OK....let's lighten up and have some fun with the latest Princess slogan

CineGraphic

5 hours ago, pris993 said:

I see it differently.  Staff excellent, company facing challenges.  I accept that the company is trying to come back and not there yet.   Complaining does not make it better.  I am willing to cut the company some slack.  I did see they were offering big discounts into 2023, that is a sign company in trouble.  I hope it makes it.  

How much slack are you prepared to cut them? At best, Princess has incredibly unrealistic goals in their ability to sail at full capacity given the shortage of crew. Ay worst, they are knowingly and deliberately doing so when they know there is insufficient staff. Neither option inspires much confidence. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vjmatty said:

How much slack are you prepared to cut them? At best, Princess has incredibly unrealistic goals in their ability to sail at full capacity given the shortage of crew. Ay worst, they are knowingly and deliberately doing so when they know there is insufficient staff. Neither option inspires much confidence. 

We are on Emerald, 80% if captain numbers are right, a bit more according to other sources.

Shortages are evident, no Steamers,  no Planks, it's Sabatini OR Crown grill.

Some bar hours are short as staff move to cover the main inside locations as they get busy early evening.

We are not finding service levels a problem the times we are using places.

Buffet has been busy at times, plenty of coverage to get your drinks and clear tables.

Overflow tables in steamers planks so no crowding.

Bar service has been very good(don't use app)

The MDR service outstanding in the spot we have eating around 8pm.

Sea day yesterday had a wander around in the afternoon no idea where every is as loads of space around the ship Atrium the busiest as they had the band doing Jazz.

Outside not that busy as quite cool.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/20/2022 at 12:42 PM, CineGraphic said:

The latest slogan from the Princess Facebook page leaves the door wide-open to interpretation.

So, how would you describe the current "Princess Treatment"?

It looks like princess agrees ... princess is not "where I belong"!

• Like 1

Somewhere some marketing "gurus" are laughing all the way to the bank after some higher up apparently approved one of the worst marketing slogans imaginable at a time when complaints about princess cut backs, services, hold times, etc are at record levels.  Why would you go out of your way to antagonize your customers and invite people to remember when the Princess treatment was much more positive than now?

Fix the issues and "come back new".

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, dockman said:

Somewhere some marketing "gurus" are laughing all the way to the bank after some higher up apparently approved one of the worst marketing slogans imaginable at a time when complaints about princess cut backs, services, hold times, etc are at record levels.  Why would you go out of your way to antagonize your customers and invite people to remember when the Princess treatment was much more positive than now?

Fix the issues and "come back new".

Princess marketing is NOT aimed at current Princess customers ... really it's as simple as that ... nothing more, nothing less ...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

Princess marketing is NOT aimed at current Princess customers ... really it's as simple as that ... nothing more, nothing less ...

Maybe so but obviously current Princess customers will see the new "marketing message"...dumb message, simple as that.

Why would you go out of your way to antagonize your customers and invite people to remember when the Princess treatment was much more positive than now?

16 hours ago, vjmatty said:

I have not lost confidence in Princess, may you have.  I was on the Ruby for 10 days in January.  Going on the Royal again in December for 15 days.  I don't expect things to be as good as they were before the Pandemic.  Short comings in January were not deal brakers for me. 

When I have cruised before the Pandemic, if I was not entirely satisfied by some aspect of my experience, I generally thought what can I do differently to satisfy my needs?  Doing so made my travel experience better.   My first thought was not what is the cruise line doing that is wrong?

When I go again in December, a holiday cruise, I plan to address issues in the same manner.  If something is not working for me I will change what I am doing.   For example, even before the Pandemic, I was not enjoying the MDR experience.  So I stopped going to the MDR.   Found I did not miss it at all.   

I seek out what I enjoy, avoid what I don't, it is that simple.   There is enough variety on cruise ships to satisfy me.  Maybe I am less critical but that works for me.  Happy cruising.  

• Like 3

13 hours ago, caribill said:

Or work with an old slogan:

Escape Completely! -- there will be no working Internet

I can hear the background music now from The Who's "Won't Get Fooled Again" - Meet the new net, same as the old net...

13 hours ago, caribill said:

Or work with an old slogan:

Escape Completely! -- there will be no working Internet

You will never Escape Completely from The Princess Treatment!

The Princess Treatment:    where you get your own personal shopping consultant to refer you to Effy jewelry, where they offer you an awesome 60% off discount, just because you're special.  You can drive right down the street to the jewelry store at home, where they charge one quarter what Effy does at regular price.   And oh...did I forget to mention that going out on a cruise has nothing to do with jewelry?