Which specialty restaurants on the Bliss?

etravel

It is the time that we can make our 2 specialty restaurant reservations on the Bliss..we are in the Haven, so will eat there most nights..but not sure which to choose..probably Cagney's and then would you go with the French, the Italian,Teppanyaki,  or maybe the Texas BBQ for something different? We enjoy all kinds of dining, so what are the favorites? 

You can't get the teppanyaki show/experience in the Haven restaurant, but I guess you can get it from Youtube.  Just look at the menus posted here are on NCL's website and chose based on what you want to eat.

Edited by n4w

10 minutes ago, etravel said:

It is the time that we can make our 2 specialty restaurant reservations on the Bliss..we are in the Haven, so will eat there most nights..but not sure which to choose..probably Cagney's and then would you go with the French, the Italian,Teppanyaki,  or maybe the Texas BBQ for something different? We enjoy all kinds of dining, so what are the favorites? 

Le Bistro is our favorite, followed by Los Lobos, Ocean Blue, and Food Republic.  Teppanyaki is a lot of fun, and the food is quite good, but although it makes for a fun evening once in a while, I wouldn't want a steady diet of it.  I'm from Texas, so my standards for barbeque are quite high.  NCL's Q restaurants just aren't up to scratch.  If you've never had good bbq before, then you may find it intriguing.  If you've ever had real bbq before, though, you'll be glad you avoided the Q on Norwegian.

• Like 2

I wouldn't spend an SDP credit on Q, it's inexpensive enough to spend out of pocket if you REALLY want to try it.  I agree with Le Bistro as a 'top of the list' suggestion, just be aware of the requested attire for the venue as it's different from most others.  It's not a tux-required place, but definitely pants and polo shirt for the men and nice pants or skirt and blouse for the women.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, hallux said:

I wouldn't spend an SDP credit on Q, it's inexpensive enough to spend out of pocket if you REALLY want to try it.  I agree with Le Bistro as a 'top of the list' suggestion, just be aware of the requested attire for the venue as it's different from most others.  It's not a tux-required place, but definitely pants and polo shirt for the men and nice pants or skirt and blouse for the women.

All good points! Sounds like a winner with Le Bistro for sure...We did eat there when on the Getaway some years ago and I do remember it being great...and we like to dress up a bit in the evenings so that's good with us!!! 

Q and Los Lobos are good too, but you really don't need to use a SDP credit at either one to give them a try.   At Q, we enjoyed a 'lighter' meal of some appetizers like loaded fries.  At Los Lobos, it's fun to get the table-side guacamole along with a light entree.   

• Like 1

Just sailed Bliss last week. Cagney's has great steak. They come around and load your baked potato if you like that. It was the best side. Wedge salad was fine. The other sides at Cagney's were not great. Don't fall for the upcharge for crab cakes, they aren't that good. It's very surprising for a steakhouse.
As for Q, it's a crap shoot. The ribs and chicken were the best. The sausage is good but spicy. The brisket was not good the day we dined there. Baked beans and slaw are okay. Potato salad is terrible. Mac Cheese is just okay. Wasn't a huge fan of the jalapeno/cheese cornbread. I too suffer from living in a place with well regarded BBQ, and Q falls way short. It's unfortunate. 
Stick with Teppanyaki or Le Bistro. 

• Like 1

We've just come off 37 days on the Bliss.

Certainly Le Bistro is the top choice.  Doesn't have any outside tables, but a great view from the window seats as it's so high on the ship. Food is the best. 

Cagneys is nearly as good (perhaps a bit too much food), and has great outside tables on 8.  Ocean Blue outside tables are less comfortable but the food quality is very good as well.

Los Lobos and Food Republic are not in the same league.  The guacamole made tableside at Los Lobos is a nice performance, but some other choices were disappointing.

We tried La Cucina and Q but neither was worth going back to.

Teppenyaki is a great show and food, but not something to repeat too often (we went twice)..  

If we had just two choices, we'd pick Le Bistro and Cagney's.

Edited by Rob_H
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, etravel said:

It is the time that we can make our 2 specialty restaurant reservations on the Bliss..we are in the Haven, so will eat there most nights..but not sure which to choose..

