Updated C&A amenity list

1 hour ago, island lady said:

I changed to the Peter Yealands a couple of months ago.  Really good NZ SB!  

I’ve just asked the LA onboard to make the change for me! 
The Chandon fizz will be my 3rd bottle. That’s nice and dry too 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, beardedladies said:

I so wish they let us do this online still.... just having the most painful coversation with a C&A rep on the phone trying to get my 3 selections changed, I give a wine name and he just can't find it on his list yet it appears on both the old and new list you've posted here 😕

I just became D+ 340 and called C&A to add the additional gift  due.  The individual was having problems adding the gift and had to call the resolution dept. to allow the change.  Wasted so much time for an additional bottle of wine.  I agree, wish it could be done on line.

Edited by nelblu

49 minutes ago, little britain said:

I’ve just asked the LA onboard to make the change for me! 
The Chandon fizz will be my 3rd bottle. That’s nice and dry too 

Perfect world.  Cheers!!  🙂 🥂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

To enhance your cruise experience, we have taken away the beds to prevent bed bugs. Water will be shut off from 9:00am-5:00pm to allow for better filtration. To save the oceans, we have implemented the following improvements: 1 towel per week per passenger excluding any towel animal, 1 bar of soap per household and an enhanced shampoo, conditioner, body wash, detergent, softener ALL-IN-ONE liquid conveniently welded to the shower wall. We are proud of our commitment to save trees and will no longer print Cruise Compasses. Please refer to our state-of-the-art APP developed by our cutting-edge IT department for further inquiries.

Someone should make a complete list of all of the downgrades from the old days. Start with Ceasar salad being made at your table and list to present. It would be a book!

25 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Someone should make a complete list of all of the downgrades from the old days. Start with Ceasar salad being made at your table and list to present. It would be a book!

Okay, I'll bite. Here a just a few:

• Baked Alaska (with real flame)
  • Crème brûlée (with real flame)
  • Ice Sculptures nearly every day
  • Midnight Buffet
  • Chocolates on pillows at turndown
  • Shuffleboard
  • Skeet shooting off the back of the ship 
  • Wooden lounge chairs

• Like 2

Just now, livingonthebeach said:

• Midnight Buffet
  • Shuffleboard
  • Wooden lounge chairs

Flaming cherries jubilee 

Friends and family with a next cruise 

Back stage/bridge tours

Welcome aboard CA gift in cabin

Sale away party

Love & marriage show (although I think some were. Rehearsed

The clowns that would entertain before a show... walking on the backs of chairs, etc.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Flaming cherries jubilee 

Friends and family with a next cruise 

Back stage/bridge tours

Welcome aboard CA gift in cabin

Sale away party

Love & marriage show (although I think some were. Rehearsed

The clowns that would entertain before a show... walking on the backs of chairs, etc.

Love and Marriage was back two weeks ago on the Jewel.  Quest is still not available. Some of the ship tours will be back starting March 15th as will the CA stuff in cabin for Diamond and above.  Official RCI Meet n Mingle not back yet.  There's usually a band playing by the pool during sailaway - we can make our own party.😄 You got me with the clowns - never saw them -- when was this? Before my time I guess. LOL. Here's hoping things we like will come back one day and those we don't will go away. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, livingonthebeach said:

Love and Marriage was back two weeks ago on the Jewel.  Quest is still not available. Some of the ship tours will be back starting March 15th as will the CA stuff in cabin for Diamond and above.  Official RCI Meet n Mingle not back yet.  There's usually a band playing by the pool during sailaway - we can make our own party.😄 You got me with the clowns - never saw them -- when was this? Before my time I guess. LOL. Here's hoping things we like will come back one day and those we don't will go away. 

They were sure fun! Some were on stilts... same ones that performed at the parades. Probably 10 years ago.

• Like 1

Wooden horse ownership/racing and betting by the pool.

Jambalaya cooking by pool.

Confettis and streamers on departures

Next cruise certificates with no expiration dates

Parades with animal characters in the promenade

Singing by waiters on last night of sail--Oh Sole Mio

Dynamic dining

Edited by nelblu
  • Like 2

Just now, nelblu said:

Wooden horse ownership/racing and betting by the pool.

Jambalaya cooking by pool.

Confettis and streamers on departures

Next cruise certificates with no expiration dates

Parades with animal characters in the promenade

Singing by waiters on last night of sail--Oh Sole Mio

Dynamic dining

Yes, all great memories. 

3 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

I played shuffleboard on Anthem in January.

LOL -- didn't realize they still had those. Back in the day when there was no flow rider, rock climbing, slides and zipline, shuffleboard was the only gig in town. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, little britain said:

@cublet it says 7/20/21 ! 

