“LIVE” from Enchantment of the Seas – March 05, 2022 (12Nts)

4 minutes ago, Radio said:

Hello everyone and good morning. Welcome to DAY 1 of “LIVE” from Enchantment of the Seas. I am currently enjoying a freshly brewed cup of delicious coffee while at home in Perry Hall, MD. I only have about a 20 min ride down to Cruise Maryland (Port of Baltimore) where I will begin my 12 Night Cruise on Enchantment of the Seas.

My boarding appointment is for later today at noon. The cabins should all be open by around 2 PM. I read that there has been very long line outside of the passenger terminal for recent sailings, so I may wait a little bit before I head down there. The weather forecast for today is cloudy and cold (55f).

I still must pack up the Radio Pressroom, attach my luggage tags and make sure my documents are handy to show the Terminal Representatives. I have some friends that I will be meeting on board and it will be nice to say hello again.

I will be posting next from Enchantment of the Seas this afternoon.

Thanks for tuning in.

Radio

I have about a 20 min ride to Cruise Maryland

4CM.jpg.231e3b8464fadc62ce70a357cdecd2ad.jpg

My checklist is ready

2137719951_Screenshot2022-02-25092047.thumb.png.ab4af6292531d02359ea80e4221f9f93.png

My set sail pass has been printed out.

499399038_RadioSS.png.b0434453fc6f3ac5746a7e078d7b98bc.png

My Luggage tags have been attached. . .

RadioTag0305.png.e9a632633c4c02a73cd749db4170aa12.png

We will be ready to go soon

CM2012A-vi.jpg.dce9a4b3627ca7659e587ae2db0080d6.jpg

Let us know if there's a separate line like their used to be for upper tiers and suites.  We have an 11 am arrival time and will be there by 1030 or so on 2 April.  As we all know long lines at Baltimore aren't the same as long lines at other ports with bigger ships.  

Also 221B?  What cabin is that?

1 minute ago, Radio said:

It's a joke. Those who like Sherlock Holmes will know that it is his address.

Yeah, that's not me.  I'm just used to people editing out their cabin #.  We'll be on deck 8 in a JS (only cat and deck we stay on on Vision class).  

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BND said:

We'll be on deck 8 in a JS (only cat and deck we stay on on Vision class).  

Those are nice cabins. . . I will check to see if there are separate lines.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BND said:

Let us know if there's a separate line like their used to be for upper tiers and suites.  We have an 11 am arrival time and will be there by 1030 or so on 2 April.  As we all know long lines at Baltimore aren't the same as long lines at other ports with bigger ships.  

When we sailed Enchantment in February, there was no separate line for upper tiers, as there was in years gone by.  They were, however, strictly enforcing boarding times, with two separate lines for 12:30 and then 1pm, for example, and sending later people away.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

When we sailed Enchantment in February, there was no separate line for upper tiers, as there was in years gone by.  They were, however, strictly enforcing boarding times, with two separate lines for 12:30 and then 1pm, for example, and sending later people away.

I had heard that about the separate lines since they restarted and in PC there weren't either in Nov.  With an 11 am arrival time (earliest boarding time) we shouldn't have any issues.  I just don't want to have to stand in a long line.  

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

Okay @Radio Rogueperson just posted that the MDR is open for lunch today.  Can you confirm that and find out if it's a permanent change?  I'll cancel our Chops res for 2 Apr if that's the case. Thanks!

Edited by BND

2 hours ago, BND said:

On Feb 5 I was inquiring about getting my wheelchair bound DH into the terminal.  Question from employee outside “What’s your time?”  I told him and mentioned we were Pinnacle.  He said go right in.  There was an document checkpoint for Suites and Pins - no lines.   Hope that continues.  Hardest part for us until we get to the cabin where there is a scooter waiting.

1 minute ago, Lady Hudson said:

On Feb 5 I was inquiring about getting my wheelchair bound DH into the terminal.  Question from employee outside “What’s your time?”  I told him and mentioned we were Pinnacle.  He said go right in.  There was an document checkpoint for Suites and Pins - no lines.   Hope that continues.  Hardest part for us until we get to the cabin where there is a scooter waiting.

We've always been in a JS (we're D+) and have gone in through the door for quick check in (bypasses those in the regular queue) but I kept hearing they weren't doing it in Baltimore right now.  The person at the main door usually directs us to the other door

5 minutes ago, BND said:

We've always been in a JS (we're D+) and have gone in through the door for quick check in (bypasses those in the regular queue) but I kept hearing they weren't doing it in Baltimore right now.  The person at the main door usually directs us to the other door

There were others using the “quick door” besides us not handicapped.  Assuming they were top tier or suites but remember there are not many suites on EN.  I would think some were top tier.  

On 3/4/2022 at 11:09 AM, Maitaivegas said:

Noo I like your posts.

If the ship WiFi allows I will be reading your report.

My daughter said my review will be completely different from others..

Have and be safe

I cannot wait to hear on your review if your pants stay up 🤭

Thank you Radio for doing this Live review.     Your itinerary looks great.    

I have not yet been on Enchantment but have sailed several times on Grandeur out of Baltimore. 

It is great their parking is only $15 a day too!

