Updated C&A amenity list

9 minutes ago, little britain said:

I haven’t seen this posted - apparently changed this month.

Happy to see addition of a new Sauv Blanc!

E54A6369-5D8A-4415-B6D9-96DEC01F947A.jpeg

6EB500C5-162B-4FBD-B901-2F8AF6E671BC.jpeg

Thanks for posting.  Do we know what constitutes "Households."

• Like 1

“Households” are people in a partnership: husband/wife or couples at the same address. 

That’s why some “households” book separate cabins… to get the separate points and the separate amenities! Not sure a cheap bottle of wine is worth that outlay but …🤷‍♀️

• Haha 1

I so wish they let us do this online still.... just having the most painful coversation with a C&A rep on the phone trying to get my 3 selections changed, I give a wine name and he just can't find it on his list yet it appears on both the old and new list you've posted here 😕

Recently on the Odyssey of the  Seas, now on Harmony, and could not get our selections of wines.  Major supply chain problems.  The substitutes were not as good, IMHO.  More noteworthy,  Harmony is completely out of Crown Royal as was Enchanted Princess four weeks ago.

8 minutes ago, Tagsalong said:

Recently on the Odyssey of the  Seas, now on Harmony, and could not get our selections of wines.  Major supply chain problems.  The substitutes were not as good, IMHO.  More noteworthy,  Harmony is completely out of Crown Royal as was Enchanted Princess four weeks ago.

We had the same wine issue on harmony recently. The wine we selected was substituted with a product that was far less  quality and  half the price. When one gets to a higher level of points, if Royal is going to offer gifts commensurate with those points, Royal should not  substitute something that is cheaper than the lowest grouping. 

Naturally, there was no note indicating why the wine had been substituted. The loyalty ambassador really falls short. A simple note with with whatever excuse they want to use would be better than just receiving what one thinks is the wrong selection.

hey, how about this… If our selection is not available, offer  us some thing else, or something better. Don’t just give us something worse. 

m

• Like 2

2 hours ago, beardedladies said:

I so wish they let us do this online still.... just having the most painful coversation with a C&A rep on the phone trying to get my 3 selections changed, I give a wine name and he just can't find it on his list yet it appears on both the old and new list you've posted here 😕

Most companies' websites make it possible to do more and more on your own while RCI goes in the opposite direction.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

To enhance your cruise experience.

To enhance your cruise experience, we have taken away the beds to prevent bed bugs. Water will be shut off from 9:00am-5:00pm to allow for better filtration. To save the oceans, we have implemented the following improvements: 1 towel per week per passenger excluding any towel animal, 1 bar of soap per household and an enhanced shampoo, conditioner, body wash, detergent, softener ALL-IN-ONE liquid conveniently welded to the shower wall. We are proud of our commitment to save trees and will no longer print Cruise Compasses. Please refer to our state-of-the-art APP developed by our cutting-edge IT department for further inquiries.

• Like 2
  • Haha 14

The substitutes that they gave us were bad - tried a glass of Silver in CK and couldn't finish it.  On all ships that we have been on (five since restart) I have gone to LA and/or Beverage Manager and requested a suitable replacement.  This was done without hesitation.

3 hours ago, little britain said:

Yes, if you compare the new list with the old , there are definitely some reductions! 

Hello,

Can you look at the small print for the date of the document? C&A sent me a plain list, not a formatted document, on 9th or 10th January (it was timed at 00:00 so might be either).

I did post this on CC (and more than once - 9th Jan ) after I received it - here https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2823021-q-about-ca-preference-selections/#comment-62427836

Regards,

Cublet

Edited by cublet
correction

1 hour ago, Tagsalong said:

The substitutes that they gave us were bad - tried a glass of Silver in CK and couldn't finish it.  On all ships that we have been on (five since restart) I have gone to LA and/or Beverage Manager and requested a suitable replacement.  This was done without hesitation.

LA was no help.  In fact, way below average.     A suitable replacement would not be an item 1/2 the value of the original item not available.    

Would love a $ off option for a bottle of  wine like they do for the drink vouchers.   One of the bottles we select is $58 per bottle on the  wine list .  Would love to be able to apply that to any bottle on the list.  

M

17 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

LA was no help.  In fact, way below average.     A suitable replacement would not be an item 1/2 the value of the original item not available.    

Would love a $ off option for a bottle of  wine like they do for the drink vouchers.   One of the bottles we select is $58 per bottle on the  wine list .  Would love to be able to apply that to any bottle on the list.  

M

$58 a bottle what wine was that?

2 hours ago, long4acruise said:

On our last six cruises, departing from either Miami, Port Everglades, Baltimore or Barbados, they have had no Sprite Zeros onboard! 

F& B said major supply chain issues.

No Sprite Zero on our last three cruises from Tampa also. Made it difficult to get a low calorie cocktail.

17 hours ago, little britain said:

I haven’t seen this posted - apparently changed this month.

Happy to see addition of a new Sauv Blanc!

E54A6369-5D8A-4415-B6D9-96DEC01F947A.jpeg

6EB500C5-162B-4FBD-B901-2F8AF6E671BC.jpeg

I changed to the Peter Yealands a couple of months ago.  Really good NZ SB!  

5 hours ago, beardedladies said:

That is why I only do my changing with the LA on board.  

16 minutes ago, island lady said:

I changed to the Peter Yealands a couple of months ago.  Really good NZ SB!  

If that's the one they have for The Chef's Table, I thought it was very tasty.  It was probably my favorite of all the wine courses.

22 minutes ago, ValerieJo said:

If that's the one they have for The Chef's Table, I thought it was very tasty.  It was probably my favorite of all the wine courses.

Yes, that is a new one for Chef's Table, and in fact pretty new to the line up on all ships.  Much better than the previous Sauvignon Blanc offers.  They kept it in stock for me in CK on Harmony in January.  🙂  Guess they didn't like me bringing my own glass of it in from the cabin.  😄 

• Like 1