Princess New Cancellations as of March 14th 2022

LACruiser88

Information on Impacted & Cancelled Cruises

Updated March 14, 2022 at 4 p.m. PT

With the complexities of international air travel and border closures, it is with a heavy heart that we have to continue to cancel select cruises. We know you were looking forward to sailing with us, and we apologize and share in your disappointment over these cancellations. You don’t need to take any action to receive the default compensation offer. You can find out details of your compensation by clicking the link that matches your sail date below.

• Diamond Princess Cruises in Japan and Singapore Departing through March 3, 2023

• Select Cruises in Australia, New Zealand, & the South Pacific on the Following Ships:
    Majestic Princess from February 2023 through May 2023
    Royal Princess from September 2022 through March 4, 2023

• Ruby Princess Panama Canal Cruises Departing in February 2023

View Details & List of Affected Cruise (PDF)

• Thanks 4

When I saw the title I thought surely that this was the announcement about the Baltic cruises on the Enchanted.  Instead there's some other cruises that I was watching.  I really did think that they would be working something out with Australia based on other reports I've read in the news media.  Wow.... 😞 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Looking at the list of when ships are restarting that is here https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/ , only the Diamond Princess doesn't have a restart date.  Will be very interesting to see where all of this lands!  

Maybe going to the highest bidder???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have flights to Vancouver - return from Hawaii. Maybe I will do a land trip if Covid testing is withdrawn. Will be interested to see if they extend my FCC that is paid on the Royal they just canceled. 

Edited by 007colocruz

16 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

When I saw the title I thought surely that this was the announcement about the Baltic cruises on the Enchanted.  Instead there's some other cruises that I was watching.  I really did think that they would be working something out with Australia based on other reports I've read in the news media.  Wow.... 😞 

I am very surprised that these Australian cancellations have been decided. There has been a fair bit of progress in the last few days about recommencing cruising from here. I know it takes time to get ships ready again but I would have thought 2023 was safe. The Government has been getting a lot of flak about us being able to travel overseas to do a cruise but not in our own backyard. I am one of those leaving here to cruise.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

I wonder where the Royal will go?  As of right now they have the Coral, Grand and the Majestic in Australia later this year.  Nothing for the Royal....

List says Royal- Alaska. They removed my Vancouver to Her nolulu 

2 minutes ago, 007colocruz said:

List says Royal- Alaska. They removed my Vancouver to Her nolulu 

Sorry, meant that I wonder where the Royal will go AFTER Alaska.  More Mexican Riviera / Coastal CA cruises?

40 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

Maybe going to the highest bidder???

Actually I do see by doing a cruise search that the Diamond has a restart date of March 24, 2023 from Japan.  Not sure why it's not on the "restart" list, maybe you are right?  🙂 

• Like 1

So now we have been canceled again.  We were on the April 2020 cruise from Sydney to LA which was canceled due to the pandemic.  It was rescheduled for April 2022 and then rescheduled to April 2023.  Now it has been canceled.  Maybe it will reappear in 2024 but we were not given a choice.  Usual three options including getting our money back, schedule another cruise or take an FCC and wait.  I think for this cruise we will wait until it really goes.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, memoak said:

Our Panama trip on the Ruby just died and the replacement is on the Emerald which does not show many suites available. Will see what our PVP will do about our Vista suite

We are on the Ruby Panama canal as well as the next cruise to Hawaii.  Guess we will have to rethink this b2b. Looks like the Ruby is going to spend a winter season in Galveston. 

I'm so frustrated. 2 of my 3 cruises are under redeployment or reassignment (canceled). 3rd time my Enchanted Princess is canceled. Fortunately that was was rebooked but where's my air?? Then I get an email that my Royal Princess Sydney to Hong Kong is canceled for the 2nd time. Now I can only hope that my Ruby Princess Pacific Northwest Cruise will go next month. I mean I've got enough FCC to cover the Ruby, Enchanted, and half Royal. And that FCC expires 5/1/23. NOW WHAT!?@!?@

Does anyone understand why Majestic and Royal to Australia/NZ was cancelled but Crown was not?

As I understand from the folks down under who post in the Australia/NZ form here on CC, nothing is going to be decided as far as cruises until after their elections which are several months away. If Princess feels it’s not going to work out for the 2022/2023 season, why didn’t they just cancel all the ships that were planned to sail there?

We are booked on the Crown for late Feb 2023 but, would like to know if it’s a go or not. I thought the NZ part of the cruise would be the biggest question mark?

26 minutes ago, AZjohn said:

Does anyone understand why Majestic and Royal to Australia/NZ was cancelled but Crown was not?

As I understand from the folks down under who post in the Australia/NZ form here on CC, nothing is going to be decided as far as cruises until after their elections which are several months away. If Princess feels it’s not going to work out for the 2022/2023 season, why didn’t they just cancel all the ships that were planned to sail there?

We are booked on the Crown for late Feb 2023 but, would like to know if it’s a go or not. I thought the NZ part of the cruise would be the biggest question mark?

Sorry, my bad,  I meant Grand and not Crown.

And, now I see Australia is lifting their ban on cruise ships next month.

Now more confused than before???

Edited by AZjohn
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, AZjohn said:

Sorry, my bad,  I meant Grand and not Crown.

And, now I see Australia is lifting their ban on cruise ships next month.

Now more confused than before???

As I stated above, I just can't understand Princess' decision, and as you mention, today Australia has lifted it's cruise ship ban. One day after Princess made their decision, but it was pretty clear down here that this decision was coming. It appears other cruise lines are announcing their intention to come and I see Celebrity still has a repositioning cruise from Hawaii to Sydney on October 3, so Princess are giving these companies are free hit by reducing the number of ships coming here. Per head of population Australia is one of the strongest cruising markets and we would have filled up cruises without doubt.

I am very confused by Princess' decision.

Edited by leck57
  • Like 1

I am confused: We are booked om magestic princess jan 29th australia/New Zealand. Didnt see this listed as canceled.  Though may other Magestic cruises have been. Should I think our cruise is a go or not?

18 minutes ago, willtup5 said:

I am confused: We are booked om magestic princess jan 29th australia/New Zealand. Didnt see this listed as canceled.  Though may other Magestic cruises have been. Should I think our cruise is a go or not?

While I was writing my post above, I checked the list of cancelled sailings and noticed Majestic was still coming here and some of the cancelled cruises had Majestic cruises as the replacement. Majestic is also listed to do cruises just prior and after your cruise.

So I assume you'll be good to go.