Princess Cruises introduces all-inclusive Premier Package

dides

4 minutes ago, rheathslc said:

This is what I've been saying. Of course they reserve the right to increase prices later and they might do it now even though they're saying they won't but we won't know until the first cruises with new system sail and we hear back from people on board. 

I DO understand why a lot of people are worried though. In the last year Princess has changed benefits at the different Captain's Circle levels, specifically turning the free wi-fi minutes based on cruise length into a 50% discount instead (in my option most likely to make the Princess Plus more attractive to their loyal guests since that's one of the things that's included) and they very recently changed the Full Suite benefits and took away some things. 

100% agree. 

On 5/11/2022 at 10:36 AM, ebeluga said:

Good move from a shareholder's perspective. Lol.

Really......CCL is at a sizzling $13.26 today.....does not sound like the big boys and girls at the brokerage houses are buying it.....this economy is probably going to be tough environment for cruise lines to thrive in......

Edited by PrincessLuver
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

My understanding is that if parents elect to keep the PLUS Fare option for kids in cabin, there is no price reduction to reflect that the kids are getting a lower value package.  But, yes, you can call to have it removed and leave kids on a SAVER Fare level in terms of cost.

It would be a NTH, but Princess seems determined to collect the full amount.  It becomes really questionable with the new price of $50 for PLUS Fare.  Do kids really need $50 worth of non-alcoholic bar drinks every day?

Probably not, but if they need internet access it could still make sense to get Plus once you figure in the cost of gratuities

• Like 1

1 hour ago, caribill said:

The comparison chart earlier in this thread said there are over 60 additional alcohol beverages available with the new package than available now with the original package.

Since there were very few beverages over $12 with the original package, either Princess is adding a large number of new liquors, wines, beers and cocktails on board or they are raising prices.

Which do you think is more likely?

I’m hoping they expand their offerings of wine by the glass 

20 hours ago, jimmieg said:

As they price the package at $75, I wonder if the they will change $25 or $35 for upgrading old package? As so much is unclear, remains to be seen what they will do.

I asked and was told it would be available at $25pp/day extra for those of us who have already booked Princess Plus at $40pp/day on cruises leaving on or after June 25th. It's an answer to my question on their official Facebook page announcement of the new plans.

1 hour ago, rheathslc said:

now it appears we won't get the mini-bar set up (now only on voyages 6 days or longer)

I hadn't heard this about the mini-bar before and just checked the benefits page on Princess - there isn't anything about not receiving the mini-bar if you're on a cruise for less than 6 days. The only footnote for it says For guests 21 and over. Complimentary mini-bar setup is one time only, per Elite stateroom  There is nothing about the length of the cruise. Just curious since although I don't have anything shorter than 7 days booked right now I've taken 5 day cruises in the past.

Edited by NRWPA

1 minute ago, NRWPA said:

I hadn't heard this about the mini-bar before and just checked the benefits page on Princess - there isn't anything about not receiving the mini-bar if you're on a cruise for less than 6 days. The only footnote for it says For guests 21 and over. Complimentary mini-bar setup is one time only, per Elite stateroom  There is nothing about the length of the cruise. Just curious since although I don't have anything shorter than 7 days booked right now I've taken 5 day cruises in the past.

It's in the fine print of the suite flyer PDF. Attached here:

PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf

6 minutes ago, NRWPA said:

3 minutes ago, rheathslc said:

It's in the fine print of the suite flyer PDF. Attached here:

PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf 683.57 kB · 0 downloads

Screenshot Mini Bar.png

Screenshot 2022-05-12 7.18.47 PM.png

1 minute ago, NRWPA said:

Ok, thanks! I misunderstood. I thought you were talking about the elite benefit as well as being in a suite.

Oh, yeah, I won't be elite until after our two 5-day B2Bs in a suite in Sept.

• Like 1

when on the list of items purchased should it say Premier Plus Package or Premier Beverage Package Including Service Charge. I can't tell what I have How do you know which is which?

Thank you

4 minutes ago, rabin1 said:

when on the list of items purchased should it say Premier Plus Package or Premier Beverage Package Including Service Charge. I can't tell what I have How do you know which is which?

Thank you

The only package anybody has at his time is the "Princess Plus" fare option (with wifi, tips, and the original beverage package included) or the stand-alone drinks package which was formerly called "Premier Beverage Package" but is already showing in my cruise personalizer and when you go in to make a new booking as "Plus Beverage Package". It's the one with the $12 limit on beverages. So no matter what your booking summary or the website says it's still the original package. The new Princess Premier won't be available to purchase until May 25th for cruises sailing on June 25th or later. 

