Mariner recognition

Bad1987

We went to the Southern Caribbean the week before Christmas 2021on New Statendam and the received our 5-star medals with five other passengers at a party in one of the small lounges. Champagne was served, complimentary. The ship's photographer took our pictures with the captain, and the print was delivered in a nice frame to our cabin, also complimentary.  It was a very intimate and lovely affair. 

• Like 3

We were on two Rotterdam cruises this month and no Mariner luncheon (very disappointing), but they did have the recognition ceremonies for 5* and above in the BB King venue. We made 4* on the last day of the second Rotterdam cruise - woo hoo!

43 minutes ago, Djptcp said:

We were on two Rotterdam cruises this month and no Mariner luncheon (very disappointing), but they did have the recognition ceremonies for 5* and above in the BB King venue. We made 4* on the last day of the second Rotterdam cruise - woo hoo!

Ditto. But in late Feb and early March. About thirty people present for both ceremonies. What was amazing was eight passengers with plus 1,000 days and one man with 3,014 days and counting; only started sailing on HAL 14 years ago.

16 hours ago, Bad1987 said:

Anyone know if they are still doing Mariner recognition ceremonies prior to luncheon. We will be achieving 4 star with our upcoming 14 day cruise and just curious.

We just finished a 7 day cruise on Rotterdam this morning and we received our 4 Star pins yesterday in our cabin with a nice note and congratulations, there was no ceremony.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jhsocal said:

Is the Mariner reception on embarkation day still happening ? On Koningsdam  in 2019, had one in Crows Nest for 3 star and above.

I was just on the NA and there was no Mariner anything that I got invited to. Usually there was at least a luncheon on one of the days. I’m a 3 star. 

1 hour ago, jhsocal said:

Is the Mariner reception on embarkation day still happening ? On Koningsdam  in 2019, had one in Crows Nest for 3 star and above.

Yes it was still happening as recent as this month on the koningsdam.   I want to say it was in the billboard but don’t quote me on that.  I didn’t go because there is too much other stuff to get settled on the first day.

4 hours ago, Navybikermom said:

I was just on the NA and there was no Mariner anything that I got invited to. Usually there was at least a luncheon on one of the days. I’m a 3 star. 

There's no more luncheon - we just get the tiles in our stateroom.  I was on NA last month and was invited to the mariner reception.  I'm 4 star and it was only for 4 & 5 star.  I didn't attend, as it wasn't at a convenient time for me.

Sue/WDW1972

On the Rotterdam in February, there was a small reception for those receiving above bronze medallions with some higher day Mariners in attendance (I think but do not know for sure) that is was not all 4 and 5 star passengers because it was such a small group. There were also recognition for President's Club and there were six or seven on the second of our cruises. Really nice but very few medallions distributed.

And yes, no Mariner's luncheon. Who knows if things will return to what was considered normal after the C word is gone if it ever leaves..............

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, wdw1972 said:

There's no more luncheon - we just get the tiles in our stateroom. 

In September, we just received a note telling us the tiles would be mailed to us. We still haven't gotten any tiles for that cruise. 

24 minutes ago, HAL4NOW said:

In September, we just received a note telling us the tiles would be mailed to us. We still haven't gotten any tiles for that cruise. 

I got told the same.  I don’t want them because I don’t enjoy them.  I asked the front desk not to send them so the can save them for people who do like them so I’m hoping I don’t see it.

9 hours ago, Tennessee Titan said:

Reception for just 5* and Presidents Club on 3/13 Koningsdam....

It must depend on how many 4/5/PC are on each sailing. On all of our sailings since restart, the receptions have be for 4/5/PCs. 

I don't recall ever having recognition ceremonies for achieving **** status.  There are ceremonies for bronze, silver, gold, and platinum medallions that preceded the no longer mariner luncheon.  Although ****, we were not invited to the mariner reception on our cruise last Nov.  Instead, were given a drink card to redeem.  Being silver medallion, we were invited to and attended the medallion ceremony.  There were only a handful of people there so I'm not sure many ****s were in attendance.