Change in HAL Pre-Cruise COVID Test Requirement (June 30, 2022)

Kamfish642

Just received the following email from HAL for our upcoming 14-Day Best of Norway cruise departing on July 10:

June 30, 2022

Dear Valued Guest:

We look forward to welcoming you on board Rotterdam for your upcoming voyage (booking XXXXXX).

We are reaching out to advise you of a change to our COVID-19 testing requirement that affects your sailing. As health protocols around the world continue to evolve, we are adjusting our policies to align with those of the countries we visit. As a result, you are no longer required to undergo pre-cruise COVID-19 testing or produce a negative test result at embarkation for this cruise. 

Our COVID-19 vaccination requirements remain in place:

·        All guests 12 years and older are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with the final dose of an approved vaccine received at least 14 days prior to embarkation.

·        Guests 18 years and older must have received a COVID-19 booster dose if their final dose of an approved vaccine is older than 9 months (270 days) from the last day of their cruise.

·        Guests who do not meet these vaccination requirements must receive an approved vaccination exemption from Holland America Line in advance of their cruise.

For full health and safety guidelines for your voyage, please visit our website. Please note that at this time, the removal of testing requirements only applies to select voyages, so our full FAQ has not been updated. For this cruise, please disregard the testing requirements listed there.

Here at Holland America Line, the health and well-being of our guests, team members, and the communities we visit are our highest priority. Our protocols are designed to ensure a relaxing and memorable vacation experience while maximizing the health and safety of our guests and crew. 

Thank you for choosing Holland America Line, and we look forward to seeing you on board soon.

Kind regards,

Holland America Line

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

June 30, 2022

Dear Valued Guest:

We look forward to welcoming you on board Rotterdam for your upcoming voyage (booking XRXXXX).

We are reaching out to advise you of a change to our COVID-19 testing requirement that affects your sailing. As health protocols around the world continue to evolve, we are adjusting our policies to align with those of the countries we visit. As a result, you are no longer required to undergo pre-cruise COVID-19 testing or produce a negative test result at embarkation for this cruise. 

Our COVID-19 vaccination requirements remain in place:

• All guests 12 years and older are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with the final dose of an approved vaccine received at least 14 days prior to embarkation.
  • Guests 18 years and older must have received a COVID-19 booster dose if their final dose of an approved vaccine is older than 9 months (270 days) from the last day of their cruise.
  • Guests who do not meet these vaccination requirements must receive an approved vaccination exemption from Holland America Line in advance of their cruise.

For full health and safety guidelines for your voyage, please visit our website. Please note that at this time, the removal of testing requirements only applies to select voyages, so our full FAQ has not been updated. For this cruise, please disregard the testing requirements listed there.

Here at Holland America Line, the health and well-being of our guests, team members, and the communities we visit are our highest priority. Our protocols are designed to ensure a relaxing and memorable vacation experience while maximizing the health and safety of our guests and crew.

Thank you for choosing Holland America Line, and we look forward to seeing you on board soon.

Kind regards,

Holland America Line

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, KAKcruiser said:

I didn't know they were requiring a booster.

I depends on the country. The Netherlands requires a booster if your main vaccine(s) is/are more than 270 days ago. Once you have one booster you are good “forever.”

22 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Although the website FAQ is showing being updated on June 30th (today!) it still does not reflect this change.  

Just reread the whole email and they are for selected cruises only.  Wonder what the selection parameters are??

Please note that at this time, the removal of testing requirements only applies to select voyages, so our full FAQ has not been updated. For this cruise, please disregard the testing requirements listed there.

• Thanks 1

Please note that at this time, the removal of testing requirements only applies to select voyages, so our full FAQ has not been updated. For this cruise, please disregard the testing requirements listed there.

Hoping it is for all ex Amsterdam cruises as we have one end of August! 🤞

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, im4it said:

Effective for Rotterdam 07/10/22 Amsterdam to Amsterdam at least as I also received it.

So far then it is restricted to sailings to Norway only from Amsterdam.

Let's hope that more cruisers post with their good news!

• Like 2

My friends I was visiting are going on a Norway cruise and just got the same email as Lisa’s.  One booster (which they have ) and no testing 👍 

This matches my reply to their survey.  As far as I am concerned if everyone is fully vaccinated (that includes a booster if too much time has elapsed) I don’t see the need for testing.  those that are vaccinated have mild symptoms 99.9 % of the time IF they test positive.  Many do not even feel sick.  That was the whole purpose of the vaccine. 👍 

it’s good news as far as I am concerned and I hope it applies to our cruise in the Fall.  Spain doesn’t require testing for me to enter - just proof of vaccination and booster.

• Like 10

This is very cruise destination specific,  I believe.  For example,  cruises to Canada require a negative test prior to boarding.  So any of the upcoming trans Atlantic cruises that stop in Canada will most likely still require a negative test.

I had heard Canada was scheduled for a policy review on or about July 1, but it didn't sound like the testing request part of the rules.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Just reread the whole email and they are for selected cruises only.  Wonder what the selection parameters are??

I would assume it would apply to countries which still have a COVID test requirement for entry.  Not may anymore.

1 hour ago, VMax1700 said:

So far then it is restricted to sailings to Norway only from Amsterdam.

Let's hope that more cruisers post with their good news!

I'm not sure of any countries in Europe that are still requiring a negative COVID test for entry, possibly Greece, so this should apply to almost all European cruises.

• Like 2