Screenshot 2022-05-12 9.54.42 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-05-12 9.55.56 PM.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rheathslc said:

The only package anybody has at his time is the "Princess Plus" fare option (with wifi, tips, and the original beverage package included) or the stand-alone drinks package which was formerly called "Premier Beverage Package" but is already showing in my cruise personalizer and when you go in to make a new booking as "Plus Beverage Package". It's the one with the $12 limit on beverages. So no matter what your booking summary or the website says it's still the original package. The new Princess Premier won't be available to purchase until May 25th for cruises sailing on June 25th or later. 

My travel summary for a Sept cruise still shows "Premier Beverage Package" though. 🙂

Screenshot 2022-05-12 10.01.55 PM.png

• Like 1

Changes are happening so fast.  I am wondering how the crew will know who gets what when.  I was on a b2b in October 2021 for 4 and 5 nights.  I received 2 mini-bars and 2 elite bars (4 total for 9 days).  

Princess will have some very dissatisfied passengers if they promise one thing under an older booking but deny it later on down the line.  (example:  mini-bar for cruise in a suite longer than 6 nights)

But then again, I haven't heard from too many "satisfied" passengers of recent.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PrincessLuver said:

Really......CCL is at a sizzling $13.26 today.....does not sound like the big boys and girls at the brokerage houses are buying it.....this economy is probably going to be tough environment for cruise lines to thrive in......

It's a bit silly to blame Carnival Corp just because the US stock market has crashed. All stocks have been affected not just Carnival Corp.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ccqueenanne said:

I know it's wishful thinking, but I wouldn't hate it if one of us could upgrade to Premier while the other remained at Plus. 

Does anyone know if only one person in a cabin can order the Plus or Premier packages if the other person has a medical condition--that they can document via a doctor's letter--that precludes that person from drinking alcohol?

20 minutes ago, loriva said:

Does anyone know if only one person in a cabin can order the Plus or Premier packages if the other person has a medical condition--that they can document via a doctor's letter--that precludes that person from drinking alcohol?

I am pretty sure that the answer is no, because even if the other person cannot drink alcohol, speciality coffees, teas, mocktails etc are available.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It's a bit silly to blame Carnival Corp just because the US stock market has crashed. All stocks have been affected not just Carnival Corp.

Am not blaming anyone......their stock price does not lie and investors do not see them as a profitable companies now and later evidently regardless of what the rest of the market does.....

7 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I am pretty sure that the answer is no, because even if the other person cannot drink alcohol, speciality coffees, teas, mocktails etc are available.  

This is one thing I wish Princess would change to be like RC.... there you can get a non-alcohol refreshment package for half the price of the alcohol one, which is good for kids and those adults who can't drink alcohol because of medical reasons.

1 minute ago, vjmatty said:

This is one thing I wish Princess would change to be like RC.... there you can get a non-alcohol refreshment package for half the price of the alcohol one, which is good for kids and those adults who can't drink alcohol because of medical reasons.

There are non alcohol packages available.

On my UK booking they are including grats

£16.98pppd  

£8.49pppd

£26.34   (15 coffee/tea)

Get Your Caffeine Fix

Enjoy premium and specialty coffees and teas along with fountain sodas, fruit juices, hot chocolate and “zero-proof” mocktails throughout your entire cruise with this beverage package.

The Coffee & Soda Package is $19.99 USD* per person, per day

The Best Drinks Don’t Need Alcohol

This package includes all fountain sodas, fruit juices, mocktails and smoothies.

The Classic Soda Package is $9.99 USD* per person, per day

Coffee (or Tea) Lovers, Rejoice!

Sip your favorite espresso-based beverage or tea with the pre-purchase of a specified number of specialty coffees (numbers vary by itinerary) during the voyage of purchase, as well as complimentary brewed coffee and hot chocolate.

New Grounds Coffee Package  (number of drinks)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, insidecabin said:

There are non alcohol packages available.

On my UK booking they are including grats

£16.98pppd  

£8.49pppd

£26.34   (15 coffee/tea)

Get Your Caffeine Fix

Enjoy premium and specialty coffees and teas along with fountain sodas, fruit juices, hot chocolate and “zero-proof” mocktails throughout your entire cruise with this beverage package.

The Coffee & Soda Package is $19.99 USD* per person, per day

The Best Drinks Don’t Need Alcohol

This package includes all fountain sodas, fruit juices, mocktails and smoothies.

The Classic Soda Package is $9.99 USD* per person, per day

Coffee (or Tea) Lovers, Rejoice!

Sip your favorite espresso-based beverage or tea with the pre-purchase of a specified number of specialty coffees (numbers vary by itinerary) during the voyage of purchase, as well as complimentary brewed coffee and hot chocolate.

New Grounds Coffee Package  (number of drinks)

Unfortunately that does not help if only one person wants to buy PP. 

9 hours ago, rheathslc said:

My travel summary for a Sept cruise still shows "Premier Beverage Package" though. 🙂

Screenshot 2022-05-12 10.01.55 PM.png

I checked my Summary yesterday for my September cruise and it shows the same thing, Premier Drinks with Service Charge but at the Plus price so I'm confused which one it'll actually be.