So disappointed with Royal Caribbean

7 minutes ago, poocher said:

I think you may be right in a lot of cases.  God forbid it reflects the diversity of our country.

It never would have crossed my mind that would be a reason to not like something. I keep my head buried in beach sand  sometimes.

Edited by lovesthebeach2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Did you sit underneath the Lamp Genie🤔

Well worth it at least once

No my seats were at the front of the top level, if that makes any sense describing the location.  I'll certainly try I again.  Maybe I had an off night.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

It never would have crossed my mind that would be a reason to not like something. I keep my head buried in beach sand  sometimes.

Yet I think it’s true.  

4 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I realize this post was in jest, but since I’m here commenting I’ll throw my two cents that I think the best show I’ve seen so far on any Royal ship is The Book on Odyssey. Everything about it was fantastic. But I also love Mamma Mia.

We have seen it twice. First time didn’t really get it so we went back for round two. Still not happening. 

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Oasis does have an awesome ice show. I can take or leave Monopoly on Allure.

Monopoly on Allure? What show is that? I don’t remember seeing it listed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

We have seen it twice. First time didn’t really get it so we went back for round two. Still not happening. 

Monopoly on Allure? What show is that? I don’t remember seeing it listed.

Ice Show.

• Thanks 1

I can’t believe there’s 8 pages of this?!

We love all the musicals and production shows even though we’ve seen some of them enough to sing along ( but we wouldn’t).  

Some we enjoy more then others.  Sometimes you have to enjoy them for the music or artistry’s not the theme so much like Cats.  I couldn’t get into Hamilton but enjoyed the music.  

The Book, while it’s not a story per say, was wonderful!  Special effects were fabulous.  The new one on Odyssey, Flight?, was truly a special effects wonder.  

We’re on Liberty again this month and we’ll go to Saturday night fever and Up in the Air and enjoy them again.  It’s better then Netflix, at home in front of the TV.  And if we doze off we haven’t missed anything!  

59 minutes ago, poocher said:

I think you may be right in a lot of cases.  God forbid it reflects the diversity of our country.

Watch it John, it is amazing theater.

Will the TV version be acceptable 🤔 

31 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

I can’t believe there’s 8 pages of this?!

We love all the musicals and production shows even though we’ve seen some of them enough to sing along ( but we wouldn’t).  

Some we enjoy more then others.  Sometimes you have to enjoy them for the music or artistry’s not the theme so much like Cats.  I couldn’t get into Hamilton but enjoyed the music.  

The Book, while it’s not a story per say, was wonderful!  Special effects were fabulous.  The new one on Odyssey, Flight?, was truly a special effects wonder.  

We’re on Liberty again this month and we’ll go to Saturday night fever and Up in the Air and enjoy them again.  It’s better then Netflix, at home in front of the TV.  And if we doze off we haven’t missed anything!  

Odyssey is Effectors.  Kinda gimmicky if you ask me.

Flight is on Symphony.  Great show

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Will the TV version be acceptable 🤔 

The production showing on Disney+ was filmed at an actual performance in 2015.  It IS the stage production not a “made for TV” version.  And as a PP said, best to turn the sound up or your closed caption on.  It’s very fast and easy to miss the lyrics til you have them memorized like me 😁😁

Edited by poocher
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Someone gave us a tip of how to enjoy the show more.  Of course, this was before covid.

We were told to go to the show very early to sit in the front row.  The reason being that the "cats" start the show on the floor next to the stage.  They look so cute.  They sit up and look at you right in the face.  Really enjoyed that part anyway!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I've found people that don't like Hamilton are turned off by the casting of the characters😉

Probably haven't even seen it

I still haven't seen it yet, so I have no opinion.

I didn't care for it.  Watched it on Disney+.  While I thought the King was humorous, I felt the music was all the same.  And I had a hard time understanding the words.  Casting never factored into it. 

• Thanks 1

And yet there were at least half a dozen different musical genres in it 🤷‍♀️.  Traditional musical theater, hip hop, rap, R & B, Pop, the old English drinking song.  but everyone likes something different I guess.  I was and continue to be blown away.

Edited by poocher
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, poocher said:

The production showing on Disney+ was filmed at an actual performance in 2015.  It IS the stage production not a “made for TV” version.  And as a PP said, best to turn the sound up or your closed caption on.  It’s very fast and easy to miss the lyrics til you have them memorized like me 😁😁

I failed to mention that not only did we turn up the volume and turn on CC, we put chairs right in front of the TV to sit so we got the full effect. I would have loved to see that performance live on Broadway. 

• Like 1

Your title is very misleading... having said that we made the mistake of seeing Chicago on Allure a very long time ago and were thoroughly annoyed.  The dancing and singing was just beyond irritating.  Some people are just not musical people, and we are somewhere in between.  Best show ever on a cruise ship was Rock of Ages on the Norwegian Breakaway.  AMAZING.  

5 hours ago, poocher said:

I was fortunate to see the current tour in Hartford last month.  Had to keep biting my lip not to sing along!!!

Laura is from Wethersfield. Born in Hartford, though.

59 minutes ago, jetta8300 said:

Your title is very misleading... having said that we made the mistake of seeing Chicago on Allure a very long time ago and were thoroughly annoyed.  The dancing and singing was just beyond irritating.  Some people are just not musical people, and we are somewhere in between.  Best show ever on a cruise ship was Rock of Ages on the Norwegian Breakaway.  AMAZING.  

We walked out of Chicago on Allure. Sat in the back on an aisle, so I didn't feel to guilty

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Another_Critic said:

And you can thank China for that.  😄

Mama Mia was moved from Quantum ("refurbed" for China) to Allure.

I didn't know that but however Mamma Mia made it to Allure it was a great move.