Updated C&A amenity list

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Royal Caribbean Crown and Anchor Society members will notice some interesting alternatives to amenities they’re accustomed to receiving.

In a letter sent to Diamond Plus and Pinnacle society members, global supply chain issues are cited as the reason for temporarily adjusting how benefits are offered.

Preferred Wines Unavailable

Cruise travelers on all lines and at all loyalty levels have noticed shortages in recent weeks, from fewer selections available on buffet menus to smaller supplies of certain beverages onboard.

Now, loyal cruisers on Royal Caribbean may be unable to receive the welcome beverage they prefer, because such beverages may not be available.

In a letter sent to guests, Royal Caribbean International states that they are “currently out of stock for the Crown & Anchor preferred chosen wines.”

Global supply chain issues are the problem, and the cruise line is continuing to “work through the worldwide supply chain issues.”

While the nature of the supply chain issues affecting Crown and Anchor Society beverages is not detailed, it may be any of a number of problems.

With staffing shortages affecting many industries, it is possible that slowed production has limited supply of preferred wines or other gift options. There may also be difficulties in shipping items throughout the Royal Caribbean fleet.

The bonus amenities – including wines, “elegant” gifts, soda, and cupcakes – can be personally selected by each guest, providing customization for an even more personalized and enjoyable loyalty reward.

Previously, eligible Crown and Anchor Society guests could select from three different red or white wine options, for example, with the exact selection depending on the individual guest’s point level within the loyalty program.

Now, due to the shortages, different wines are available, which still include three red options, three white options, and a rose.

For guests who have a fine palette for specific wines, the change can be disappointing, but it is important to note that Royal Caribbean International is working diligently to substitute available wines of similar quality and variety.

Other Gifts Impacted

It isn’t just wine preferences affected by the supply chain shortages. Fruit truffles are no longer available as an elegant gift selection, and available soda selections have also been changed slightly.

As manufacturing and shipping challenges continue, it is likely that further changes may be made to the gift selections as well. Overall availability may also vary for different ships in the Royal Caribbean fleet, depending on how popular certain items may be on specific sailings.

Guests with a sweet tooth will be glad to note that both the red velvet and vanilla cupcake selections remain available at this time.

Royal Caribbean Changes Loyalty Gifts Due to Supply Chain Problems (cruisehive.com)

Thanks for posting the letter.  Normally when an item is unavailable, and a substitution is made,  new  items are somewhat equal.    Not with this issue.  The wine I had previously ordered was worth $18 retail ( total wine) and the substituted wine is under $8 ( total wine).   

M

On 3/8/2022 at 1:10 PM, nelblu said:

I just became D+ 340 and called C&A to add the additional gift  due.  The individual was having problems adding the gift and had to call the resolution dept. to allow the change.  Wasted so much time for an additional bottle of wine.  I agree, wish it could be done on line.

Sad that such an easy fix needed  the resolutions department.  Should be so easy to add a new amenity.  What  a waste of your  and their time.    The phone agents are trained to book cruises.  Unfortunately, they are not trained to resolve other simple issues. 

M

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Sad that such an easy fix needed  the resolutions department.  Should be so easy to add a new amenity.  What  a waste of your  and their time.    The phone agents are trained to book cruises.  Unfortunately, they are not trained to resolve other simple issues. 

M

It was so simple when we had the ability to do it ourself online. This company's IT evolves backwards.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Tlbecker1 said:

Agreed!  We enjoyed this also.

I am just worried they will pull that soon.   Have not found anything close to it on the ship.  Keep getting shorted on Bucky's Rosemont Shiraz already.  

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

It was so simple when we had the ability to do it ourself online. This company's IT evolves backwards.

Totally agree with you there.  The "new and improved" website they started using a few years ago must have been bargain priced.  It's awful!!  

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

M

I absolutely do not call CS on the phone for the amenities changes, no intention of waiting on the phone for an hour or more to do so.  Plus like you, I think indeed it is a waste of their time as well.

I only do it on the ship with the LA.  Though the change won't take place for the current sailing, it makes it for the next one.  Unless they send us the wrong wine, which has happened many times.  Their so called "Oh lets just toss this at them, they probably won't notice" does not work for me.  😉 

Does anybody have a copy of the actual list you can pick from? I wrote the crown and anchor rep previously to request items which were waiting in our room during our last cruise but I can’t seem to find the flyer now. 

Thank you 

Christina 

10 hours ago, island lady said:

Totally agree with you there.  The "new and improved" website they started using a few years ago must have been bargain priced.  It's awful!!  

Ditto for the darn "new and improved" Air2Sea website!  No one-way, multi-city or alternate pre-cruise date options. And who wants to fly 20+ hours to Australia and board the ship the same day she sails?!  

Awful IT enhancements.

1 hour ago, long4acruise said:

Ditto for the darn "new and improved" Air2Sea website!  No one-way, multi-city or alternate pre-cruise date options. And who wants to fly 20+ hours to Australia and board the ship the same day she sails?!  

Awful IT enhancements.

You can select earlier arrival and later departure dates.

3 hours ago, 1ballerina said:

Does anybody have a copy of the actual list you can pick from? I wrote the crown and anchor rep previously to request items which were waiting in our room during our last cruise but I can’t seem to find the flyer now. 

Thank you 

Christina 

I got this in March. Have been told no towels/tote bags now 

706EBB4B-9D35-406D-8A3B-5D691B92FE74.jpeg

37B89055-404D-452B-99A3-9C2FEE35EBA0.jpeg

• Thanks 1

On 3/7/2022 at 6:07 PM, little britain said:

I haven’t seen this posted - apparently changed this month.

Happy to see addition of a new Sauv Blanc!

E54A6369-5D8A-4415-B6D9-96DEC01F947A.jpeg

6EB500C5-162B-4FBD-B901-2F8AF6E671BC.jpeg

Hi all, 

I am Emerald and would choose the bottled water. Where do I go to let RC know what my choice is?  The planner, do I call them, or somewhere else?

Tia for the help

36 minutes ago, runner2013 said:

Hi all, 

I am Emerald and would choose the bottled water. Where do I go to let RC know what my choice is?  The planner, do I call them, or somewhere else?

Tia for the help

You have to call them - but water is the default item if you do not request anything 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/22/2022 at 5:52 AM, runner2013 said:

Hi all, 

Tia for the help

I keep getting ONE can of diet coke and 2 bottles of water. I choose regular coke lol.

Its ONE can or bottle of your choice. Honestly idk how much it's worth to even choose. I can see if it was a 6 pack or more. I cant get excited about one can of water or soda. 

Anyone know if the fruit truffles are still out? I had the towel which was out, got some plastic bags for children, then truffles. 

40 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Anyone know if the fruit truffles are still out? I had the towel which was out, got some plastic bags for children, then truffles. 

Last week we got fruit truffles, beach towels, and tote bags (plus wine and coke six pack).

3 hours ago, Surfguyxxx said:

I was on Independence a few weeks ago and got nothing at all as far as totes or wine in the stateroom.  I did have 4 bottles of generic water though.  I'm almost Pinnacle with 653 points.  

All you had to do was pay a visit to the LA on board.  I am sure, you probably know that already  however, since you have your 653 points.  So this would be FYI for others that may not be aware.  

Do keep in mind the amenities are drastically reduced on any cruises under 7 days.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1