Has Anyone Successfully Checked-In for a Cruise Since the Option was Added Back to the Website?

azbirdmom

21 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Well mine does not have Emergency Return Airport, which I have input previously in Medallion App. Also when I choose my home airport it says it is not in the same region as my address

I had that issue, but when I added the International Code to my phone number, then I was able to indicate my home airport.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Just received notification from Princess that my Medallion Order was cancelled (not by me).  When I tried to sign in on the web, I got the page for a brief second.  I could even go to the check list.  Then, wham...gone again.

I didn’t receive a notification but last night noticed my lane changed from Green to Yellow due to not showing I ordered the OM which was done many months ago. I decided to wait until this morning and voila…OM order back & returned to Green so I got lucky.

21 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

I didn’t receive a notification but last night noticed my lane changed from Green to Yellow due to not showing I ordered the OM which was done many months ago. I decided to wait until this morning and voila…OM order back & returned to Green so I got lucky.

Now I wonder if I have two coming or none.  

• Haha 1

I had no success with the website link yesterday, but it is "working" this evening.  

Once again, Princess does absolutely zero communication about the feature, so how do we know if missing functionality is by design since this is Release 1.0, or if there are bugs with functions not working.

When I get logged in, I am presented with our next voyage (which is a logical voyage of 25 nights - a B2B2B).  All I can see and work with is the Personal Information and Documents section from the MC App.  I didn't try everything in there - just opened a couple of line items and reviewed data.  

No other OCEAN Ready sections appeared to me, nor did I see any navigation to get them.

No DMW.  

Also, our following voyage on another ship does not appear at all.  Unlike MC App, where we tap our photo and see other voyages to select from - no such feature.

So, then I went back to Cruise Personalizer and selected the second independent voyage, thinking that the link to web OCEAN page came from Personalizer, so maybe that will work.  NOPE.  I did that and was presented with the same B2B2B on Regal instead of the Island trip. 

Does everyone who has multiple voyages booked on different ships at different times only see their next/first voyage via the web-based link?

It is also annoying to have to login again to the OCEAN App after already being logged in to Princess.com.  Obviously the tech "wizards" didn't think of single sign-on and pass along credentials already entered. 

It's like the Cruise Personalizer on Princess.com means nothing.  Logging in to OCEAN Ready is like using MC App on a separate device.  We all just happened to get to the page using the provided URL on the Cruise Personalizer main page.  

A "smart" new web-based system would take you right to the correct voyage from the Personalizer and not require another login.  Meanwhile, I don't see how to bring up our other voyage with this new web thing. 

Baby step hopefully and they have more work coming.  But who's to know since Princess says nothing about what is going on and what to expect.

ETA:  If I use the alternate login (Name, Booking Code, BD), I do get to the second voyage on ISLAND.  Shouldn't have to be this way.

Edited by Steelers36
Update on access to second voyage.
  • Like 2

After finding out about the new link here, even though my app seems to work ok for now (Crossing fingers and toes) I decided to check it out. I had ordered my medallions in the app so I deleted them on the website and reordered them with no problems. The only thing I really found was in the section for the passports and security picture it wouldn't let my camera took the picture, it kept taking me to my computer files.

I just saw this thread. I got into the web app fine, but like the Android and iPhone apps, I still can not use the same credit card for people on two different booking numbers. Same error in all three places. I expect they can easily take care of it at the pier.

12 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I had no success with the website link yesterday, but it is "working" this evening.  

Once again, Princess does absolutely zero communication about the feature, so how do we know if missing functionality is by design since this is Release 1.0, or if there are bugs with functions not working.

When I get logged in, I am presented with our next voyage (which is a logical voyage of 25 nights - a B2B2B).  All I can see and work with is the Personal Information and Documents section from the MC App.  I didn't try everything in there - just opened a couple of line items and reviewed data.  

No other OCEAN Ready sections appeared to me, nor did I see any navigation to get them.

No DMW.  

Also, our following voyage on another ship does not appear at all.  Unlike MC App, where we tap our photo and see other voyages to select from - no such feature.

So, then I went back to Cruise Personalizer and selected the second independent voyage, thinking that the link to web OCEAN page came from Personalizer, so maybe that will work.  NOPE.  I did that and was presented with the same B2B2B on Regal instead of the Island trip. 

Does everyone who has multiple voyages booked on different ships at different times only see their next/first voyage via the web-based link?

It is also annoying to have to login again to the OCEAN App after already being logged in to Princess.com.  Obviously the tech "wizards" didn't think of single sign-on and pass along credentials already entered. 

It's like the Cruise Personalizer on Princess.com means nothing.  Logging in to OCEAN Ready is like using MC App on a separate device.  We all just happened to get to the page using the provided URL on the Cruise Personalizer main page.  

A "smart" new web-based system would take you right to the correct voyage from the Personalizer and not require another login.  Meanwhile, I don't see how to bring up our other voyage with this new web thing. 

Baby step hopefully and they have more work coming.  But who's to know since Princess says nothing about what is going on and what to expect.

ETA:  If I use the alternate login (Name, Booking Code, BD), I do get to the second voyage on ISLAND.  Shouldn't have to be this way.

Here's a big laugh for me. I don't use any APP"s and intended to do all my check in at the pier. I looked at this new web based app and I'm green line!!!  I kept getting an error message about not being linked and hours later when I checked I'm green, go figure. It just doesn't make any sense to me so I don't get frustrated and just don't use their app. This will be my third Princess cruise since Oct without their app. 