We would pick Le Bistro and Teppanyaki. 

Most folks would pick Le Bistro and Cagney's Steakhouse. Pre-pandemic and Post-Pandemic shutdown, the quality of food and service in Cagney's has been on a steady decline across the fleet. Cagney's is current near the bottom of our list. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, etravel said:

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/ncl-dining-guide-121418.pdf

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rob_H said:

We've just come off 37 days on the Bliss.

Certainly Le Bistro is the top choice.  Doesn't have any outside tables, but a great view from the window seats as it's so high on the ship. Food is the best. 

Cagneys is nearly as good (perhaps a bit too much food), and has great outside tables on 8.  Ocean Blue outside tables are less comfortable but the food quality is very good as well.

Los Lobos and Food Republic are not in the same league.  The guacamole made tableside at Los Lobos is a nice performance, but some other choices were disappointing.

We tried La Cucina and Q but neither was worth going back to.

Teppenyaki is a great show and food, but not something to repeat too often (we went twice)..  

If we had just two choices, we'd pick Le Bistro and Cagney's.

37 Days!!!! You lucky kids!!! How fun! Did you also try Ocean Blue? We really liked it as well on the Getaway...loved their seafood! What would you think of doing Le Bistro and Ocean Blue? 

I guess I am in the minority, because I actually like Los Lobos and Q. I wouldn't waste a specialty dining credit on Q, as their food is fairly inexpensive a la carte. They have this big platter thing that my husband and I have shared several times that only costs $22? Maybe it's $27? Anyway, cheap enough if it feeds both of us.

Los Lobos, I LOVE the street corn. I also really like the enchiladas. We have paid out-of-pocket there as well, since the pricing is reasonable. Definitely save your dining credits for the pricier places if you think you might do more than the included 2 nights of specialty dining.

I am not a big fan of Cagney's. The filet at Le Bistro is way better. OMG, the filet with foi gras on the new menu is probably my favorite thing I have ever eaten anywhere.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, etravel said:

37 Days!!!! You lucky kids!!! How fun! Did you also try Ocean Blue? We really liked it as well on the Getaway...loved their seafood! What would you think of doing Le Bistro and Ocean Blue? 

Ocean Blue is great as well, we went twice, on the outside tables both times. 

Le bistro and ocean blue would make a good combination, more varied than adding Cagney's. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Rob_H said:

Ocean Blue is great as well, we went twice, on the outside tables both times. 

Le bistro and ocean blue would make a good combination, more varied than adding Cagney's. 

Rob, I think that's what I will do..what time are the shows usually like Jersey Boys? What time do you usually plan your dinners so you will be done in time for a particular show? Thanks again...

5 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Have you had the new filimage.thumb.png.a400c2a1723025ae54a9d1d4a57848d4.pnget in Le Bistro?

i glanced at my pics from my BA cruise last year. i cannot find what i ate there. sigh.normally i take food pics. 

looked at the menu and from the menu i likely would have had the filet though. 

ok found what i got..what is this ..weird i didnt try the filet

Edited by luckyinpa
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

i glanced at my pics from my BA cruise last year. i cannot find what i ate there. sigh.normally i take food pics. 

looked at the menu and from the menu i likely would have had the filet though. 

ok found what i got..what is this ..weird i didnt try the filet

Definitely too bad! The filet is sooooo good.

2 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Definitely too bad! The filet is sooooo good.

probly cause i knew i was getting 2x the serving at the hibachi i wanted to try something different.

sunday ill be in lacuchina. but again. probably wont do filet since will have it every morning in haven and then at teppanyaki again later in the week. 

14 hours ago, etravel said:

Rob, I think that's what I will do..what time are the shows usually like Jersey Boys? What time do you usually plan your dinners so you will be done in time for a particular show? Thanks again...

For the most recent two cruises on the Bliss, Jersey Boys was on two consecutive nights. First night was 6.30 and 9.30 shows (it runs 104 mins), second night was one show at 8pm. We went many times!

Other shows were normally 7 and 9, or just one show at 8.

• Like 1