Princess reinstating covid protocols?

tampadee

I've seen no articles stating that.  I know our numbers in SC show that it's pretty weak now (almost zero hospitalizations or deaths), so hopefully even with some spread the protocols on ships remain the same.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, tampadee said:

I'm reading on sites reports of covid surges on ships and that Princess has reinstated covid protocols.  Is this true?

Unless you can cite specific reports, you are simply rumor mongering.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

European roll calls of Sky and Emerald have been reporting some measures returning.

They test on those cruises and are getting high numbers with 100s getting bused to quarantine hotels before their flights back to the US.

They were some in place on the cruise after the sky TA.

The stop testing strategy has worked to hide the spread on ships.

Same on NCL end of Dawn TA refused entry to 2 ports after one required testing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JF - retired RRT said:

They actually told you how many cases?

I asked the Sabatini maitre d’ this morning, as this was our last day eating breakfast there, and he told us from what he’s heard there have been only 2 passengers diagnosed with C19 on this cruise. There were also 2 crew members that tested positive when they initially came onboard in SF and were immediately quarantined for 14 days.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, insidecabin said:

European roll calls of Sky and Emerald have been reporting some measures returning.

They test on those cruises and are getting high numbers with 100s getting bused to quarantine hotels before their flights back to the US.

If I might ask, what we’re the cruise dates on the Sky and Emerald cruises you are referring to? I’d like to read them if possible.

We used our masks on our 2 cruises 

We don't care what the protocols are as we think using them is what has kept us healthy!

We stayed away from crowded bars and other activities where many folks sat next to each other without masks

• Like 18

12 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If I might ask, what we’re the cruise dates on the Sky and Emerald cruises you are referring to? I’d like to read them if possible.

I found the Emerald Roll Call I believe you were referring to.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2767357-emerald-formerly-crown-princess-april-16-2022/

8 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Start with the TAs and check them all going forward.

March April May June are the ones I am following.

We were on the sky 28 March  so have first hand after a TA.

following for our later Emerald.

Everything is OK till they start testing people which can happen as some will get sick or a port says test people

• Thanks 1

For us we’re hoping for two things to happen before we fly to our Med cruise in July.

First, Princess stops testing on transition day for those passengers that have booked a 21 day cruise that just happens to have embarkation ports along the way if the cruise is made up of short 7 day cruises.

Second, we’re hoping the US eliminates the requirement for fully vaccinated and boosted US citizens from having to take a C19 test prior to flying back to the US from Europe.

As far as staying safe while on a cruise, we’ve come to the conclusion that it’s pretty much up to my DW and I to protect ourselves as there are quite a few folks cruising on our ship right now that have no issues not wearing a mask while in a tour bus or eating at sharing tables in the MDR. But, that’s cool. That’s their choice.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, insidecabin said:

Agree.....Princess is hiding a lot of things such as letting passengers on the ships who have never been vaccinated.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

Agree.....Princess is hiding a lot of things such as letting passengers on the ships who have never been vaccinated.

It's not just Princess.

Another example

The European 270 rule has been around for months came as a surprise to a lot of Americans relying on cruise line information for their Europe cruises.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

Princess has had an exemption process from the beginning of the restart and never claimed to have 100% vaccination rates.  They don’t grant many exemptions. And they were transparent when they started allowing young children who couldn’t be vaccinated.

I agree there has been an issue with transparency in other areas but not vaccination rates. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

For us we’re hoping for two things to happen before we fly to our Med cruise in July.

First, Princess stops testing on transition day for those passengers that have booked a 21 day cruise that just happens to have embarkation ports along the way if the cruise is made up of short 7 day cruises.

Second, we’re hoping the US eliminates the requirement for fully vaccinated and boosted US citizens from having to take a C19 test prior to flying back to the US from Europe.

As far as staying safe while on a cruise, we’ve come to the conclusion that it’s pretty much up to my DW and I to protect ourselves as there are quite a few folks cruising on our ship right now that have no issues not wearing a mask while in a tour bus or eating at sharing tables in the MDR. But, that’s cool. That’s their choice.