We are booked for an 8 night sailing on May 19th to Bermuda and Bahamas.    Cannot wait to board a ship new to us.    Looking forward to your photos.       

Have a Great cruise!

Bon Voyage🤩

We will be on Enchantment next month. I have two questions, if someone on-board can answer. (1) Are D+ currently allowed in the CL? (2) If staying in a GS, do they have complimentary drinks in the CL as they do in the SL on other ships?

5 hours ago, BND said:

I had heard that about the separate lines since they restarted and in PC there weren't either in Nov.  With an 11 am arrival time (earliest boarding time) we shouldn't have any issues.  I just don't want to have to stand in a long line.  

Outside before security, there is only Key and maybe Pinnacle and suites.  After Security, there is the lone for suites, Key and Pinnacle and the. everyone else.

2 hours ago, WeatherFx said:

We will be on Enchantment next month. I have two questions, if someone on-board can answer. (1) Are D+ currently allowed in the CL? (2) If staying in a GS, do they have complimentary drinks in the CL as they do in the SL on other ships?

I can answer the first question as this was changed before Covid.  D+ are not allowed in the CL anymore.  We used to go to the one on GR.  

Hello everyone and good day. I arrived at Cruise Maryland by around 12:30 p.m. I was walking up the gangway by 1:30 p.m. this afternoon.  The checking process took a little longer than normal. It appears that there were two reservations for me on this sailing. I don't have a twin brother, and even though there were two reservations for the same passenger in the same date of birth, the system would not allow check in without a manager override. 

But no worries, I'm on board and ready to sail. I met up with some friends that are on  board and had lunch up in the Windjammer Marketplace. The ship seems pretty empty to me, but I have not explored all areas to see where passengers are. 

My cabin is a Spacious Ocean View cabin on Deck 8. It is a very large Ocean View cabin and it has everything that I need for the next 12 nights. It is set up just like a balcony cabin, but with no balcony. This cabin was added when  they removed the Concierge Club  and other rooms near the Centrum.

I have My Time Dining, and I will be going there at 6:00 p.m.. I will be dining this week at the My Fair Lady Dining room on Deck 5.

It's time to get unpacked, and then I will get ready for dinner. We have not left the port yet and I'm sure we will be leaving soon as the bunkering process is almost completed.

We were scheduled for sail away at 4:00 p.m. The bunkering process got started a little late this afternoon.

Thanks for tuning in.

Radio

I made it to the pier around 12:30

PXL_20220305_173909520_MP.thumb.jpg.d20f7d4b1167e19ea43b8ceeafe3b8e2.jpg

There were a lot of passengers but the line moved very quickly

PXL_20220305_180330507_MP.thumb.jpg.1f1a5b397593ce31d0b99bd0249da847.jpg

I was heading up the gangway at 1:30 after a little confusion at check in

PXL_20220305_190300999_MP.thumb.jpg.df06c3bff53822066f39a9792d7e1964.jpg

I really like my cabin

PXL_20220305_190956988_MP.thumb.jpg.bd2f3117f012c9bd33bd669cbdbf1868.jpg

It is very spacious for an ocean view cabin.

PXL_20220305_191018322_MP.thumb.jpg.63dfa7811bcd65d5d81751253ff1a808.jpg

I am sure that I will sleep like a baby tonight.

PXL_20220305_191005745_MP.thumb.jpg.401484e6cfda6fd8822dedaf6df7ee28.jpg

Welcome on board Enchantment of the Seas

PXL_20220305_194153915_MP.thumb.jpg.2f920109320c88e55ac113d4e6fe1e77.jpg

There are not many passengers on the pool deck.

PXL_20220305_195838104_MP.thumb.jpg.bc4bc4b8d66a7abcba2fbfec6b6c1ea1.jpg

Which crew member really loves his lanyards

PXL_20220305_203619827_MP.thumb.jpg.bd7f3d5225adbcd0576ff95778ea09cd.jpg

The Spa Attendants are very friendly as usual.

PXL_20220305_204128988_MP.thumb.jpg.4d47d69b258d59c15dd8c738eca10428.jpg

The bunkering process is keeping us at the pier a little longer.

PXL_20220305_223236914_MP.thumb.jpg.1b2ed755a986f3ffbf1e114a50592de5.jpg

Enchantment of the Seas leaving the pier slowly.

PXL_20220305_224933253_MP.thumb.jpg.3f83bdf294a5754efa74f2196dc78a9a.jpg

• Like 7

The timing of your review couldn't be any better.   Just yesterday I booked a cruise on Enchantment.  Woohoo!!    After a long hiatus from cruising or any travel for that fact (moving cross country, our dear but very geriatric dog, and then, well, Covid), we are ready to be on the seas once again.  I love your photos and all your posts.  Have a great cruise.  Thanks!! 😀 

The cupcakes must have been in the Windjammer.  We didn’t go in because we already ate.  They kept announcing that if you were finished to vacate the table so others can eat and use the tables.  

No big deal.  

See, I didn’t even think they would let you take pictures around security, nor did i think to take a picture outside.  Great pictures so far.

"I have My Time Dining, and I will be going there at 6:00 p.m.. I will be dining this week at the My Fair Lady Dining room on Deck 5."

On our last cruise my time didn't start until much later so it seems like they went back to before covid times.

Walter

• Like 1