• Like 3

Cruzsnooze, gave me a smile, too!  Good for you!  I kept trying, never would work.  I fully intended to do everything at the pier, too. 

Tracfone replaced my flip phone for "free" with this android, so I figured have to use it sometime.  I have so many minutes piled up as I haven't used a cell phone much.  It was actually kind of fun, as I was filling in my info.  Ask me a few months ago, never imagine me loading an app to a phone.

On 2/9/2022 at 6:24 PM, VibeGuy said:

that is a known bug - email or phone call to fix - it’s a mismatch between a hidden field and the one you can modify in Medallion. 

Thanks, initially our TA defaulted to LAX for us, since we are in California. She did change booking info but I had to contact Customer Service to have it fixed. Jus checked Medallion App and same problem there 😞 So not a new problem with Web Based access.

17 hours ago, CeeCee59 said:

I had that issue, but when I added the International Code to my phone number, then I was able to indicate my home airport.

I have country code in my personal info, so that does not work for me. Strangely, DW has our local airport saved correctly in Medallion App?????

ETA I went back to Personal Information, and it did not have an address for me, even though I had green check mark. I added address and emergency airport now saves OK. It must have lost my address somehow.

Edited by Tedferg

Since I found this discussion this morning I went on line and was successful for my Feb. 28th cruise, except for the security photo.    I have no idea how I would do that, but I guess it will keep my time at the counter to a minimum since everything else has been successfully entered.    I'm glad they put this back on the web.    Maybe someday they will have a security photo only line for those of us who can't manage that on a computer.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BETELVE said:

Since I found this discussion this morning I went on line and was successful for my Feb. 28th cruise, except for the security photo.    I have no idea how I would do that, but I guess it will keep my time at the counter to a minimum since everything else has been successfully entered.    I'm glad they put this back on the web.    Maybe someday they will have a security photo only line for those of us who can't manage that on a computer.

Does the Photo section have an Upload capability? I uploaded photos from our Pictures Folder.

I still can't check in on the web site--it won't load--but i was able to check us both in on the app--at least i think so.  I didn't upload photos yet and maybe won't since i know they can do that at the port.

Medallions ordered, now just have to complete the final health requirements.  We are in the blue lane, probably because we are coming in the morning of the cruise using EZ air.  

I really hate doing complicated things like this on my phone, much easier for me on a computer, but hopefully it is done.

I was in the blue lane before I even did all the check-in stuff on the app.  Probably because of our air arrival time.  I think our incomplete is because of the health questions that you have to answer last minute that can't be done before.

16 hours ago, Nebr.cruiser said:

I was in the blue lane before I even did all the check-in stuff on the app.  Probably because of our air arrival time.  I think our incomplete is because of the health questions that you have to answer last minute that can't be done before.

I don't know if it helps you, but when I got to green on the web without the photo, I answered the health questions and was told also to check back just before sailing.

7 hours ago, BETELVE said:

I don't know if it helps you, but when I got to green on the web without the photo, I answered the health questions and was told also to check back just before sailing.

I *think* I have done all that I can do for now.  I can upload photos, just wasn't ready to do it at the time.  I would much rather use photos we already have in my gallery or on the computer but haven't figured that out yet.  

We will see what happens as it gets closer.  We are flying in on EZ air the day of the cruise, so I thought maybe we are in a later lane due to our arrival time.

On 2/11/2022 at 9:10 AM, Tedferg said:

I have country code in my personal info, so that does not work for me. Strangely, DW has our local airport saved correctly in Medallion App?????

ETA I went back to Personal Information, and it did not have an address for me, even though I had green check mark. I added address and emergency airport now saves OK. It must have lost my address somehow.

Did you use the country code field or did you add the country code free form into the telephone number field?

On 2/9/2022 at 5:36 PM, azbirdmom said:

I had heard that a link was added to the Personalizer to allow check in on the web and found it (circled in yellow in the screenshot below).  We are checked in for all of our booked cruises but I am just wondering if this link actually works or if it's just another frustrating attempt at cleaning up the mess that was created when this was all moved to the Medallion

image.thumb.png.e812f7ea71eb1d7cadc79816babc1f95.png

Thank you very much!!!

• Like 1

No luck with the online web check-in.  Error message.  😌  Tried a few times over a few days.

We had already put info in the app for upcoming voyages successfully.  But, not without a lot of headache and time spent!  One thing that seemed to make a big difference (and as recommended by our PVP) is that he was able to input on his end both our "emergency" airport and our emergency contact info. The app worked much much better after that.

With a recently booked cruise coming up, went back to the app again.  Noooo!!

It just kept flashing on and off on the screen.  (We have two fairly new phones less than a year old, an iPhone and an Android (me) and each got the same response from the app).

So, on a hunch, I totally deleted the stupid thing.  Restarted my phone.  Reinstalled the app from the Play Store and ...

Wow, it actually worked.  Had all of our previous info, and was able to input all the necessary info for our newest cruise.  She did the same with her iPhone and yes, that worked well too.

Hope this helps someone !

No luck after several tries. Had always booked thru an independent travel agent(not thru Princess) and all the work was done for us. She mailed us printed copies. Sadly she retired from her travel business due to the pandemic. Wonder if booking thru an independent agent(rather than Princess) would solve the frustration problem.