Zenith back in the Retreat

cruising teacher

Harris -  That's interesting as I know a number of Zenith's currently at sea and they are not being given access as of last week.     I'll have to ping them and send them a copy of the FAQ.

In late January Andrea Shea sent out an email saying they hoped to be able to re-open access to Zeniths but at the current times the Covid distancing limitations prevent that.

14 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Harris -  That's interesting as I know a number of Zenith's currently at sea and they are not being given access as of last week.     I'll have to ping them and send them a copy of the FAQ.

In late January Andrea Shea sent out an email saying they hoped to be able to re-open access to Zeniths but at the current times the Covid distancing limitations prevent that.

Jim,

The way I took the FAQ sheet is referring to how things are in  "normal times", with the current exclusion being truly temporary.  Considering the oft repeated promise that Zeniths would be allowed again, I'd say it seems likely, and the FAQs woudl seem designed with that in mind.

Harris

Denver, CO

11 minutes ago, omeinv said:

Jim,

The way I took the FAQ sheet is referring to how things are in  "normal times", with the current exclusion being truly temporary.  Considering the oft repeated promise that Zeniths would be allowed again, I'd say it seems likely, and the FAQs woudl seem designed with that in mind.

Harris

Denver, CO

I agree.   We almost always sail in Suites so not an issue for us but we miss being able to have a drink in Retreat with some of our Zenith friends.  

Even when Zenith's were allowed in I never saw the Retreat lounge with more than 20% except on Officers Party where it was almost standing room only, but due to the fact that most Suite Guests attended. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I kind of raise my eyebrows a bit on this.  A few Zeniths on the ship which is sailing at 1/3 to 1/2 capacity anyway.  How could that possibly make a difference COVID-wise?  Are Zenith members causing COVID spikes on board?

• Haha 1

On transatlantic sailings we have been on there were a surprising number of Zenith guests and the lounge was full especially pre dinner. I'm not sure it is a good idea to have open access, perhaps some timed access?  Im not sure how they can limit it to the lounge and not the deck as you can just walk up the stairs!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tony UK said:

On transatlantic sailings we have been on there were a surprising number of Zenith guests and the lounge was full especially pre dinner. I'm not sure it is a good idea to have open access, perhaps some timed access?  Im not sure how they can limit it to the lounge and not the deck as you can just walk up the stairs!

It's a suite perk, they should pay for it if they want to use it

• Like 4

The lounge also been a Zenith perk for about 10 years (since the advent of also being a suite lounge).  They have "paid" for it with their loyalty and $$ spent on Celebrity.

Edited by wrk2cruise
  • Like 12

1 minute ago, wrk2cruise said:

The lounge also been a Zenith perk for about 10 years.  They have "paid" for it with their loyalty and $$ spent on Celebrity.

Nope, it was designed for paying suite guests, because of a lot of squawking, they tweaked it.  Zeniths, zephyrs, ruby, emeralds whatever, go to your "club" you all rave about

Edited by LGW59
  • Like 6

Just now, LGW59 said:

Nope, it was designed for paying suite guests.  Zeniths, zephyrs, ruby, emeralds whatever, go to your "club" you all rave about

That is not true.  It was originally a Captains Club area long before it was a suite passenger area.

• Like 6

You need to check your facts.  I think you may be thinking about Sky Suites.   I was in a RS when the "Suite Life" was introduced in 2014 with only CS and above in the MC lounge and no Luminae.  There were Zeniths in there at that time.  I've been sailing on Celebrity since 2004 and seen MC transition from Cigar Bar to Piano Bar to Captains Club Elite Happy Hour Lounge to Suite Lounge (really VIP lounge).

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I agree.   We almost always sail in Suites so not an issue for us but we miss being able to have a drink in Retreat with some of our Zenith friends.  

Even when Zenith's were allowed in I never saw the Retreat lounge with more than 20% except on Officers Party where it was almost standing room only, but due to the fact that most Suite Guests attended. 

18 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

You need to check your facts.  I think you may be thinking about Sky Suites.   I was in a RS when the "Suite Life" was introduced in 2014 with only CS and above in the MC lounge and no Luminae.  There were Zeniths in there at that time.  I've been sailing on Celebrity since 2004 and seen MC transition from Cigar Bar to Piano Bar to Captains Club Elite Happy Hour Lounge to Suite Lounge (really VIP lounge).

E-class

That wasn't true on my sailing on Apex Feb 5.

There were two big group arranging furniture every night  during happy hours.

So from the 3rd. day I stop going in there for drinks.

There was nothing the concierge could do.

They can't make both side happy.

When in Luminae they were sitting by the wall next to the kitchen and the rest of us sited by the windows.

Edited by verizon

40 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

It's a suite perk, they should pay for it if they want to use it

I'm wondering if you attitude would be different if Celebrity had decided to bar Sky Suite Guest like it was when the Suite Lounges were first open.     I suspect the SS would be up in arms claiming contract violation etc. 

I can assure you there was quite an uproar from the Upper Suite Guests when they first allowed SS in. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, verizon said:

That wasn't true on my sailing on Apex Feb 5.

There were two big group arranging furniture every night  during happy hours.

So from the 3rd. day I stop going in there for drinks.

There was nothing the concierge could do.

They can't make both side happy.

When in Luminae they were sitting by the wall next to the kitchen and the rest of us sited by the windows.

Unless things have changed. Luminae is for Suites passengers or guest of Suites passengers only.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I'm wondering if you attitude would be different if Celebrity had decided to bar Sky Suite Guest like it was when the Suite Lounges were first open.     I suspect the SS would be up in arms claiming contract violation etc. 

I can assure you there was quite an uproar from the Upper Suite Guests when they first allowed SS in. 

But SS and above were advertised as having the retreat area, regardless of SS, CS, Royal, PH etc.  At the end of the day, I truly don't care if they come in or not, they just squawk so much about what we have paid over the years etc. and what we are now losing.  I know what I have paid and am paying to Retreat benefits, as I said let them in, I am just trying to make a point.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Your history is flawed.  Michael’s Club was the site of captain’s Club Elite Happy Hour long before E class ships existed.  

But there has never been a Michael's Club on E-class, that is a fact.  I know the Zenith's and Zephyr's lament that but it is what it is. 

9 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

But they were still in suites and using the system as advertised and promoted