Cruise Ban extended a further 2 months till April 17th

rkmw

4 hours ago, NSWP said:

I trust they got a police permit to rally, otherwise Sydney's finest👮‍♂️Will be there sorting them out, cracking a few skulls, lol.

Les, Cruising Honey has the proper paperwork for the rally

• Like 1

I was under the impression we have a right to protest.

I remember being pressured into a protest rally years ago, the first and  to date the last.

It was at Parliament House Sydney and it got taken over by the ratbags.

Things started to turn sour and our friends moved away from the crowd.
It was entertainment and we where chatting between our self about everything and anything.

Then in our group of good friends, about 20. There’s these strange faces.

They where spooks , we asked who are you  and  the just walked away.
15 minutes later there was more, just eves dropping on our conversation.

We got out of there.

Edited by Chiliburn

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

I recon you Princess cruisers should attend and burn those Princess Medallions in protest.

BFAB6840-42F6-499E-84F8-695D2D279BCC.jpeg.711e803ff0936d24a05be9ae9810fe5e.jpeg

I haven't had a chance to get a medallion yet. 😁Our last cruise was on the Sea Princess 23rd Feb-8th Mar 2020 just before cruising was 'paused'. No medallion.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

The Northern Territory government has lifted its ban on cruise ships. 🙂 It just needs the feds to agree to let ships into Aussie waters. With one government making this announcement, maybe it won't be long before the eastern states take the same step.

Is there a link to this ,thanks 

3 hours ago, Hogbay said:

Is there a link to this ,thanks 

Now that full details are published, I see that it is for ships with up to 350 pax plus crew. Previously they allowed ships with up to 150 pax plus crew. Maybe one small step ........

Edited by Aus Traveller
  • Like 1

Nothing new there unfortunately.

Now to add to the frustration of cruisers (and the stupidity of the NSW government) NSW is dropping most of the remaining restrictions for day-to-day living. Some restrictions remain for hospitals, aged care homes and large events. They're happy to do this while NSW is still getting thousands of cases per day but cruise ships aren't allowed back yet. 🙄🤬

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Nothing new there unfortunately.

Now to add to the frustration of cruisers (and the stupidity of the NSW government) NSW is dropping most of the remaining restrictions for day-to-day living. Some restrictions remain for hospitals, aged care homes and large events. They're happy to do this while NSW is still getting thousands of cases per day but cruise ships aren't allowed back yet. 🙄🤬

Go figure?

go-figure - Chunk of Change

I believe we are now on the cusp of moving from pandemic to endemic, particularly in view of the removal of many Covid rules in several states.   Our political "rulers" must realise that Cruisers are (voting) adults who can make measured decisions on how they wish to holiday and if that be on a cruise ship,  they must be given that choice.   Cruise Lines have put in place protocols on their ships which, I believe,  go beyond those that you would find in your local huge Westfield shopping centre.   At this time I would feel  more comfortable on a cruise ship than visit a shopping centre which would be inhabited by thousands of vaxed, partially vaxed and non-vaxed persons.   

Open up Australia to all cruise ships NOW and stop using this issue as a political football.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CCC's said:

I believe we are now on the cusp of moving from pandemic to endemic, particularly in view of the removal of many Covid rules in several states.   Our political "rulers" must realise that Cruisers are (voting) adults who can make measured decisions on how they wish to holiday and if that be on a cruise ship,  they must be given that choice.   Cruise Lines have put in place protocols on their ships which, I believe,  go beyond those that you would find in your local huge Westfield shopping centre.   At this time I would feel  more comfortable on a cruise ship than visit a shopping centre which would be inhabited by thousands of vaxed, partially vaxed and non-vaxed persons.   

Open up Australia to all cruise ships NOW and stop using this issue as a political football.  

Your thoughts on the safety and cleanliness of future cruise ships is exactly the same as ours.

2 hours ago, CCC's said:

I think everyone on CC would agree. It's the pollies who need to hear it. Send that to your local Federal member, all the Senators from your state, the Minister for Tourism, the Minister for Health, and the PM. Then start on the state equivalents.

I'd be surprised if anything happens before the election, but I would love to be surprised.

I just hope that will not be too late to save the 22/23 cruise season. Carnival shifting Spirit away has knocked some of the optimism out of me. ☹️

4 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

I think everyone on CC would agree. It's the pollies who need to hear it. Send that to your local Federal member, all the Senators from your state, the Minister for Tourism, the Minister for Health, and the PM. Then start on the state equivalents.

I'd be surprised if anything happens before the election, but I would love to be surprised.

I just hope that will not be too late to save the 22/23 cruise season. Carnival shifting Spirit away has knocked some of the optimism out of me. ☹️

I have sent emails to Fed and state ministers, also was taking to A Friend about Carnival Spirit. Sitting in warm lockdown to full crew takes weeks and that's the reason they move her to the US to be fully operational .Spirit can be relocated in about a week when there's a green light .