Time from Seattle port to airport

JTBCruiser

NCL has a great program. I left my bag out the night before disembarkation with special airline tag.  Met my bag at final destination.  Paid airline baggage fee with onboard account.  Very easy.✌️

17 minutes ago, jskinsd said:

NCL has a great program. I left my bag out the night before disembarkation with special airline tag.  Met my bag at final destination.  Paid airline baggage fee with onboard account.  Very easy.✌️

Never heard of this before but sounds great. I'll have to check it out. 

15 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

It's actually a service provided by the Port of Seattle.

https://www.portseattle.org/page/port-valet-enjoy-seattle-luggage-free

It says there is no fee to use it. We are flying SWA with early bird passes. If I read correctly we will get this boarding pass on the ship?  Almost too good to be true. 

30 minutes ago, JTBCruiser said:

It says there is no fee to use it. We are flying SWA with early bird passes. If I read correctly we will get this boarding pass on the ship?  Almost too good to be true. 

I haven't actually used it myself but I'm sure @jskinsd will be happy to chime in with some details for you. 

35 minutes ago, JTBCruiser said:

I suggest looking into the time involved...  the baggage can't get off the ship before you dock and get cleared.  Then it has to be taken from wherever the ship stores it (separately) to the vehicle that's going to take it to the airport.  Then it has to get to your airline.  If you have a few hours cushion, no problem.  Check their guidelines.  

Do you have to accompany your bags through customs?  If so, you and the bags leave the port at about the same time.

Edited by billslowsky

11 hours ago, JTBCruiser said:

I'm looking at a flight out of Seattle airport at 11:25 AM. Is that pushing it?  We've never flown out of this airport after a cruise. 

That is no problem at all. 

Recommend using the NCL Port-to-Airport transfers. Fast, Easy. Efficient. Bell Street Cruise Terminal has no pick-up area. The street is crowded (multiple lanes blocked) with trucks bringing provisions for the next cruise.  People sometimes drag their bags for blocks to find a clear spot for an Uber pick-up. And, we have found that Ubers are more expensive than two NCL bus transfers. 

Also recommend using the Port Valet service. Port Valet picks up your luggage at your room on the last night of the cruise, transports it to the airport, and checks it in with your airline. The next time you have to handle your bags is at your destination airport. You pay your normal baggage fee (or the baggage fee is waived if you have status with the airline). And there are no weight limits for the bags (so you can pack them full of Alaskan goodies and not worry about getting under 50 lbs). 

Our timeline is shown below. You could/should start out at least 30 minutes earlier. 

8:45 left stateroom 

9:27 arrive airport (about 25 min drive)

10:09 checked in bags with airline and through TSA security

People trying to catch an Uber are having to walk several blocks to get out of the crowds. Both Uber XL and Lyft XL were $63+tip at the time we got out.  NCL transfers were $25 pp. 

6980580F-8B0C-48A7-83A7-250735A2EDD6.thumb.jpeg.e018a255838083013c6bdb9805336314.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Two questions if anyone can answer one or both-

1-For the PortValet service, how do you pay your luggage fee to your airline (Delta in our case)?

2-Can you purchase your NCL transfer to airport using your OBC?  (We will have non-refundable)

11:25 should give you time barring any major accident on I5, but if you do not have TSA PreCheck, I highly reccomend you look into SEA Space Saver. You book a time in advance to go through security. Lines army SEA during the summer can be gnarly. If you have TSA AND Clear, you'll be fine. I've been through security 15 minutes or less each time. 

On 7/3/2022 at 8:13 AM, BirdTravels said:

That is no problem at all. 

Recommend using the NCL Port-to-Airport transfers. Fast, Easy. Efficient. Bell Street Cruise Terminal has no pick-up area. The street is crowded (multiple lanes blocked) with trucks bringing provisions for the next cruise.  People sometimes drag their bags for blocks to find a clear spot for an Uber pick-up. And, we have found that Ubers are more expensive than two NCL bus transfers. 

Also recommend using the Port Valet service. Port Valet picks up your luggage at your room on the last night of the cruise, transports it to the airport, and checks it in with your airline. The next time you have to handle your bags is at your destination airport. You pay your normal baggage fee (or the baggage fee is waived if you have status with the airline). And there are no weight limits for the bags (so you can pack them full of Alaskan goodies and not worry about getting under 50 lbs). 

Our timeline is shown below. You could/should start out at least 30 minutes earlier. 

8:45 left stateroom 

9:27 arrive airport (about 25 min drive)

10:09 checked in bags with airline and through TSA security

People trying to catch an Uber are having to walk several blocks to get out of the crowds. Both Uber XL and Lyft XL were $63+tip at the time we got out.  NCL transfers were $25 pp. 

6980580F-8B0C-48A7-83A7-250735A2EDD6.thumb.jpeg.e018a255838083013c6bdb9805336314.jpeg

Do you have a link to port valet?  How did you schedule this?  Thanks

20 hours ago, JTBCruiser said:

Do you have a link to port valet?  How did you schedule this?  Thanks

Go to portseattle.org. 

I intend to sign up with them for our September cruise, however I have already gotten one change to my airline schedule and am afraid it may happen again.

I have read you can sign up in advance, but have also seen reference to ability to sign up after you board the ship.  Unsure if that still applies.

On 7/2/2022 at 9:12 PM, JTBCruiser said:

Never heard of this before but sounds great. I'll have to check it out. 

It's not NCL's program, NCL just participates. It works for many cruise lines and airlines. I've used it twice (2018 and 2019 on HAL through Southwest). It's really a fantastic service and it's free! We always signed up for it on the ship. They brought the forms to your room on one of the last few nights (this was HAL).

Edited by Shel71
  • Thanks 1

On 7/3/2022 at 8:03 AM, ColeThornton said:

It's actually a service provided by the Port of Seattle.

Be sure to check with your individual airline - Alaska Airline recently changed the earliest qualifying flight for Port Valet service from 11am to noon, which just disqualified our 11:15 flight....

On 7/3/2022 at 8:20 AM, JTBCruiser said:

Sounds great. We’ll have about 6 hrs before our plane.  It’ll be nice not to have to carry our luggage around