On a cruise ship, it's always been about protecting yourself...wash your hands, don't touch your face, ride the elevator only when it's too many flights of steps to walk up or down, etc...the list goes on.  And I'm glad you realize for others it's their choice. Truth is, at my wife's clinic, the big issue now is people getting other respiratory viruses (especially kids) from wearing masks for 2 years and destroying their immune systems. Cruise ships have always had a higher risk for catching "stuff" than any other form of travel.  It won;t ever change...do what makes you feel better/safe!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I was on the April 16 TA emerald cruise and there were hundreds of cars. Part way thru the cruise they handed out K95 masks and everyone was required to wear them inside. Hundreds were taken off cruise when it docked on Southampton and takes to the Covid hotels including one of our friends and a relative cruising with us. We stayed on ship for the B2B British Isles cruise. Even though everyone was required to wear masks on that cruise the majority did not wear masks and the crew did not press it.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, insidecabin said:

Start with the TAs and check them all going forward.

March April May June are the ones I am following.

We were on the sky 28 March  so have first hand after a TA.

following for our later Emerald.

Everything is OK till they start testing people which can happen as some will get sick or a port says test people

Agree - they tested us about 4 days into our April 16 Emerald TA . We saw some people removed from public areas when their test came back positive and crew members with their tablet started tracking them down on the ship. After we went to Azores there were a lot more cases and then by the time we hit Bilbao cases were very heavy and the captain started requiring masks indoors. There were so many cases that they ran out of quarantined cabins and started quarantine people on their own cabins. Easy enough to tell since their doorways were blocked with a low table that the crew used to leave their food on. When they tested the people flying out on disembarkation day - it was a mess and results didn’t come back quickly. Sone people didn’t find out until they were at the airport that they were positive- including our relative. There were 2 hotels they used for quarantined people- IBIS and Radison Blu. Luckily people got the Radison. They were multiple buse loads of people taken to the hotels. Also more people arrived during the 10 day quarantine period from other Princess cruisies

• Thanks 2

I just got back home so here's the story!  We just returned from a Norwegian cruise Sunday and I always check the CC postings to see if anyone reviewed our cruise.  Then I spent some time on Royal Caribbean because that is where are next cruise is on Aug 28.  That is where I saw the remark about Princess.   We are scheduled to cruise over Christmas on Princess.

FYI there have been quite a few cases I've read about, not on every cruise.  You can read for yourself on CC Norwegian and Royal Caribbean.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, prmssk said:

Princess has had an exemption process from the beginning of the restart and never claimed to have 100% vaccination rates.  They don’t grant many exemptions. And they were transparent when they started allowing young children who couldn’t be vaccinated.

I agree there has been an issue with transparency in other areas but not vaccination rates. 

We have been on several cruises since cruising restarted and are getting on another ship in a couple weeks.  Nowhere were we aware how many people on our cruises were granted a vaccination waiver nor who they were?  

According to staff that we talked to they have a list of all passengers given waivers and according to them it is a lot more than just a few.

15 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

We have been on several cruises since cruising restarted and are getting on another ship in a couple weeks.  Nowhere were we aware how many people on our cruises were granted a vaccination waiver nor who they were?  

According to staff that we talked to they have a list of all passengers given waivers and according to them it is a lot more than just a few.

I since the restart, it has always been 5% of passengers or less. Do you need an exact number?  And why would they tell you specifically who had been granted an exemption?

• Like 2

We are on the Emerald now. Before boarding on Monday, we were told to mask up. The majority are wearing masks. However, no masks when eating or drinking. All staff is masked up. AND..... Wait for it..... you MUST sit down somewhere to order anything from a bar... The bad part is there are no menus on the tables and you need to flag someone down. You may NOT stand at the bar, Coffee Bar, or Vines to order... Oh, Vines is closed...So is Sabatinis.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7