Serenade of the Seas Details, Please

On 6/6/2022 at 10:28 AM, latebuyer said:

I understand serenade has a jogging track too and that would be nice.

There is a video out there where someone videotaped themselves going around the track. It looks nice (although pretty much like tracks on most ships) - however, it is the surrounding scenery that makes the run all that more pleasurable.

If you have not been on a ship's track before, take note: If you can, try to do your running early in the morning then there are no passengers blocking the way (just other joggers/walkers and maybe a few maintenance personnel working/cleaning).

On 6/6/2022 at 12:59 AM, baelor said:

Why would you post this without at least also answering the OP’s question?

Some people, and this person is not the only one, would rather give criticism than a helpful answer.  It’s easy to be critical when one has no positive answer…but at least you get a feeling for what this person is like and can just skip over their responses the next time knowing they have nothing of value to add.  JMHO

• Like 5

6 hours ago, coganm said:

I'm doing a girls cruise out of Tampa Oct 20-25. I'm a diamond member and wondering what kind of perks are offered on Seranade.  Thanks

I would think the same Diamond perks as the other ships. Are you looking for something in particular?

• 3 months later...

Interesting thread.

We booked a cruise out of Tampa on the Serenade in early February. First time on a Radiance class ship though we started cruising Royal on the Empress and Majesty in the 1990s.

Going with two of my brothers and their wives. One brother has done maybe 5 cruises. He was on the last cruise in 2020 before all the cruise lines shut down for covid. The other I think this will be their second cruise overall and their first in about 15 years.  Should be a fun trip.

Never even looked to see what kind of ship it was. Just booked it because it was cheap, was leaving out of Tampa and was going to Roatan and Belize. Told my brothers about it and they signed on.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, flpenguin said:

We were on the Serenade 2 weeks ago in Alaska. I love the smaller ships and the Serenade has so much glass-Schooner Bar, Outside elevators that you can see scenery even when inside.

Yes, Agree. Radiance Class was designed to combine the best of Vision and Voyager Class's

• Like 1

Just off Serenade this past weekend (Alaska multi glacier itinerary) and while I usually love this class of ship I was very disappointed with a few things in the GS category we sailed in.

Getting ready to board her this coming Sunday for the Panama Canal but have opted for the OS and so glad I did. I usually sail for the itinerary but I'll now lean towards the ship class and specific category as well.

Edited by Ashland

Our first ever RCL cruise will be next May on the Serenade.  We have booked a Grand Suite, and our family members will be on Junior Suites.  Does the Serenade have a Suite Lounge, like other bigger ships?  Does it have a Coastal Kitchen as a perk for suites, or any other venue?  What other perks can we expect?  Thanks so much for you help!

5 hours ago, Camillus112 said:

Our first ever RCL cruise will be next May on the Serenade.  We have booked a Grand Suite, and our family members will be on Junior Suites.  Does the Serenade have a Suite Lounge, like other bigger ships?  Does it have a Coastal Kitchen as a perk for suites, or any other venue?  What other perks can we expect?  Thanks so much for you help!

This was our first time in a grand suite.  There is a concierge/suite lounge that has a happy hour with free alcohol from 5-8. The family members in the junior suite would not qualify.  There is no coastal kitchen but you can have breakfast in Chops every morning which was very nice. The suite lounge also has a continental breakfast and small sandwiches for lunch as well as hor dourves during happy hour.

52 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Whenever I think Voyager, I think of Promenade and Ice Rink

Whenever I think of Radiance class I think of the poor design of the Centrum and the fact that they use this area when they should be using the Safari Lounge...as it seats more people.

This couldn't have been more evident on the Serenade last week.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Whenever I think of Radiance class I think of the poor design of the Centrum and the fact that they use this area when they should be using the Safari Lounge...as it seats more people.

I was on Serenade last year when it was at 1/3 capacity and I almost lived in the Centrum/ R-Bar.  It was perfect then as an entertainment venue.  I can't a imagine it at full capacity I would think it would be a nightmare.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

True. Pre-CV Cruises on Serenade and Brilliance I've done were all 10-16 niters and Repo's where 2-3 Lounges, inc Safari, were usually used for Diamond overflow. Diamond then used only by Diamond+. Not many other areas left for non-Upper Tier Members except Centrum, which wasn't originally used as much until they added the no longer done aerial shows.