How much is too much for CocoCay Beach Club?

I was holding both CocoCay beach club for 4 people and a South Beach Cabana that I got on Black Friday sale. My cruise is coming up in two weeks so it was time to cancel one. I chose to keep the cabana and cancel the beach club. Prior to canceling the Beach Club was sold out and after my 4 went back into inventory and I could see 4 spots left at $249/pp.

I just checke some 9 hours later and all 4 spots are gone.

I feel I should get a kick back from RCI for returning the inventory at $89 and netting them more income 😉

Just WOW.

Edited by JoeFan
typo
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, cruisinghawg said:

89 dollars you should have kept them.  We have a cut off of 100 dollars or less.

I would have love to have kept both. The cabana will be just fine. We also have UDP so we will be eating so much anyway.

35 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Some people actually stay on the ship and say it's super nice at a cost of $ 0.00

Newsflash, you can also enjoy the island for $0.00

Beach Loungers

Skippers Grill

Oasis Lagoon

Snack Shack

Kids Park

Hammocks on Chill Island

All for $0.00

And if you are Diamond or higher, drink vouchers at the pool bar, floating bar, and Captain Jacks

A great free day

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

And if you are Diamond or higher, drink vouchers at the pool bar, floating bar, and Captain Jacks

A great free day

In addition to the vouchers or when using the vouchers? Because if it's in addition to, I'm never leaving the island!!! 🤣

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Beach Loungers

Skippers Grill

Oasis Lagoon

Snack Shack

Kids Park

Hammocks on Chill Island

All for $0.00

A great free day

Was only talking about the  2 options the poster talked about having..or his third option stay on the ship.

I guess you gave him another option.. thanks

35 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Beach Loungers

Skippers Grill

Oasis Lagoon

Snack Shack

Kids Park

Hammocks on Chill Island

All for $0.00

How'd you get that deal? Secret handshake?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Was only talking about the  2 options the poster talked about having..or his third option stay on the ship.

I guess you gave him another option.. thanks

I'm an experienced and helpful poster

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, rrraydon said:

In addition to the vouchers or when using the vouchers? Because if it's in addition to, I'm never leaving the island!!! 🤣

FWIW, in half a dozen visits to Oasis Lagoon bar since restart, I have yet to see them use one of my vouchers. Kinda weird

• Like 1

The Beach Club at cococay is wonderful.  Comfortable, excellent waiter served food- We think of it as a good shore X and would pay up to $125 pp.  We purchase early and have always paid (previously) under $100.  Cabanas are really expensive and you don't get upgraded food unless on the water in cococay.  So we wouldn't consider them anymore- used to get on Labadee but the prices have more then doubled. 

Edited by Cruise a holic

11 hours ago, cruisinghawg said:

89 dollars you should have kept them.  We have a cut off of 100 dollars or less.

I completely agree! $100 is my cut off!  American capitalism at it's best. Prices are out of hand due to supply and demand. As long as people are willing to pay that $249...prices will never return to $100.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

The Beach Club at cococay is wonderful.  Comfortable, excellent waiter served food- We think of it as a good shore X and would pay up to $125 pp.  We purchase early and have always paid (previously) under $100.  Cabanas are really expensive and you don't get upgraded food unless on the water in cococay.  So we wouldn't consider them anymore- used to get on Labadee but the prices have more then doubled. 

Everyone in CocoCay gets upgraded food. No need for a water cabana

I've "paid" my own way twice for CBC access, free once (CDC test cruise) and once at $39 early in the restart.  I've been invited to join cabana folks a few times at zero cost.  Total visits equals five. 

The steak has been okay but not the orgasmic experience some people describe.  Certainly not the "best ever" and I am hardly a foodie.  To each their own, food is personal.  

There is so much to do at PDCC that's included I don't see myself paying anything to get back into CBC anytime soon.  It's a wonderful experience and all that but for me the value proposition just doesn't work relative to what you get at PDCC without spending anything above the cruise fare.  If PDCC sucked or if they charged for everything at PDCC then the upgrade to CBC would have some value for me.

So for me... 

200.gif

• Like 6

1 hour ago, twangster said:

I've "paid" my own way twice for CBC access, free once (CDC test cruise) and once at $39 early in the restart.  I've been invited to join cabana folks a few times at zero cost.  Total visits equals five. 

The steak has been okay but not the orgasmic experience some people describe.  Certainly not the "best ever" and I am hardly a foodie.  To each their own, food is personal.  

There is so much to do at PDCC that's included I don't see myself paying anything to get back into CBC anytime soon.  It's a wonderful experience and all that but for me the value proposition just doesn't work relative to what you get at PDCC without spending anything above the cruise fare.  If PDCC sucked or if they charged for everything at PDCC then the upgrade to CBC would have some value for me.

So for me... 

200.gif

Honestly , all the food on the ship good but not great.  Not gourmet food .  We dine in sp restaurants for dinner and when available lunch.  We take the unlimited dining package- but we have dined in many excellent land restaurants.  Just never dined in Chefs table- that might be the exception.

12 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

I have not seen $89 passes since restart. We have been to cococay 4 times since restart.

Yes, I snagged one for $59 after re-start on the Adventure mostly because I was curious to try it. Now that curiosity has been satisfied, I'm good! Lol! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

FWIW, in half a dozen visits to Oasis Lagoon bar since restart, I have yet to see them use one of my vouchers. Kinda weird

Same here.  Our last b2b they didn't charge or apply against our vouchers.   Same for small hut bar near snack shack.   They were extremely busy each time and didn't seem to care.   

• Like 1