Is it me, or is Norwegian's online checking complicated?

mafig

I haven't been on Norwegian for years, but on-line checking seems so much more complicated than before.  I recently did one for Royal Caribbean and I had no problem, but I had to continually call on-line support to find out why I was stuck at 85% for Norwegian.😮 

13 minutes ago, mafig said:

I haven't been on Norwegian for years, but on-line checking seems so much more complicated than before.  I recently did one for Royal Caribbean and I had no problem, but I had to continually call on-line support to find out why I was stuck at 85% for Norwegian.😮 

I checked into RCI yesterday for the Oasis. I filled out everything requested, photo, C19 Card, etc.

Later in the day RCI sent me an email stating I am officially checked in. I still cannot see my boarding pass a day later. I should be able to print it out now.

So, each check-in is different and may caused frustration. 

What stuck you at 85%?

14 minutes ago, mafig said:

My checkin today is the same. In one place it says we are checked in and another screen has no tick in the contact info. I was on chat earlier and they said we are checked in and it should update over the next 24 hours or so.  Did you get yours fixed ? I changed and verified everything using iPad and laptop and it’s still at 84% on the summary page. On check in page it says completed. I will wait and see 😀

1 minute ago, Oxo said:

What stuck you at 85%?

At first I didn't know.  I had to call and be on hold almost an hour.  It apparently was the area where we enter our phone and email number, then we have to go to the email and certify it, and then reply to the text on our phone.  Unfortunately, dh and I have new phones and the texting wasn't working.  Called again, on hold only 45 minutes this time and a very nice rep. did it for us (hopefully, she said to wait 24 hours for the edocs to be printed.)  I also thought I read I could skip over the picture, but it wouldn't let me go on to the next page.  I sure hope they don't use that picture.......I had no idea I look this bad in the morning!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Mrs_Reevo said:

My checkin today is the same. In one place it says we are checked in and another screen has no tick in the contact info. I was on chat earlier and they said we are checked in and it should update over the next 24 hours or so.  Did you get yours fixed ? I changed and verified everything using iPad and laptop and it’s still at 84% on the summary page. On check in page it says completed. I will wait and see 😀

I have never had an issue but have heard laptop is the best way to do it. You should have your edocs tomorrow morning.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mafig said:

At first I didn't know.  I had to call and be on hold almost an hour.  It apparently was the area where we enter our phone and email number, then we have to go to the email and certify it, and then reply to the text on our phone.  Unfortunately, dh and I have new phones and the texting wasn't working.  Called again, on hold only 45 minutes this time and a very nice rep. did it for us (hopefully, she said to wait 24 hours for the edocs to be printed.)  I also thought I read I could skip over the picture, but it wouldn't let me go on to the next page.  I sure hope they don't use that picture.......I had no idea I look this bad in the morning!

Every picture I uploaded was too big or too small or too wide or not wide enough. It was crazy how many pictures I had to take and upload! Would not take my professional work pic, even after resizing more than 10 times. Finally took a selfie. I hope they don’t use that one, it’s awful! 😂

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, mafig said:

We did the email part but it never comes up with anything for verifying the phone numbers. I will call tomorrow if it doesn’t update 

46 minutes ago, vinotinto said:

Every picture I uploaded was too big or too small or too wide or not wide enough. It was crazy how many pictures I had to take and upload!

^^^^^^^ Same

I finally quit and am taking a break right now.  Wish someone had tips on an easy way to get it done.

• Haha 1

I found it pretty cumbersome as well.  I was bouncing back and forth between the app and the website trying to figure out what was going wrong.  I had to type and retype my phone number several times to get the prompt to click the Verify Phone button.  I had to resend the verify email a couple of times for that to complete as well.  The photo thing?  It wouldn't accept anything it seemed, so I also just gave up and took a crappy morning no makeup and bad hair selfie.  It looks horrible, but at least it worked. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, vinotinto said:

Every picture I uploaded was too big or too small or too wide or not wide enough. It was crazy how many pictures I had to take and upload! Would not take my professional work pic, even after resizing more than 10 times. Finally took a selfie. I hope they don’t use that one, it’s awful! 😂

I uploaded a photo for my travel companion, but for my photo I just popped up my PC's camera and took the picture right in the NCL check in app. For some reason this turned out much easier than uploading an existing file.

21 minutes ago, luvcruzing said:

document
^^^^^^^ Same

I finally quit and am taking a break right now.  Wish someone had tips on an easy way to get it done.

I just figured this out yesterday trying to check in. Am not overly computer literate. Was trying to take a photo of our passport pictures( we have extras separate from the passport itself). , and then inserting the photo into the NCL documents. NOT!!  Couldn't figure it out for the life of me!

Here's the good part. When you open the docs and you are trying to finish #7, you'll come to the photo area. Lo and behold there is a picture of a camera. I clicked on the camera and all of a sudden my face was on my laptop! 

There is an oval that you center your face into, click again, and the document has your picture. It was incredibly easy.And don't worry about what the picture looks like. They will take another one at the pier.

Also, as mentioned above. If you get stuck, just redo your e-mail and your phone number. I had the same problem. Reentered them and everything okay. Happy Cruising!!

• Like 1

I will get a first hand experience with this tomorrow. Hoping it is not a high pressure colonic. CCL was so simple and no issue at all. I have read where email and phone numbers are the reason for issues with NCL. Simply re-enter them and it should fix it.

1 minute ago, vince_g said:

I uploaded a photo for my travel companion, but for my photo I just popped up my PC's camera and took the picture right in the NCL check in app. For some reason this turned out much easier than uploading an existing file.

Sorry, guess we were typing basically the same response at the same time!

2 minutes ago, bigrednole said:

I will get a first hand experience with this tomorrow. Hoping it is not a high pressure colonic. CCL was so simple and no issue at all. I have read where email and phone numbers are the reason for issues with NCL. Simply re-enter them and it should fix it.

I had no problem with the emails and phone numbers, it’s that darn photo.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, cruiserbear55 said:

I just figured this out yesterday trying to check in. Am not overly computer literate. Was trying to take a photo of our passport pictures( we have extras separate from the passport itself). , and then inserting the photo into the NCL documents. NOT!!  Couldn't figure it out for the life of me!

Here's the good part. When you open the docs and you are trying to finish #7, you'll come to the photo area. Lo and behold there is a picture of a camera. I clicked on the camera and all of a sudden my face was on my laptop! 

There is an oval that you center your face into, click again, and the document has your picture. It was incredibly easy.And don't worry about what the picture looks like. They will take another one at the pier.

Also, as mentioned above. If you get stuck, just redo your e-mail and your phone number. I had the same problem. Reentered them and everything okay. Happy Cruising!!

Thank you, I will try again tomorrow.  Fingers crossed.

I finally got mine to complete, it turns out the the phone numbers on our profiles  were incorrect (they had the 0 in front of the number that isn’t needed when using +44 so when I added it in the check in I guess it was trying to validate against that. I reset the phone numbers, waited 30 minutes tried again and now it’s fine 😀

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, mafig said:

I was alright with the email but the phone number sends a text to your phone, correct?

No. It just somehow checks that it is a valid number, and the "verified" comes up. It doesn't send you a code that you have to insert.

• Like 1