New Amex Offer?

billslowsky

I received a co-branded Celebrity / American Express brochure in the mail today, told me I could go to a link provided that started with American Express and ended with Celebrity Cruises, and see my "offer", through March 27, 2022.  Of course (why else would I post?) the link took me to no such offer, there wasn't anything from Celebrity on the list of offers to sign up for.

Did anyone have any success with this?

4 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Have you looked through your full list of offers on the Amex account?   I had one from awhile back and was able to take advantage of spend $500 and get $150 back.  There is another offer which involves rewards points.

I have literally 100 listed on my account.  Maybe I'll accept some of them that expire soon and see if more come up.

15 hours ago, billslowsky said:

see my "offer", through March 27, 2022.  Of course (why else would I post?) the link took me to no such offer, there wasn't anything from Celebrity on the list of offers to sign up for.

Did anyone have any success with this?

I got the same mailing, and I believe that it is referring to an offer that I and Player Two both got a couple months ago ($150 off $500) and we've already used. The expiration date was the same for that offer. We did not get a new offer.

19 minutes ago, publicpersona said:

I got the same mailing, and I believe that it is referring to an offer that I and Player Two both got a couple months ago ($150 off $500) and we've already used. The expiration date was the same for that offer. We did not get a new offer.

Thanks.  I have learned that Amex doesn't update the offers until you clear out (accept) some of the available ones...  mine was sitting on 100 unused ones, I accepted 25 or so that I'll never use and they were replaced with different ones - but not Celebrity.

First thing I check when just browsing a cruise booking are the AMEX offers.  They’ve ranged from OBC to additional points to free wine/Champagne.

There’s usually something they offer.

But, they change from card to card.  What’s relevant for an AMEX issued Platinum card (for example) isn’t relevant for a Delta branded AMEX Platinum card.  

Edited by graphicguy

16 minutes ago, billslowsky said:

Thanks.  I have learned that Amex doesn't update the offers until you clear out (accept) some of the available ones...  mine was sitting on 100 unused ones, I accepted 25 or so that I'll never use and they were replaced with different ones - but not Celebrity.

I did not know this. Thanks!

1 hour ago, librarylady19 said:

There is an offer on the Blue  Cash Preferred Amex for $150 off $500 through 3/27/22. 

I had it on the Everyday Amex. Seems it's on a few cards. I was one of the ones that spent $500 ONCE, and got $150 and 15,000 membership points. 

• Like 2

When I booked my upcoming APEX cruise, I had an AMEX Platinum of $300 OBC if I paid with the AMEX.  But, I think that offer went away, as I know longer see it.  It does show up on my Celebrity cruise planner, though. 

I got in right under the wire.

In the US,  it was limited as it has been in past offers.  You had to add it to your card before the threshold was met (Unknown what level  triggered that).  After their threshold is met, it is no longer available to be added to your card.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ORV said:

I had it on the Everyday Amex. Seems it's on a few cards. I was one of the ones that spent $500 ONCE, and got $150 and 15,000 membership points. 

Winner winner chicken dinner!

1 hour ago, sfaaa said:

Is this a new Amex offer or the old one carried over from last year?

Same one. The one I used late last year also expired late March of 2022.

On 2/18/2022 at 4:35 PM, jy0ung1 said:

OLD Expires 3/27

That’s what my TA said.   Had to use it by 3/27.  And, had to “opt in” one of AMEX’s special offers they send to me monthly.  

Not sure what the qualifiers were, but I used to use my AMEX Plat for business travel…a lot.  So, I would imagine given I just retired, some of those really good perks will go away given my AMEX spending is in a nose dive.

Edited by graphicguy

I am sure everyone is aware of the Cruise Privileges Program for Platinum AMEX holders.

Cruise Privileges Program

Receive valuable amenities on sailings of five nights or more with your American Express Card.1

$100 - $300 per stateroom shipboard credit

Additional exclusive amenities unique to each cruise line

Earn one extra Membership Rewards® point on each dollar you spend per booking with American Express Travel‡

• Like 1

For those who have not taken advantage of this yet, it works for Celebrity Air as well.  We have 4 plat. cards on our account.  I made $500 payments from each card and was able to get $600 back then my card came up with an additional one of 15,000 bonus points, so put another $500 down and got that.  It was very easy to use different cards to make payments online.  

• Like 2

I have the offer on my Platinum card. Question to this group: If you book with Amex Travel you get the perks of the Cruise Privilege Program and the special offer. Does anyone know if you book a sky suite, do you also get the perks that come with that cabin class (Retreat on new ships). Retreat benefit is $400 pp OBC, premium drinks, tips, wi-fi, etc. Trying to figure out if you get both. It seems like the cabin class benefit would not be dependent on how you book/pay for the cruise. Thoughts?

If Celebrity is offering OBC, the AMEX Platinum OBC is additional and can be added to your Celebrity OBC.  Perks like Streaming internet, tips, etc are also included and in addition to the AMEX OBC.

If you book a "SIMPLY SAIL" Retreat rate, then no perks are offered.  So, not sure about AMEX's OBC perk.  I don't see why they wouldn't offer it, though.

Edited by graphicguy