Fahrenheit 555 opinions?

We went twice on the Carnival Spirit this last week.  While it isn’t branded as the Fahrenheit 555 it has the same menu.  The food was good and well above the quality found in the MDR.  I got the Rib Eye one night and the Cowboy steak the other.  My wife got the Lobster both nights.  For a special occasion I think you will enjoy it.  

• Like 3

I usually book the steakhouse the first night of the cruise to celebrate being back on board again. 

Next month the first night was full except for very late times so booked the second (elegant) night.

First night and elegant night a free bottle of wine is included.

I always really enjoy it.

Edited by maryann2
  • Like 2

Used to be the best steakhouse at sea and we went to it on previous cruises.

But on our last Breeze cruise Mrs. T's steak was inedible.

She bravely tried to eat it but gave up. When we pointed it out to the waiter he said you should have sent it back but now it was too late. No compensation or refund  was offered.

Needless to say we did not try it on our follow-up cruise on the Dream.

But if you have never been before, give it a try. If it is good, it is very good.

• Like 1

I've done it many times and have always thoroughly enjoyed it.  I think it's one up-charge item everyone should consider.

I prefer to do it night one -- otherwise I will be so full of everything else on the ship!  As Maryann2 mentioned, it's a great way to celebrate being back at sea!

Edited by EarloftheSeas
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, havanadaydreaming said:

Whats everyones take on Carnivals steakhouse? 

Im leaning toward going late June on our anniversary.  Weve sailed carnival many times but never paid for a specialty restaurant. 

We like the steakhouse on ncl but thats usually included in our fare.  

We always do the Steakhouse on the first night. They sometimes include it for the second night also. It includes a FREE bottle of wine or 50% off a bottle of your choice. The food has always been excellent. We usually cannot eat it all.

Guest BasicSailor

They took a few things away from the MDR and added a few other options and named it Fahrenheit 555 for an upcharge fee.   It's great as we enjoy some of the menu.

21 hours ago, TexasBrit said:

Used to be the best steakhouse at sea and we went to it on previous cruises.

But on our last Breeze cruise Mrs. T's steak was inedible.

She bravely tried to eat it but gave up. When we pointed it out to the waiter he said you should have sent it back but now it was too late. No compensation or refund  was offered.

Needless to say we did not try it on our follow-up cruise on the Dream.

But if you have never been before, give it a try. If it is good, it is very good.

Wow...pretty crappy response...would have expected more. Kinda reminds me of the time we were a day before dis-embarking and the cabin steward came by and said.." Hey, I 'm going to gone tomorrow, so if you wanted to leave me a little something, you could do it now or tonight."

45 minutes ago, gambler said:

Is the free or 50% bottle of wine only good if you book the steakhouse on board? or is it good if you pre book and pay ahead?

You still get the wine when you pre-book and pay ahead.

Not sure if this mentioned as I didn’t read through entire thread. You can choose two Appetizers although we have found the staff most recently never tell you that. At one time soups/salads were listed separately so people knew to choose one from each category. Now all Appetizers are in one list and you can choose two. 

I've probably had over 30 Steakhouse dinners over 40 Carnival cruises, perhaps the service was sub par once when we were assigned trainees as wait staff?  Didn't like the noise filtering into the steakhouse from a deck below playing name that tune on the Pride.  Otherwise, all my other steakhouse experiences were certainly positive.

Now the OP brings up a good point.  When you reach NCL's platinum level (easy to get to) you get a free specialty restaurant dinner each and every cruise.  I think I got just one free meal from Carnival, which makes NCL's specialty restaurants a much better deal!

On 6/11/2022 at 6:09 PM, maryann2 said:

I usually book the steakhouse the first night of the cruise to celebrate being back on board again. 

Next month the first night was full except for very late times so booked the second (elegant) night.

First night and elegant night a free bottle of wine is included.

I always really enjoy it.

No one in my group drinks wine. Will they substitute it for anything else?

2 minutes ago, butterfly55 said:

No one in my group drinks wine. Will they substitute it for anything else?

No. It's just a small token to entice people to go to the steakhouse on the first night, the wine is certainly not worth getting excited over.

Always a great meal in the steakhouse. Wonderful this past Mardis Gras cruise. Service was good but not what we were used to. One waiter serving many tables with no help and so I didn't get my first glass of wine for about 20 minutes after I had ordered. And it took a long time to get through the meal, through no fault of the waiter's but rather limited staff. That said, again, great food.

On 6/12/2022 at 7:54 PM, mz-s said:

No. It's just a small token to entice people to go to the steakhouse on the first night, the wine is certainly not worth getting excited over.

We actually enjoyed the red wine. As you can imagine we are not picky at all.