Which Side of the Ship in King's Wharf to face the island?

ParksPartyOf3

Cruising to King's Wharf in August and I'd like to increase my chances of a room on the island side of the dock in King's Wharf (so facing land).  Of all my cruises, I've never been to Bermuda. Can anyone recommend from their experience which side to be on? Looks like Port?

(Royal Caribbean - Adventure)

Thanks!

40 minutes ago, ParksPartyOf3 said:

Cruising to King's Wharf in August and I'd like to increase my chances of a room on the island side of the dock in King's Wharf (so facing land).  Of all my cruises, I've never been to Bermuda. Can anyone recommend from their experience which side to be on? Looks like Port?

Thanks!

Im going next year with the wife..i have been there and personally wouldnt go back.  Bermuda has pretty beaches but i guess im in the minority because i think its a boring island..but she wants to go and the ship leaves out 2 hrs from the house..no tsa, planes, hotels and shuttles to deal with..

There are 3 and a half sea days and 2 days in bermuda..i bet we stay on the ship one of those port days and get an extra day to use the thermal suite, lounge by the pool, eat without lines  and just enjoy an empty ship..That would be great.

At the Dockyard both sides face the island......😀. As has been said it can dock either side of the wharf. Been over there over 15 times Since they can dock either way. Decisions can be made on which side needs maintenance. Also tides and wind can make a difference. That said two thirds of the time when we berthed at Kings Wharf the starboard side faced the Dockyard. The other side is a nice water view with ships entering the Great Sound. 

2 hours ago, John Bull said:

They berth with the starboard side to the wharf.🙂

https://goo.gl/maps/L9Qty1j7CY6HatNj7

Or is it the the port side to the wharf? 🤔

https://goo.gl/maps/kESaFgNQRvyJnXMV7

Same camera, just spin it

Googleimages are your friend 😉

JB 🙂

That is starboard but I repeat there is no gruarantee. I looked at old photos I took and about 30% of the time it was docked port side. If they book starboard side the odds will be in their favor.

29 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I repeat there is no guarantee. I looked at old photos I took and about 30% of the time it was docked port side. If they book starboard side the odds will be in their favor.

Sorry I mean 70% of the the port side is next to the dock. Of course that could be a meaningless stat. To small a sample. 

Edited by Charles4515

Maybe these photos I took will put this subject to rest. It can be either side!!!!  My 70% stat is probably not based a big enough sample to be a valid stat. I have photos of the supersized NCL ships docked at the other berth (Heritage Wharf) and those can be docked either way too.

c - 1 (2).jpeg

c - 1 (1).jpeg

Edited by Charles4515

5 hours ago, ParksPartyOf3 said:

Thanks!

LOL. Which way will you tell the captain to park?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

Maybe these photos I took will put this subject to rest. It can be either side!!!!  My 70% stat is probably not based a big enough sample to be a valid stat. I have photos of the supersized NCL ships docked at the other berth (Heritage Wharf) and those can be docked either way too.

c - 1 (2).jpeg

c - 1 (1).jpeg

This picture says it all: the starboard side is facing the Kings Wharf tourist trap, while the port side faces the harbor with the rest of the island, including the Hamilton waterfront in the background (I would say preferable) - but it is academic as they will not always be starboard side alongside the pier.

8 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

That is starboard but I repeat there is no gruarantee. I looked at old photos I took and about 30% of the time it was docked port side. If they book starboard side the odds will be in their favor.

You misunderstood my very British sense of humour, Charles. 😉

The two images were taken at the same time from the same 360degree camera.

You can spin the first image - Celebrity Summit berthed starboard-side to the wharf, and see the second image - Norwegian Breakaway, berthed stern-to-stern behind Celeb Summit.

Showing that which side faces the dock is a bit of a lottery 🙃

JB 🙂

6 hours ago, John Bull said:

You misunderstood my very British sense of humour, Charles. 😉

The two images were taken at the same time from the same 360degree camera.

You can spin the first image - Celebrity Summit berthed starboard-side to the wharf, and see the second image - Norwegian Breakaway, berthed stern-to-stern behind Celeb Summit.

Showing that which side faces the dock is a bit of a lottery 🙃

JB 🙂

I didn't get that  it was humor when I read it but I get it now. 😀

On one of my cruises out of Southhampton on princess all the comedians onboard were British I did not get most of their jokes. 

• Like 1

Sailed on the Summit every year before Covid. Out of those 7 times (June, July and September, only once did starboard side face the wharf. I like port side to see the activity in port and the sunsets behind the clock tower. Starboard side let’s you see the light from the lighthouse. Oh yeah, you do get the “party noise” from the clubs on the port side if you are a light sleeper. Bermuda is one of the most beautiful islands I have ever been to ( and I have been to many). The South shore takes my breath away! It is a must to experience at least once.

On 4/13/2022 at 9:57 PM, Charles4515 said:

Maybe these photos I took will put this subject to rest. It can be either side!!!!  

c - 1 (2).jpeg

c - 1 (1).jpeg

Yes, same ship (X Summit), same dock (King’s Wharf), different year.

The bottom picture was after Summit’s dry dock/refurbishment.