrity stating the extension....I emailed back.   Shortly after, the TA emailed that I was correct, and had already heard from others about it.

I had the same experience.   I have a B2B2B scheduled starting with April 8.   I've already made final payment on the 4/8 and 4/21 cruises.   Ugh.     I asked my agent about final payment on the third 4/30 cruise and she replied computer still shows Final Payment due on  1/30 (3 days from now).   I sent her copies of what was posted and asked her to contact her Celebrity contact.   She replied bay about 30 minutes later that her Celebrity rep thought it qualified for the 60 payment but needed to check.  (Wouldn't you think Celebrity should know this).   30 minutes later she confirmed that our sailing qualified for the 60 Final payment.

• Like 2

We have a reservation for a May 20 cruise but have not received the email yet others have quoted.

I called Celebrity today to request an updated booking confirmation because I wanted something in writing from them showing both the final payment date plus a revised cancellation schedule. After a surprisingly short wait time of about 5 minutes and then a few minutes with the agent I had a new confirmation email showing the 60 day final payment date. The revised cancellation schedule shows no cancellation amount for 60 days or more then the normal 75% for 59-31 days and 100% for 30-0 days.

I would think that those who have paid in full and are now in the 89 to 61 day window should now fall under the revised schedule rather than 25% or 50%.