Here's a scarey headline for CCL stockholders: Carnival Stock Could Fall to $0 in a Worst Case Scenario

cruising deacon

1 hour ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

What perks?  Choc covered strawberries?  A plastic luggage tag?  A can koozie?  A liter bottle of water?  Other "perks" that are sold to anyone through FTTF?

Exactly. If you need to be bribed to cruise on Carnival, you may not be the mass market cruiser Carnival wants.

On 6/19/2022 at 2:07 PM, Ombud said:

The Grand Class is my favorite class but is it the highest profit per passenger into the future?? I'm still cruising Golden & Star on POAU

Golden Princess  = Pacific Adventure

Star Princess  = Pacific Encounter

Sphere layout is as bad as RCCL with interior balconies. Horrible idea

Does the Golden still have her Window Suites?

1 hour ago, 2 cruises a year said:

We still have thousands of dollars in FCC`s that we more than likely will lose.  Call it our contribution to the cause. 🤑

You have a plethora of choices cruising doing California Coastal, Mexican Riviera, Alaska and Hawaii off the top of my head.  You can drive to most ports of embarkation or take a short flight.   But instead you'll decide to throw it away.   SMH

Have sailed four times since January on Princess, Celebrity, Royal and Carnival, with passenger capacities ranging from 35-80%.  Did not feel we had a limited experience at all during our 52 days at sea.  Have another 28 days booked later this year.  If you wish to donate one of your FCC's to us, we would be more than happy to take it off your hands.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Don't need to be bribed at all to cruise on Carnival.  It's a shame though that the so called perks they offer pale in comparison to what their competition offers. 

Yet the Carnival ships sail full.

12 hours ago, Potstech said:

Why not?

There was the same doom and gloom when Costa Concordia capsized (and not sunk as the press would have you believe!).

There was so much rubbish spoken about the legal claims that would bury the company and the cruise industry would collapse. No one gives a thought about Costa Concordia or even remembers it happened back in January 2012 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

You have a plethora of choices cruising doing California Coastal, Mexican Riviera, Alaska and Hawaii off the top of my head.  You can drive to most ports of embarkation or take a short flight.   But instead you'll decide to throw it away.   SMH

Have sailed four times since January on Princess, Celebrity, Royal and Carnival, with passenger capacities ranging from 35-80%.  Did not feel we had a limited experience at all during our 52 days at sea.  Have another 28 days booked later this year.  If you wish to donate one of your FCC's to us, we would be more than happy to take it off your hands.

NEVER "brag" about your cruise experience.  There is only one person (or couple) that can get away with that.  YOU are not that person.  I will concede that you have sailed on more cruise lines than we have.  'Nuff said.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Esprit said:

There was the same doom and gloom when Costa Concordia capsized (and not sunk as the press would have you believe!).

There was so much rubbish spoken about the legal claims that would bury the company and the cruise industry would collapse. No one gives a thought about Costa Concordia or even remembers it happened back in January 2012 

I do.  I give them A thought:   I browse the sailings, and I immediately gloss over Costa.  Just saying.

20 hours ago, mnocket said:

Some pros say the time to buy speculative stocks is when it's all doom and gloom, and everyone is running for the door.  On the other hand, never put money into speculative stocks that you can't afford to lose.

That is true, but that is not the same as just buying CCL stock for the OBC credit and then selling it to get your money back.

3 minutes ago, tetleytea said:

I do.  I give them A thought:   I browse the sailings, and I immediately gloss over Costa.  Just saying.

Many years ago we went to a cruise expo run by a brick and mortar TA. There was a question and answer period, and I asked what effect do you think the Costa Concordia disaster will have on cruising. He answered by asking the audience how many had ever cruised on Costa. And no one raised their hand!

16 hours ago, suzyed said:

True but it seems most of the cruise lines are still doing it.
I heard that RCI's CEO believes that eventually (in the next several months) the pre-cruise testing will go away but the vaccine requirements will stay in place for awhile.

I have no problem with vaccine requirements, but testing all vaccinated passengers is excessive and unsustainable.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Since when are the Covid protocols limited to Carnival corporation?  All of the major mass market lines have voluntarily decided to follow the CDC's guidelines.  So, are all of the cruise lines going to go bankrupt? 

What testing stress?  If you come up positive, you get a refund as a FCC and you just have to flip your airfare to a future flight.

I think the entire cruise industry is in danger of going bankrupt, but Carnival is especially vulnerable due to their massive debt.  I have no problem with vaccine requirements, but testing all passengers is excessive and unsustainable.  Most other vacation options do not have the stress associated with testing everyone.  Given the choice, I think many people would choose a less stressful vacation alternative.

Edited by travelhound
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, travelhound said:

I have no problem with vaccine requirements, but testing all vaccinated passengers is excessive and unsustainable.

Then you don't want to work in the film or tv industry.

Everyone on set must be up to date on vaccines and boosters. We are tested at least once every three days. The networks are spending billions on Covid prevention as shutting down a production costs more than the preventive measures.

I've had as many as 5 tests in 2 days.

The inside of my nose is no longer on speaking terms with me.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, CineGraphic said:

Everyone on set must be up to date on vaccines and boosters. We are tested at least once every three days. The networks are spending billions on Covid prevention as shutting down a production costs more than the preventive measures.

That's called a job.  I think many people would not voluntarily pay for that experience and call it a vacation.  That said, I have no problem with vaccine requirements or a more sensible protocol like: Provide proof of vaccination or a negative test, but not both.

I thought the drive-in Walgreens testing was anything but stressful, but it also didn't cost $129.   If that's what they charge now, and the balcony itself only costs $700 for the week, that is a hefty chunk of change.

1 hour ago, travelhound said:

That's called a job.  I think many people would not voluntarily pay for that experience and call it a vacation. 

I’ve paid for it three times since restart and have thoroughly enjoyed my vacations (1 Majestic and 2 Discovery). I haven’t heard of very many people not cruising because they have to be tested, have you? I’m just not sure where you’re getting this information from? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tetleytea said:

I thought the drive-in Walgreens testing was anything but stressful, but it also didn't cost $129.   If that's what they charge now, and the balcony itself only costs $700 for the week, that is a hefty chunk of change.

Just changed yesterday; not sure if insurance will cover.

Ordering the proctored home tests are much cheaper

3 minutes ago, KKB said:

Just changed yesterday; not sure if insurance will cover.

Ordering the proctored home tests are much cheaper

But either way, we're back to it being stressful again.   With that rigamarole, I could easily just say forget it and not cruise.

2 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

Everyone who works in the film industry or has applied for it raise your hands.

3 minutes ago, tetleytea said:

But either way, we're back to it being stressful again.   With that rigamarole, I could easily just say forget it and not cruise.

Up to you. 

Didn't find it to be a big deal for our cruises; we ran thru Walgreens drive thru b4 last cruise.

Travel can involve stress, at least at our price point--COVID tests, airline mishaps, staff shortages.

It is what it is. 

We try to roll with things & feel blessed we have the resources, health & time to travel as we please.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, KKB said:

Up to you. 

Didn't find it to be a big deal for our cruises; we ran thru Walgreens drive thru b4 last cruise.

Travel can involve stress, at least at our price point--COVID tests, airline mishaps, staff shortages.

It is what it is. 

We try to roll with things & feel blessed we have the resources, health & time to travel as we please.

I did, too.  Walgreens was very stress-free, but that was also before the $129.

8 minutes ago, tetleytea said:

I did, too.  Walgreens was very stress-free, but that was also before the $129.

Pass on that. Curious if insurance will cover.