Hello,

That's the date of the printed copy I have but was told it was out of date and was sent an ordinary typed list in replacement.

I did ask whether there was a way to keep abreast of changes to the list but was told there was not.

Regards,

Cublet

11 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

• Midnight Buffet
  • Shuffleboard
  • Wooden lounge chairs

My g you are talking about the old days... and apparently I have got there too .every group of tables had a trolley with a burner that would cook table side .

• Like 1

8 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

LOL -- didn't realize they still had those. Back in the day when there was no flow rider, rock climbing, slides and zipline, shuffleboard was the only gig in town. 

In that case, thank God for flow riders, rock climbing, slides, and zip lines.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

That's the date of the printed copy I have but was told it was out of date and was sent an ordinary typed list in replacement.

I did ask whether there was a way to keep abreast of changes to the list but was told there was not.

Regards,

Cublet

LA on Grandeur told me it was the brand new list she had just received 🤷‍♀️

• 2 months later...
On 3/8/2022 at 3:21 AM, beardedladies said:

I so wish they let us do this online still.... just having the most painful coversation with a C&A rep on the phone trying to get my 3 selections changed, I give a wine name and he just can't find it on his list yet it appears on both the old and new list you've posted here 😕

Me, too.  Just now got off the call.  She couldn't find a wine, then found it.  They are working with a list, and not the flyer shown above, so the descriptions are different.  

I am probably the only person who remembers the "toga night".  We were supplied with an extra flat sheet and asked to wear them to dinner that night.  I had to trade sexual favors to get my husband to wear it........................................

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, pcur said:

I am probably the only person who remembers the "toga night".  We were supplied with an extra flat sheet and asked to wear them to dinner that night.  I had to trade sexual favors to get my husband to wear it........................................

TMI

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pcur said:

See, we all just wanted to know that😁

On 3/8/2022 at 8:39 AM, livingonthebeach said:

To enhance your cruise experience, we have taken away the beds to prevent bed bugs. Water will be shut off from 9:00am-5:00pm to allow for better filtration. To save the oceans, we have implemented the following improvements: 1 towel per week per passenger excluding any towel animal, 1 bar of soap per household and an enhanced shampoo, conditioner, body wash, detergent, softener ALL-IN-ONE liquid conveniently welded to the shower wall. We are proud of our commitment to save trees and will no longer print Cruise Compasses. Please refer to our state-of-the-art APP developed by our cutting-edge IT department for further inquiries.

KEN! You are a delight!

• 4 weeks later...

Royal Caribbean Crown and Anchor Society members will notice some interesting alternatives to amenities they’re accustomed to receiving.

In a letter sent to Diamond Plus and Pinnacle society members, global supply chain issues are cited as the reason for temporarily adjusting how benefits are offered.

Preferred Wines Unavailable

Cruise travelers on all lines and at all loyalty levels have noticed shortages in recent weeks, from fewer selections available on buffet menus to smaller supplies of certain beverages onboard.

Now, loyal cruisers on Royal Caribbean may be unable to receive the welcome beverage they prefer, because such beverages may not be available.

In a letter sent to guests, Royal Caribbean International states that they are “currently out of stock for the Crown & Anchor preferred chosen wines.”

Global supply chain issues are the problem, and the cruise line is continuing to “work through the worldwide supply chain issues.”

While the nature of the supply chain issues affecting Crown and Anchor Society beverages is not detailed, it may be any of a number of problems.

With staffing shortages affecting many industries, it is possible that slowed production has limited supply of preferred wines or other gift options. There may also be difficulties in shipping items throughout the Royal Caribbean fleet.

The bonus amenities – including wines, “elegant” gifts, soda, and cupcakes – can be personally selected by each guest, providing customization for an even more personalized and enjoyable loyalty reward.

Previously, eligible Crown and Anchor Society guests could select from three different red or white wine options, for example, with the exact selection depending on the individual guest’s point level within the loyalty program.

Now, due to the shortages, different wines are available, which still include three red options, three white options, and a rose.

For guests who have a fine palette for specific wines, the change can be disappointing, but it is important to note that Royal Caribbean International is working diligently to substitute available wines of similar quality and variety.

Other Gifts Impacted

It isn’t just wine preferences affected by the supply chain shortages. Fruit truffles are no longer available as an elegant gift selection, and available soda selections have also been changed slightly.

As manufacturing and shipping challenges continue, it is likely that further changes may be made to the gift selections as well. Overall availability may also vary for different ships in the Royal Caribbean fleet, depending on how popular certain items may be on specific sailings.

Guests with a sweet tooth will be glad to note that both the red velvet and vanilla cupcake selections remain available at this time.

Royal Caribbean Changes Loyalty Gifts Due to Supply Chain Problems (cruisehive.com)