Has Anyone Successfully Checked-In for a Cruise Since the Option was Added Back to the Website?

azbirdmom

Tried it just now, seems to be stuck on loading, not working.  I can check in at the pier but I like early traditional dining, always ask for it as soon as I book.

I got rid of my Trac flip phone, took one of the free ones they offered because I have minutes to use.  I'm not very proficient plus have no idea about loading an app.  I did manage to get Google/Email on it, by accident as it recognized the wifi I have for my laptop.

Yes, I'm technology challenged.

Edited by susancruzs
  • Like 1

I had managed to get into the green lane for our April cruise using a Chromebook...then after less than a week the Chromebook locked up (it turned into a 3 pound brick). Sent it back for a refund yesterday. So glad I did. This thread just save me $300!

I clicked on the link that @manunia posted and IT WORKED!!!!!!

I'm now in the green lane for our April cruise AND our November cruise. WHOOPEE!!!

Edited by JF - retired RRT
  • Like 3

Sounds like for some it's a winner, for others, not so much.  And it's sad that the quirks of the app seem to be mirrored in the web version.  Here's hoping that they get the bugs worked out so that preparing for a cruise will be easy again.

I was just told about the website check in on Tuesday by Princess customer relations. Of course, they were telling me about it for a cruise departing today and the Personalizer was already closed. But since reading this post, I tried to check DH in online for a cruise departing in 6 weeks and was able to do a few things. For some reason, it won’t accept the credit card that has been in the app since last July. Don’t know what that’s about. And I still get the white screen of death and the screen below while trying to navigate through the process. So it’s better than a non-working app,  but it’s not perfect. 

751079FF-43D0-400F-B7AF-EAE017965598.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Sounds like for some it's a winner, for others, not so much.  And it's sad that the quirks of the app seem to be mirrored in the web version.  Here's hoping that they get the bugs worked out so that preparing for a cruise will be easy again.

I'm just glad it worked for me...the app wouldn't let me do much of anything.

33 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

For some reason, it won’t accept the credit card that has been in the app since last July.

this - it wouldn't accept the cc we used on our just completed Regal cruise - but I thought maybe because that cruise was booked under my wife's name ( special nurse rate ) and the cruise I was trying to add the credit card to is in my name.

I did load a different card - and all is good for 'now' - green lane for November

1 minute ago, voljeep said:

this - it wouldn't accept the cc we used on our just completed Regal cruise - but I thought maybe because that cruise was booked under my wife's name ( special nurse rate ) and the cruise I was trying to add the credit card to is in my name.

I did load a different card - and all is good for 'now' - green lane for November

I will try deleting and adding back the same card (our Princess Visa) once DH returns with it. November…you’re in good shape. I had been trying for several weeks to get DH Ocean Ready for his cruise today. After dropped calls and wait times, he said he would just wing it, and I’m sure he’ll be fine,  but I wanted to keep trying until the end. On another thread I posted what I’ve gone through just since Saturday (grrrrr, including being told they had no record of the cruise booking number), and by the time someone at Princess told me about online check in, his Personalizer was closed. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

I tried and here's the message I get

You do not have any journeys. Select Link Booking to add one.

The link journeys doesn't click

This is exactly what my husband gets.  We have an "expedited" ticket in but no luck yet.

7 minutes ago, pompeii said:

This is exactly what my husband gets.  We have an "expedited" ticket in but no luck yet.

We seem to have the same issues.  Personally, I'm relieved to know that I'm not the only one having problems with the app and holding on to an "expedited" ticket as well, but there's also a part of me that is tremendously sad for Princess to know that there are still too many of us in this same boat.

27 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

Have no idea what an expedited ticket means. 

I have been told by four different Ocean Navigators over the past six months that they would be submitting an "expedited" ticket to the IT department.  My interpretation as to what that means has morphed from "having priority" to being the tech-equivalent of "the check is in the mail." 🥴

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

Have no idea what an expedited ticket means. 

When you report a problem to the Ocean Medallion team they create a work “ticket”. An expedited ticket moves to the front of the work list so hopefully issue is resolved more quickly.  

• Like 1

Don’t know how it happened but before we left on our current cruise,  received a call from an Ocean Navigator (?) and she told me that her records showed my husband wasn’t on the green line due to a problem with his credit  card info which i knew about and hadn't been able to correct. She corrected the error for the 28 January cruise plus 5 other future cruises in 2022.   My SIL has the same problem with his credit card with a March cruise booking he shares with my DH. She marked down to call back on  7 March if she saw the problem still existed for his credit card. She did tell me what i was doing wrong when filling the medallion app  

So . . . after getting message above in red, too, I decided how hard can this be?  Turned on my new Samsung, found Google play and loaded the app.  Several hours later some things worked, others not so much.  Medallion part worked fine, ordered it + lanyard.  Critical info like my passport. nope.  I don't have ability to scan so manually entered everything, but it isn't showing.

I didn't have much to do today, but did not realize it could be such a long process.  Good thing my cruises aren't until Aug./Sept.  Too bad I didn't book it as a Grand Adventure!  Oddly enough booking separate was a better price.

4 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

I tried and here's the message I get

You do not have any journeys. Select Link Booking to add one.

The link journeys doesn't click

That is the message I’ve been getting on the medallion for over a month. I’ve made several calls, and they can’t figure it out since dh’s app works. Tickets have been sent in three times without success, and we’re sailing on Feb. 28.   I went to cruise personalizer, and I’m in the green lane and I was able to print my luggage tags.  Medallion still doesn’t recognize me.  I hope they continue to expand what can be done online. 

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

@pompeiiI am so sorry this happened to you.  I hope you find a way to get back your original voyage.  It is paid in full.  Princess should honor that.  Keep us updated.  

No, thankfully our voyage is fine.  Everything shows up like normal in the personalizer on the website except that it says our check in is incomplete.    Plus I just called our pvp to pay for MedallionNet, and she assured us all is good.  

I'm saying that the voyage disappeared from the app so we went from green lane to nada.  If it doesn't resolve itself by sail date, we'll just show up at the port, check in, and collect our medallions there.  The only problem is that we'll have to visit the maitre'd to make dining reservations since we can't do it on the app or the personalizer ahead of time.

Edited by pompeii

Just received notification from Princess that my Medallion Order was cancelled (not by me).  When I tried to sign in on the web, I got the page for a brief second.  I could even go to the check list.  Then, wham...gone again.

I don't know how but dumb luck, I got my info added to the app on new Samsung android phone, I barely know how to use.  I have green check marks except for the pic portion, no clue how to do that part.  I saw link a cruise so I added the booking # for the TA portion and it worked!  Awesome not having to fill everything out a 2nd time!  I noticed my April 4th Australia/NZ cruise is listed, too.  

Just spent an hour on live chat with Princess trying to re-order my medallion that was cancelled.  She first said that they were updating the app.  Would not answer when web based became active.

I have tried the web based program a couple of times while chatting.  The very last time I tried, it looked like everything was working...except my ability to change credit cards.  Not a major issue.  Will wait on this.  

Will will the "fun" begin?  

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Just received notification from Princess that my Medallion Order was cancelled (not by me).  When I tried to sign in on the web, I got the page for a brief second.  I could even go to the check list.  Then, wham...gone again.

That happened to DH today too, for his cruise in six weeks. Don’t know why.