Has Anyone Successfully Checked-In for a Cruise Since the Option was Added Back to the Website?

azbirdmom

I had heard that a link was added to the Personalizer to allow check in on the web and found it (circled in yellow in the screenshot below).  We are checked in for all of our booked cruises but I am just wondering if this link actually works or if it's just another frustrating attempt at cleaning up the mess that was created when this was all moved to the Medallion

image.thumb.png.e812f7ea71eb1d7cadc79816babc1f95.png

Edited by azbirdmom
  • Thanks 6

• azbirdmom changed the title to Has Anyone Successfully Checked-In for a Cruise Since the Option was Added Back to the Website?

When I hot check-in, I get the following:

Please use the Medallion app's Travel Checklist to complete the following required information to expedite your arrival experience:

• Order and Customize Your Medallion
  • Personal Info
  • Travel Docs
  • Security & Profile Photos
  • MedallionPay & PIN Code
  • Emergency Information
  • Arrival & Departure Groups
  • Passage Contract
  • Health Questionaire
  • Boarding Pass

3 minutes ago, crawford said:

When I hot check-in, I get the following:

Please use the Medallion app's Travel Checklist to complete the following required information to expedite your arrival experience:

• Order and Customize Your Medallion
  • Personal Info
  • Travel Docs
  • Security & Profile Photos
  • MedallionPay & PIN Code
  • Emergency Information
  • Arrival & Departure Groups
  • Passage Contract
  • Health Questionaire
  • Boarding Pass

You don't see it under the App Store and Google Play pictures?  It's also on the Summary tab too.  I'm using Chrome and I refreshed the screen so everything is up to date.

image.png.30d8339012bf40cb954f24d2324fc2bc.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was just able to add my credit card via this link.

I've been trying to add it via the app for months, and it said the card already existed even though the app insisted that I had no card on record.

Thanks for pointing out the link!

I'm now in the green lane!

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

I've been trying to add it via the app for months, and it said the card already existed even though the app insisted that I had no card on record.

Excellent!  Glad it's functioning.  A definite step in the right direction.

• Like 4

Just now, Tedferg said:

Well mine does not have Emergency Return Airport, which I have input previously in Medallion App. Also when I choose my home airport it says it is not in the same region as my address

that is a known bug - email or phone call to fix - it’s a mismatch between a hidden field and the one you can modify in Medallion. 

52 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

I had heard that a link was added to the Personalizer to allow check in on the web and found it (circled in yellow in the screenshot below).  We are checked in for all of our booked cruises but I am just wondering if this link actually works or if it's just another frustrating attempt at cleaning up the mess that was created when this was all moved to the Medallion

image.thumb.png.e812f7ea71eb1d7cadc79816babc1f95.png

That's been there for quite awhile now. Does not allow check in on the web.

Wish I had known this earlier today while trying to use the app.  It was frustrating and I think a few things didn't work right.  I just went there and saw it.  I clicked on it but it didn't download much.  I backed out and clicked again.  Now there is more stuff but I can't login.  It seems like the page is not active.  

Edited by dickinson
  • Like 1

Thanks for posting this!  I was finally able to confirm everything.  I'm not sure why no one at Princess never suggested trying this when I called there.  What's funny is even the Medallion app is still not corrected with my bookings.  I know they will fix it, but it is just frustrating.  Thanks again!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CineGraphic said:

I had the exact same problem with credit card...it just got resolved today by a support rep.  I was not aware that the Personalizer was "back" as promised months ago!

• Like 2

Just checked it out. Seems to be working fine but I'm already all checked in. I did click on some of the links and it has the info. I "think" this may be why many of us were unable to log in the other day - they were likely adding this. It's a bit boggling that it's a tiny little link that most folks won't see unless it's pointed out. Many thanks to @azbirdmom for making us aware of this.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

You don't see it under the App Store and Google Play pictures?  It's also on the Summary tab too.  I'm using Chrome and I refreshed the screen so everything is up to date.

image.png.30d8339012bf40cb954f24d2324fc2bc.png

Princess OCEAN strikes again!!!  So, no announcement that it is there.  A tiny URL link easily over-looked.  IDK how long it has been there, but I never noticed it. 

I tried the link.  It opened an OCEAN page with login option of ID/PSWD or NAME/BOOKING/BDATE, plus a language preference - similar to MC App login. 

My login took, but all I got was a blank page after that.  I also tried voyage login with booking number and that didn't work. 

I don't have any MC App issues right now (other than DMW functionality failings in design/delivery).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Princess OCEAN strikes again!!!  So, no announcement that it is there.  A tiny URL link easily over-looked.  IDK how long it has been there, but I never noticed it. 

I tried the link.  It opened an OCEAN page with login option of ID/PSWD or NAME/BOOKING/BDATE, plus a language preference - similar to MC App login. 

My login took, but all I got was a blank page after that.  I also tried voyage login with booking number and that didn't work. 

I don't have any MC App issues right now (other than DMW functionality failings in design/delivery).

If I refresh the blank Personal Information page in CHROME, I get another blank page with red type error that I don't have any voyages.  So, I am not yet prepared to declare this better than MC App.  In fact, it seems like "here we go again".

• Like 2

Thanks for pointing out the link that allows us to use a computer to fill in our boarding information. Although it's still not accepting the checked boxes under the Passage Contract & COVID-19 Risk Notification or Acceptance tab. I was able to do it on the phone previously and was in the green line, but now it's no longer checked and back to blue line status.

4 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

And why should we have to select Language all the time?  

I just logged in without selecting a language from the dropdown at all and it took me in with everything in English.  So maybe you only need to select a language if you want something other than English.

• Thanks 1

Unfortunately, it doesn't work for us.  Our March 10 Hawaii booking disappeared off my medallion app after I cancelled a courtesy hold I had put on the cruise right before it.  Even though I never actually booked the previous cruise, the app lumped them together as a b2b.  When the hold expired, both cruises disappeared off the app (the courtesy hold and the cruise booked in full.)  We had been green lane with arrival group B, and had our QR code.  Now, after the mistake of making that courtesy hold, we have nothing.

When I use the link on the website, it just mirrors whatever is in my app.  In other words, if it doesn't work in the app it doesn't work on the website either.  If I try to log in using the booking number for the March cruise, it takes me to a completely different cruise we have in November.  If I try to add it, the app says it is already part of my journey.  On my husband's app, the cruise does show up under his journeys, but when we try to do anything in it, we get a red message saying he doesn't have any linked bookings.  

I spoke to the medallion people on Monday who expedited our issues to the IT people and said it should be fixed in 72 hours.  No changes yet.

Edited by pompeii
  • Like 1