Arcadia - Any ideas what she's up to?

Son of Anarchy

59 minutes ago, sandancer said:

Arcadia is no longer berthed at the Port of Tyne. 

That's interesting because Marine Traffic and Vessel Finder both show the ship still berthed at the cruise quay and she's still in port according to the Port of Tyne list. But... the Youtube video was posted two days ago. How very strange.

5 minutes ago, sandancer said:

She’s not been there since Thursday unless she crept back in last night. 

That would seem to suggest that she's left earlier than the estimated departure date of 30/05/2022. The Port of Tyne also recorded that she moved "seaward" but if that's not being shown on the usual sites... it probably means that AIS is switched off.

We are left with a bit of a mystery!

49 minutes ago, kalos said:

see that she went up the coast to Berwick and back , keeping things running .

That explains it all! The reason that she is shown current at the Port of Tyne is that's where she is. What you've shown is the past tract as to where she was in the last couple of days. Mystery solved.

• Like 1

That is the big question,top guesses are either she is having work done to sort the problems that showed up in her recent return to cruising OR being stripped after being sold......but then again maybe it is just the cheapest place for her to berth right now!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, snaefell said:

That is the big question,top guesses are either she is having work done to sort the problems that showed up in her recent return to cruising OR being stripped after being sold......but then again maybe it is just the cheapest place for her to berth right now!

I hope it's either box 1 and/or box 3🤞

Avril

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I hope it's either box 1 and/or box 3🤞

Avril

Moley has already commented that only P&O logo'd items would need to be removed before selling a vessel, and there is very little that falls into that category.

• Thanks 1

On 5/29/2022 at 12:15 PM, Port out said:

Just had a positive update from P&O for our cruise on the 5th July 'Your guide to dining and drinks on Arcadia for J212' sounds a little more promising, fingers crossed. 

My friends are due on this one, and we are supposed to board the day you get off, so I have everything crossed at the moment, not just fingers!

• Like 1

On 5/28/2022 at 10:30 PM, snaefell said:

I read elsewhere that it's simply a cheap berth. 

• Like 1

Good evening Arcadia fans, the ship dropped anchor in Lyme Bay at approx 9.10 this morning - and clearly on view from our house!  (Teignmouth) welcome back, she was here through much of the covid lockdowns. I can even see our cabin. Will post when we spot any movement. 

• Like 7